Defensive weakness

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
1962er

Defensive weakness

Post by 1962er »

Once again Djourou was a total disaster against Boca. I have said before, and I state again, this player is one of the worst centre halves I have ever seen, and I go back to the days of Ian Ure and Laurie Brown and Terry Neill playing in this position.
Once again he gave away a goal when the ball was an easy clearance. He has no concentration whatsoever; his ability to read a game is zero, and his positioning is abysmal.
We desperately need two first rate centre halves (this week, preferably) and TV can play at left back, as Gibbs is another liability, as his defending makes Clichy look good.
Failure to buy, together with a top class holding mid-field player (Song is just not up to it at top level) will result is a 6th place finish or lower.
Get the money in for Nasri, he does not want to play for us anymore, so get rid. How can Wenger throw away £23m?
If Barcelona do not come up with £40m for Cesc, then tell them to piss off, and make Cesc play. I do feel sorry for Cesc, I would prefer that he left on good terms, he deserves it, but Barcelona's bids are a joke.
Hoping we have a good season, but as it stands, we have no chance of anything, and may not even qualify for the holy grail!