Not Much Has Changed

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Bring Back Pires

Not Much Has Changed

Post by Bring Back Pires »

Result aside, our objective remains the same - if we win our remaining ten games, we win the league. Simple as that.

wlchuccc

Re: Not Much Has Changed

Post by wlchuccc »

Bring Back Pires wrote:Result aside, our objective remains the same - if we win our remaining ten games, we win the league. Simple as that.
:roll: It could be the same point, no :roll:

Chips and Chocolate

Post by Chips and Chocolate »

Haha I wouldn't be afraid one bit if I were a United fan...
same old same old

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Like we will win our next 10 leauge games.

Henry Norris 1913

Re: Not Much Has Changed

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

Bring Back Pires wrote:Result aside, our objective remains the same - if we win our remaining ten games, we win the league. Simple as that.
if wolves win they're next 10 they'll finish in the top half
if bolton win they're next 10 they'll get a european place
if the scum win they're next 10 they'll win the league

if my auntie had bollocks she'd be me uncle

Arsenal 1991

Post by Arsenal 1991 »

Nope, not much has changed. We still know that Rosicky, Denilson and Diaby aren't good enough. Chamakh and Bentdner can't be relied on like Van Persie. Our First XI is fantastic, one of the best in the world but so fragile and replacements are not up to the standard required.

Ted B

Post by Ted B »

Draw today, lose in Spain Tuesday and again at Utd on Saturday - awful week.

the silver lining though is glass players like theo and rvp only being needed for 1 game per week onwards. plus cesc when he's back. as said, we're in for an awful week first so i'll pin my glimmer of hope on the players using all that hurt to concentrate all their efforts on the remaining games. i reckon we can only afford to drop 4 more points. keep denilson, diaby, rosicky & bender out of the side and this is a possibilty.

if a liverpool win tomorrow doesn't wake this team up then nothing will.

pingu

Post by pingu »

how the fuck do you work it out that if we win all ten games left we win the league?

What if we win our remaing ten but united win their remaining nine and score more goals than us?

Irish Gooner

Post by Irish Gooner »

I'm surprised BBP has come out with this, he is usually more of the realist mindset or maybe I'm mistaken.

You dont truely believe we will win the next 10 games do you?

I dont think we'll win 7. Make no mistake that was easiest game we had left and we just fucked it up.

Pathetic performance.

Bring Back Pires

pingu wrote:how the fuck do you work it out that if we win all ten games left we win the league?

What if we win our remaing ten but united win their remaining nine and score more goals than us?
Yeah, they could win it on goal difference, but when was the last time the league was settled by that?

I'm 99.9% convinced that by winning our remaining ten games, we'd win the league. Are you begging to differ, or just pointing out the unlikely issue at hand?

Gooner_Sam

Post by Gooner_Sam »

We wont win the league. Ill put every ounce of cash I have in my savings account on it.

When 0-0 at half time, everyone said in my house.. Thats how it will finish. For a club who is supposed to be going for the league we have no f*cking plan B. Bendtner, Rosicky, Diaby, Denilson are absolute *word censored*.. I want them gone.

Sagna and Clichy let us down in the wide areas yet again, poor crossing really faulters Sagna for being a top class full back. Shocking. Yes, the ref had a mare but we took way too long to get going.

This could be the start of a terrible week like TB has pointed out.. Lose against Barcelona and Manure and thats it. Over. Again :banghead:

Irish Gooner

Post by Irish Gooner »

Bring Back Pires wrote:
pingu wrote:how the fuck do you work it out that if we win all ten games left we win the league?

Yeah, they could win it on goal difference, but when was the last time the league was settled by that?

I'm 99.9% convinced that by winning our remaining ten games, we'd win the league. Are you begging to differ, or just pointing out the unlikely issue at hand?
I think we all know that we probably would.

But is it relevant, in that looking objectively one would say that was easiest game we had left and didnt win.

And to now expect to go and win at:
Scum
Blackpool
Bolton
West Brom
Fulham
Stoke City

While also beating:
Manchester United
Liverpool
Villa
Blackburn

To seriously expect or even discuss such a feat is borderline delusional.

Bring Back Pires

I didn't see today's game, nor am I defending our performance - just pointing out that we're ten games away from a title.

Depending on how many points Man Utd drop, we may not even need to win all ten. Yes, we're definite outsiders, and I don't expect us to win it.

But if you said to me in July, you could go into the last ten games knowing that a win in each would guarantee you the title - I'd probably bite your hand off.

I know our current team (with its injuries) is sub-par, but we're not facing the worst schedule possible. If it was Man Utd (a), Chelsea (a), Man City (a) and Liverpool (a), I'd say forget it. But we have a reasonable run-in, and I could foresee us winning many of the ten. At least, on paper, we're capable of it.

wlchuccc

Post by wlchuccc »

Bring Back Pires wrote:I didn't see today's game, nor am I defending our performance - just pointing out that we're ten games away from a title.

Depending on how many points Man Utd drop, we may not even need to win all ten. Yes, we're definite outsiders, and I don't expect us to win it.

But if you said to me in July, you could go into the last ten games knowing that a win in each would guarantee you the title - I'd probably bite your hand off.

I know our current team (with its injuries) is sub-par, but we're not facing the worst schedule possible. If it was Man Utd (a), Chelsea (a), Man City (a) and Liverpool (a), I'd say forget it. But we have a reasonable run-in, and I could foresee us winning many of the ten. At least, on paper, we're capable of it.
you have your point, but if you look at this team, every single time they could not perform when needed, I am doubtful that we will even get closed to Utd....Not to mention that we have to see Denilshit and Diaby week in week out FFS, I have enough :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Bring Back Pires

wlchuccc wrote:
Bring Back Pires wrote:I didn't see today's game, nor am I defending our performance - just pointing out that we're ten games away from a title.

you have your point, but if you look at this team, every single time they could not perform when needed, I am doubtful that we will even get closed to Utd....Not to mention that we have to see Denilshit and Diaby week in week out FFS, I have enough :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
This is true, and as I said, I didn't see today's game so don't have the emotional reaction that many others on this forum do.

But I'm pretty sure that once Fabregas and Van Persie are back (supposedly after the WBA game), Denilson and Diaby will be banished (and Bendtner), and suddenly we've got a team again.

If it were Denilson and Diaby for the rest of the season, I'd say 'forget it', but hopefully - fingers crossed - they won't feature much more.