Gervinho i beleive is a great signing

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
henryking1

Gervinho i beleive is a great signing

Post by henryking1 »

hi all, thanks for letting me on your site, been a gooner 35 years plus and its great to see a proper forum. Ive looked at Gervinho and he looks good, a goalscorer, strong, quick and put him alongside RVP with Wallcot feeding them from the right i think it could be a good strike force. What i think we lacked last season was the killer instinctive shot, we always want to walk it into the net nice and fancy but i beleive this young lad will improve us. If we keep nasri, and im a big big fan of Ramsey and Wiltshire we got a handy midfield and strikeforce, defence we need to improve and goalkeeper defo.
Anyway heres to a great season ahead, and im of to bookies now to see what price Gervinho prem top scorer lol.[/b]

henryking1

vid

Post by henryking1 »

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Welcome to the forum mate.

Dont want to put a dampener on things but this time last year Chamakh looked a great prospect too and it didnt turn out too good but i agree Gervinho has looked good so far, lets hope he can carry it on beyond November

SammyDroppedHisShorts
Location: In front of the best fans on earth. The Arse and all.

Post by SammyDroppedHisShorts »

welcome to the forum

now Wrexham gives me shivers!!!

REB

Post by REB »

SammyDroppedHisShorts wrote:welcome to the forum

now Wrexham gives me shivers!!!

micky thomas :twisted:

and welcome to the gooner hk1 8)

piresistible

Post by piresistible »

flash gunner wrote:Welcome to the forum mate.

Dont want to put a dampener on things but this time last year Chamakh looked a great prospect too and it didnt turn out too good but i agree Gervinho has looked good so far, lets hope he can carry it on beyond November
I think the case of Chamakh is a bit different. If you remember when RVP was out he did pretty well for us – I think it’s a case of him being played in the wrong position when RVP is fit. Gervinho on the other hand is a completely different ball game. From what it seems he can do all sorts, but I do agree we need to see if he can carry the form throughout the season. But so far it’s not been a bad buy.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

The thing I like about him is the pace, coupled with the finishing ability. At times we looked pedestrian last season especially when Gump was out injured and we were messing around with Bendtner and Chamakh playing out wide with RvP through the middle. Just never looked menacing enough to break down those tight situations like when Blackburn and Sunderland "parked the bus".

Hoping the threat of a genuine CF with pace will change games like that. Chamakh might have looked promising but never with the pace

SteveO 35

Re: Gervinho i beleive is a great signing

Post by SteveO 35 »

henryking1 wrote:hi all, thanks for letting me on your site, been a gooner 35 years plus and its great to see a proper forum. Ive looked at Gervinho and he looks good, a goalscorer, strong, quick and put him alongside RVP with Wallcot feeding them from the right i think it could be a good strike force. What i think we lacked last season was the killer instinctive shot, we always want to walk it into the net nice and fancy but i beleive this young lad will improve us. If we keep nasri, and im a big big fan of Ramsey and Wiltshire we got a handy midfield and strikeforce, defence we need to improve and goalkeeper defo.
Anyway heres to a great season ahead, and im of to bookies now to see what price Gervinho prem top scorer lol.[/b]
Oh yes, and welcome to the Forum. The use of "I believe" in your thread makes me think you're related to Arsene as I can't remember that last time he gave an interview that didn't start with the words "Overall, I believe that....."

I'm hoping the remainder of your sentences will be more meaningful than his though, otherwise I'll be asking the MODs for "special circumstances" to remove you...... :D :barscarf:

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

flash gunner wrote:Welcome to the forum mate.

Agree. And welcome.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

I've never see a player go from looking like being a quality signing to looking utter utter shit in such a short space of time as Chamakh. What the fuck has happend to him? He was clinical for a bit but looks like a rabit in the headlamps whenever he gets a sniff now.

henryking1

thanks

Post by henryking1 »

thanks for the replies, and regards mickey dodgy banknote thomas, i was there in the arsenal end, when he hit that free kick, then wattkin scored the winner, what a mare, the shit i had from the so called wrexham fans was bad, But back to gervinho, i think he will be a very good striker, 16 goals plus this season. Hes got pace, ability, scores in and out the box and does the old terry henry runs from the left sweeping inside and letting rip. Remeber when Henry first came, it took time but then wow what a player.Up the arsenal

augie

Post by augie »

Gervinho has played 30mins of 1 bloody friendly........can we wait a while before we class the guy as a success or a failure ?

And welcome too btw 8)

cusamano

Post by cusamano »

welcome to the forum! :barscarf:

Mr FINSBURY PARK GOONER

Post by Mr FINSBURY PARK GOONER »

Will see. many fans at his old club was not sad to see him go and he's known in the Ivory Coast as a poor mans Drogba.

no. 1 is Perry Groves....

Post by no. 1 is Perry Groves.... »

Mr FINSBURY PARK GOONER wrote:Will see. many fans at his old club was not sad to see him go and he's known in the Ivory Coast as a poor mans Drogba.
about right for us then!