AOTV moan

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Basil is a Gooner

AOTV moan

Post by Basil is a Gooner »

A bit of a moan - do you find it annoying on Arsenal.com that certain articles are only available to AOTV subscribers?
Obviously this is fair enough for match commentaries etc, but surely items such as the stages of the demolition of Highbury ( :( :( ) or Charlie George in the E******s should be free for everyone to see?
Or is it just me??! :roll:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

I agree. The official site is useless now unless you're a subscriber. :roll:

Basil is a Gooner

AOTV moan

Post by Basil is a Gooner »

I don't think the official site is too bad, although its a bit hard to find things on there sometimes. It does seem to be updated quite regularly but it is restrictive on what you can see.
Its good to see that this week they are acknowledging the ladies success (even if the interviews are on AOTV only!)
One good thing is that there is free postage and packing still in the online superstore, so at least when you give them more money for Arsenal goodies you dont have to pay for them to be delivered.
Beats queuing up in the Armoury after the game!!!

MK Gould

Post by MK Gould »

You're surely used to the concept that anything received from Arsenal, including video clips, will naturally come with a price tag! The problem is that Arsenal, having made the decision that you need to sign up to ATVO to get any video content from the site, could at least provide something that's fit for purpose. I do subscribe, although will cancel my subs during the summer.

You don't get to see live matches (although Arsenal radio for commentaries can be good fun). You do get extended highlights of each match, although I'd like this to be available quicker & can't understand why they don't offer the full match. As 60% of subscribers are overseas then not difficult to see who this is really aimed at.

But my main gripe (apart from having to pay at all) is that the files are in ASF format, & I haven't been able to find an easy way to burn them to disc so that I can play back on the TV. So I have to watch the highlights on the PC, which isn't ideal.

I see from other postings that we've followed ManUre, Chavski, Celtic, Rangers etc & will soon have an Arsenal TV channel. Trouble is that this is likely to be yet another opportunity to give hard earned cash to that scumbag Murdoch. I've resisted Sky so far & until Arsenal TV shows all our matches live then I'll continue to do so!!!