Carling Cup Final footy thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
storrmin571

Post by storrmin571 »

Bigger fish to fry. Hope RVPs problem isn't to serious. However another failure to strengthen the squad.

thearsenal

Post by thearsenal »

fair play to birmingham, thought they would have came out and booted all around them, but heres the weird thing they didnt even need to. feel really sorry for rvp and wilshere but the rest were embarrasing, alex song hides away every big game, but i tell you this now give me scott dann or roger johnson over djourou, kos or squillachi and martins over bendtner or chamakh

alchyrob

Post by alchyrob »

well that was cack. at least my only game of the season next week won't have any distractions caused by us showing off the mickey mouse cup.......

alchyrob

Post by alchyrob »

well that was cack. at least my only game of the season next week won't have any distractions caused by us showing off the mickey mouse cup.......

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Poor performance, no urgency, no commitment from certain players, rubbish from the usual suspects - Clichy, Roshitsky and the laziest bastard I have seen in an Arsenal shirt for years, Mr Arshavin - you were disgraceful today and not for the first time this season!
Feel sorry for Jack, if everyone had put his effort in we may have won the game.
Real problem was, after 75 mins, I thought.....who can we bring on to win this game? Who have we got on the bench....... and then I thought, we could be fucked - Denilson, Barry B and Chamakh, not a creative bone in any of their bodies.
We have far too many 'nothing' men in our squad, guys who offer very little in any part of the game, they are bodies on the pitch, little else.

BONVIVEUR

Post by BONVIVEUR »

Apart from Jack Jack and Nas we were fucking awful in yet another final - my boys 8 and 12 are totally fucking abject! Not since losing to those carrot crunching twats in 78 have I felt so let down , when the fuck will this team grow the fuck up!! :( :banghead: Both my lads play in goal for their respective teams and even they winched at that fucktard between the sticks today! :banghead:

Dan_85

Post by Dan_85 »

I think this, from a Yank Gooner blog is an excellent summation of things...
You can call it luck if you wish. You can say "It's just the League Cup" if it helps you sleep better at night. But the fact of the fucking matter is that winners win, and losers don't. There have been some nice moments this season, just like you can pick out nice moments from the previous five. There's been the beautiful passing moves, the goals you normally couldn't replicate even on the XBox, the days where we put 7 past someone like Everton in a game that means fuck all in the end.

In the end, it doesn't matter. When Mike Dean blew his whistle three times, Arsenal had one beautiful world-class goal, Birmingham had two ugly ones...and a trophy.

BONVIVEUR

Post by BONVIVEUR »

Also did have a freebee bet with Sky 175-1 on a quad, would have won a substantial cash prize monies! :cry:

Bring Back Pires

Post by Bring Back Pires »

storrmin571 wrote:Bigger fish to fry.
What makes you think we can fry the big fish, when we can't even 'fry' Birmingham fucking City?

Chippy

Post by Chippy »

Haven't paid my mate for the tix yet. Just texted him to say I'll pay him what they were worth! :evil:

What an embarrassment. Could go into loads but B'ham wanted it more than our lads and that is disgraceful.

Connolly55

Post by Connolly55 »

Gutted. Birmingham deserved it, could sit here all day and say if this if that.

Theres only one man once again to blame and thats Wenger. If he had of bought 2 QUALITY center halfs like everyone could see we would have won today.

Metalheadz Gooner

Post by Metalheadz Gooner »

Just got in.

Arsenal fans need to look at ourselves, where was the fucking support. Need to stop this arrogance and actually get behind the team. Nothing is given to us!!! We were so quiet, we reflected the attitude of the players bar Wilshere. We just expect to win. :banghead:

We really need to find some competition for Song, he's just a bit too slow for the position.

We need another Winger or 2.

Verminator needs to come back and start a few games at LB

I'm going to go drink a bottle of something strong. :banghead: :banghead:

Post by 1989 »

Bring Back Pires

Post by Bring Back Pires »

Metalheadz Gooner wrote:Just got in.

Arsenal fans need to look at ourselves, where was the fucking support. Need to stop this arrogance and actually get behind the team. Nothing is given to us!!! We were so quiet, we reflected the attitude of the players bar Wilshere. We just expect to win. :banghead:

We really need to find some competition for Song, he's just a bit too slow for the position.

We need another Winger or 2.

Verminator needs to come back and start a few games at LB

I'm going to go drink a bottle of something strong. :banghead: :banghead:
Even with an empty allocation the team should perform better than they did - they're paid enough, after all.

Irish Gooner

Post by Irish Gooner »

What was the support like today lads?

Seemed decent on tele

Cue armchair remarks