T HENRY

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
your not champs anymore

T HENRY

Post by your not champs anymore »

T HENRY WILL FINISH TOP OF THE GOAL CHARTS NEXT SEASON
AND YES HE WILL BE IN A ARSENAL SHIRT
ONE BAD SEASON AND HE WAS INJURED, MIGHT I ADD
T HENRY T HENRY T HENRY

:D

demzy

Post by demzy »

He signed a contract at the beginning of the season, so unless arsenal accept a bid for him, he's STAYING!!!!

Gunnerz4life

Post by Gunnerz4life »

Just look at the kind of season Paul Scholes had after missing much of the last season. He was as good as a new signing, looked fresh and played a huge role in Manure winning the league. I would expect something similar from TH14. He have had plenty of rest and i expect him to start fresh and be at his best from the very start of the season and end with around 20-25 goals.

U.F.G Anfield '89

Post by U.F.G Anfield '89 »

Couldn't agree with you more, except for one point, 25 goals is not henry at his best. At his very best i would expect 50 goals in all competitions, correct me if i'm wrong but I think he was round about that mark in '04.

Gunnerz4life

Post by Gunnerz4life »

U.F.G Anfield '89 wrote:Couldn't agree with you more, except for one point, 25 goals is not henry at his best. At his very best i would expect 50 goals in all competitions, correct me if i'm wrong but I think he was round about that mark in '04.
20-25 goals in the league i meant, think that should be our priorty.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Gunnerz4life wrote:
Couldn't agree more. We also need two wingers that chip in with 14 or 15 goals each a season and a lot of assists to the strikers. When we've won titles under Wenger we've had very successful wingers a la Overmars, Parlour, Fred and Bob.

We also need a second striker that hits the 10 + or 15+ minimum mark every year (like Bergkamp and Anelka during winning seasons). To cut it down to it's most basic level, you can't win things without scoring goals.

Cesc is God

Post by Cesc is God »

I just hope he starts the season well and gets a few goals. Then his confidence will come back and he will be the best player in the world again

Gunnerz4life

Post by Gunnerz4life »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Gunnerz4life wrote:
Couldn't agree more. We also need two wingers that chip in with 14 or 15 goals each a season and a lot of assists to the strikers. When we've won titles under Wenger we've had very successful wingers a la Overmars, Parlour, Fred and Bob.

We also need a second striker that hits the 10 + or 15+ minimum mark every year (like Bergkamp and Anelka during winning seasons). To cut it down to it's most basic level, you can't win things without scoring goals.
Well the second striker scoring 10 to 15 goals would be RVP. And lets suppose we dont buy anyone this summer, Cesc and Rosicky will have to step up and maybe score around 8 to 10 goals each. Then we have Adebayor who in my opinion should get 10 goals a season. If all of these are fulfilled we will be chalanging for the title without a doubt.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Gunnerz4life wrote:
Well the second striker scoring 10 to 15 goals would be RVP. And lets suppose we dont buy anyone this summer, Cesc and Rosicky will have to step up and maybe score around 8 to 10 goals each. Then we have Adebayor who in my opinion should get 10 goals a season. If all of these are fulfilled we will be chalanging for the title without a doubt.
And there's the rub. Will Rosicky and Cesc step up? Or Hleb for that matter? I think there is more chance of Rosicky doing so as he is not near as shot shy as Hleb and with his first season in the PL behind him and the bit of experience he's gained, he should do. Cesc, while a great passer and playmaker is not a prolific goal scorer and possibly may never be. Which I would accept if he's playing well and setting up goals.

As you say, if all of these are fulfilled we'll be challenging for the title. But it may be a big "if". RVP is typically Dutch; one or two great games and then nothing for the next two or three. We really need a 15+ goals season out of him.

Of course, there is the possibility that Theo and/or Bendtner may get a run in the team and bag a few but that is only a possibility.

I reckon this season may be make or break for the current squad and it may just prove to be very interesting indeed. I have to say, even with all the negative stuff I've posted recently (particularly about Gilberto) I actually have a really strong feeling that we are gonna do well. I had this same feeling the whole summer of 1997 when we had alot of new unproven players in the squad and not many people gave us a chance of doing anything.

And look what happened the following May... :D