The Rumour Mill

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
exiled in notts

The Rumour Mill

Post by exiled in notts »

Against my better judgement I've been trawling some of the transfer rumour websites and some of the contributors are so deranged they make the print media look like purveyors of undiluted truth. They seem to be a collection of nutters and fantasists who compete to see who can come up with the most implausible work of fiction, but most of their posts follow the same basic formula (delete as applicable):

My mate/relative/imaginary friend

works in the club shop/canteen/burger van outside the ground at (insert name of Premiership club)

and has seen (insert name of any player in the world/Elvis/Shergar/Lord Lucan) arriving for talks with his agent.

My personal favourite today is the bloke in Liverpool who reckons TH14 is definitely signing for them and that this is so nailed on that "the local bookies have stopped taking bets on it". (I swear I'm not making this up.)

Any forum regulars out there seen any better ones?

Rad

Hasselbaink & Parlour

Post by Rad »

Talking to a Leyton Orient fan yesterday- he informed me that good sources had told him Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink and Ray Parlour were rumoured to be going to Leyton Orient. Apparently Parlour wants to be near to his Romford roots!

They better start making Jimmy's shorts now then!