Donation Details for Steve Hope (Charlie!Charlie!)

Share details of Arsenal items for sale (NOT tickets), news of forthcoming events and fundraising with your fellow Gooners here.
olgitgooner

Post by olgitgooner »

Great write-up Wayno.

I seem to have got some grit in my eyes when I read this bit...."Steves Dad, Michael asked me to pass on his thanks to everyone for their kind words and tributes posted on this forum. Michael told me that he recently spent an evening listening to Steve's favourite band U2, whilst reading through the messages on this forum. Whillst doing so he cried his heart out, both in sorrow at his loss but also due to the warmth shown by you all on here. "

Heart goes out to Steve's family, who really did him proud. Obviously a very emotional time for you, Gus/Percy, and OMM too.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

olgitgooner wrote:Great write-up Wayno.

I seem to have got some grit in my eyes when I read this bit...."Steves Dad, Michael asked me to pass on his thanks to everyone for their kind words and tributes posted on this forum. Michael told me that he recently spent an evening listening to Steve's favourite band U2, whilst reading through the messages on this forum. Whillst doing so he cried his heart out, both in sorrow at his loss but also due to the warmth shown by you all on here. "

Heart goes out to Steve's family, who really did him proud. Obviously a very emotional time for you, Gus/Percy, and OMM too.
Well said oldgit and well played all you Gooners out there for doing your bit.

franksav63
Location: Home - Whitechapel - Arsenal Block 6 - Twitter - @franksav63

Post by franksav63 »

Brilliant write up by Mutley, reading that left a lump in the throat, looking forward to the meet up for Steve's stone! Well done to all!!

:barscarf:

olgitgooner

Post by olgitgooner »

franksav63 wrote:Brilliant write up by Mutley, reading that left a lump in the throat, looking forward to the meet up for Steve's stone! Well done to all!!

Looking forward to that, too.

augie

Post by augie »

Even though I only met charlie x 2 once you cant help but feel emotional when you read that piece from Wayno about the service :cry: Personally I feel proud and honoured to be a part of this community after the response shown on this sad news and if this has provided even the smallest crumb of comfort to his family and friends then so much the better.

Will be keeping an eye out for the meet up for the "christening" (if that is the right word to use) of charlie's stone and will try to make it over if at all possible

brazilianGOONER

Post by brazilianGOONER »

franksav63 wrote:Brilliant write up by Mutley, reading that left a lump in the throat, looking forward to the meet up for Steve's stone! Well done to all!!
lump in the throat. i was looking for an expression to express what i felt when i read mutley's post, but my english wasn't good enough to find it. that's it, lump in the throat. cheers frank.

really proud to be an online gooner, lads 8)

Its Up 4 Grabs Now

Post by Its Up 4 Grabs Now »

Thanks for taking the time to share that, Wayno. Glad Tuesday went as well as could be hoped for & that the money raised & tributes to Charlie helped bring some comfort to his family & friends.

Guy the Gooner

Steve 'Bob' Hope..aka charlie charlie

Post by Guy the Gooner »

Hello guys'n'gals

I am new to the forum and felt I had to register to say a massive THANKS.

I grew up with Steve from the start of secondary school and despite a period of absence by myself stayed in touch till his very very sad departure. Steve made me the gooner I am today together with the Ham for those that know him. I am so so proud to be his mate and even more so having looked at all the posts on here. I have Found it very moving.
I hope Steve is there watching down next season having a little word in Mr Wengers ear......
Come on you gooners for charlie charlie
Steve sleep well my friend.

Guy the gooner :cry:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Welcome Guy. Sorry for your loss, Steve was a very well respected member of the forum as you can tell. Take it easy mate and try to remember the good times

olgitgooner

Post by olgitgooner »

Welcome Guy.

I was going to say exactly the same as Flash.

Now you're here, I hope you stick around.

MutleyGooner

Post by MutleyGooner »

Welcome to the Gooner Guy, sorry that it took such a sad loss for you to find us, but now that you have, it would be great if you stick around.

Chippy

Post by Chippy »

I'm literally wiping away a tear at the mo.....

northbankbren

Post by northbankbren »

seem like he got the send off he deserved. Really lovely rite up wayno.

Look after us charlie charlie, imo your looking down rite now with all our lost ones....still wondering why our manager doesnt spend. :wink:

Again to all Steve's family, friends and love ones, i am so sorry.

And in my opinion, you'll all see steve again. In a much better place.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Welcome on board, Guy. I had the privelage of sharing a few pre-match beers with Steve on a couple of occasions and he was a great lad. I'm sorry for your loss, mate.

Percy Dalton

Post by Percy Dalton »

Hi Guy,

We never got introduced at the funeral/wake did we?