New song

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
N22Gooner

New song

Post by N22Gooner »

Saw this on another forum and just wanted to know what you guys thought of it.

Tune - Derrys Walls

The cry was no surrender,
We'll fight for the boys in red,
We'll fight, we'll fight for Arsenal,
The team that Chapman bred.
We'll fight for Liam Brady,
We'll fight for Charlie George,
We'll fight, we'll fight for Arsenal
The pride of London town.
(repeat over and over)

So what do you think?

DB10GOONER

Re: New song

Post by DB10GOONER »

N22Gooner wrote:Saw this on another forum and just wanted to know what you guys thought of it.

Tune - Derrys Walls

So what do you think?
Sorry, bro - but are you kidding??

I don't want to get into another whole politically orientated discussion (not after the whole Cyprus flag :evil: :roll: thing and a previous "No Surrender" thread involving an idiot called qld gooner) but that song is a no no for me.

I have to say I'm a little surprised :shock: at this from you, N22 - you've posted a lot of well thought out and intelligent stuff on here. I take it from your handle that you may be from London and obviously have no idea what that song is about. It is an Ulster loyalist song and thus it's pretty offensive to anyone from Ireland that's not a loyalist. It would be similar to me posting an Irish Republican song and trying to make it an Arsenal song. Many English, Scottish and Northern Irish Gooners would find it offensive and so it will never happen, because (like the vast majority of educated Irish people) I don't support extreme republicanism and I view the IRA as a bunch of murdering scum bags that DO NOT represent my country.

I don't mean to be overly critical, N22, but we have to keep politics out of football.

T.S

Post by T.S »

Damn you, DB10 - why have you got to be such a party pooper?!

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

tonysaunders wrote:Damn you, DB10 - why have you got to be such a party pooper?!
I know, I know!! :roll: Sorry. :wink:

I just hate politics and I REALLY hate when the thing I hate gets dragged into the two things I love most in the world after my wife and kids - Arsenal & footy!

And, in fairness, if the missus doesn't sharpen up her ideas she might find herself lower down that list... :lol: 8)

T.S

Post by T.S »

I wouldn't let her see what you've just written. You could be in trouble!

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

tonysaunders wrote:I wouldn't let her see what you've just written. You could be in trouble!
Could be??!!! :wink:

N22Gooner

Post by N22Gooner »

alright mate but as I said before I saw it on another forum and posted it up on here to see everyone's response to the song. If they thought it was good or not etc. But i understand were you're coming from in terms of the history of the tune. So lets forget about this song then and instead carry on trying to make more new songs fot The Arsenal :D

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

N22Gooner wrote:alright mate but as I said before I saw it on another forum and posted it up on here to see everyone's response to the song. If they thought it was good or not etc. But i understand were you're coming from in terms of the history of the tune. So lets forget about this song then and instead carry on trying to make more new songs fot The Arsenal :D
Aw, now I feel like I've been overly critical of a fellow Gooner. :?

I appreciate you being big enough to see my point though. Top job N22.