MAKE YOUR MIND UP THIERRY!!

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
nuttygoonerpaul

MAKE YOUR MIND UP THIERRY!!

Post by nuttygoonerpaul »

Thierry Henry has admitted it is 'great to hear' his name being linked to Milan,but insists he is still an Arsenal player despite growing speculation he could be ready to leave the club.

GOD THIS xxx STORY IS GETTING BORING NOW! NO I DONT WANT HENRY TO GO , BUT WITH HIM COMING OUT EVERY DAY WITH WORDS LIKE ABOVE , GO IF YOU ARE NOT HAPPY , PLAYERS COME AND GO , BUT THE CLUB LIVES ON , COS I AND MANY GOONERS ARE GETTING P/OFF WITH IT NOW .
:(

donaldo

Post by donaldo »

If Henry does leave and i hope he doesn"t leave there is only one player who is good enough to replace him and that is Samuel Eto"o.If Henry goes to Barcelona we want Eto"o in return, if he goes to Milan we should break the bank to get Eto"o.If it means spending £30 million plus so be it.We cannot afford to go into the new season without a world class striker if Henry goes. I have said before i believe Henry will stay IF the board and Arsene bring in the players which will help us compete to win trophies next year.I think Henry is making these statements to force the hand of the board to let Wenger have the funds to compete with Manure and Chelski.The loss of Ribery to Bayern who are not in the CL was not a good sign.

Galasso

Post by Galasso »

As Arsenal tend to keep things under wraps transfer wise, I doubt any of us will know if we got close to Ribery until Ribery talks. Maybe Malouda is the main target?

Re Henry..It is hard to know, if as some have suggested, whether TH is on the way down. I think we will be weaker without TH at the club, regardless of who replaces him. He should by now be fully fit, rested and most probably bored of dancing with Adebayor. If we get someone else in, even eto'o, it will take some time for him to settle and I don't feel we have the experience to cover for this - as Henry had when he came in.

Still, if he wants to go and the Boss sees it in the same way as the Vieira situation, then this is all a waste of time.

Perhaps they could let us know so we don't waste so much time reading and writing crap. ....

Trevheff

Post by Trevheff »

The worst case scenario is that Henry finally leaves in August leaving us limited time to find a replacement and once all candidates have been snapped up by other clubs.

I don't want him to go but if he's going to, do it now so that we have time to get a replacement and so that we have a full pre-season to full prepare for life without him.

The club should ask him now for a clear answer: "Do you want to stay, yes or no?" If the answer is no find the highest bidder and find them quickly.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

I MAY QUIT GUNNERS
EXCLUSIVE THIERRY HENRY ON THE CRISIS AT ARSENAL 'DAVID DEIN WAS THE LAST PERSON WE WANTED TO LOSE.. IT UNSETTLED THE BOSS, UNSETTLED THE PLAYERS'
John Cross 08/06/2007

The above headline is from one of the articles that seems to have started all this will he/won't he stay/go rubbish. :roll:

Honestly, that headline is a laugh. I've read the "article" that this knob has written. I'm not pasting it here as it's too big. But let me just say that Henry never once in that “articleâ€

donaldo

Post by donaldo »

DBGooner your right about the headline but Henry is not stupid he knows that unless he comes out and says"I AM NOT LEAVING EVER" the press will turn his words around.My advice to him is dont say anything.

Galasso

Post by Galasso »

Henry seems to like to talk.

Perhaps he should try to imagine he is back in early to mid 2006 when he hardly said anything about his future, and see if that works.

Drone

Crap

Post by Drone »

They just have to write something, i dont belive he is leaving or that he said something about leaving, but the media is like that thay make a bull from a flie.

Eboue Can't Defend

From Gooner to Goner?

Post by Eboue Can't Defend »

As much as I don't want to believe it, after seeing Thierry's interview on Sky this evening, I've got to say that it doesn't look good guys :cry:

He kept referring to the David Dein debacle, almost as if he was using it as a premise to leave the club.

My initial thoughts about the speculation were that it was part media hype; part Barcelona wishing thinking, and part Thierry firing a warning shot to Arsene Wenger and, more particularly, the Board of Arsenal. However, after seeing the full interview, I'm a very worried man.

What I want to know is what are the Board thinking? Do they realise that, by their actions over D.D. they are in danger of jeopardising most of the progress the club have made over the past decade?

Of course none of us know the true ins and outs of the situation but no-one can deny that Dein was a big supporter of the club; the catalyst for Arsenal's move forward in the past 20 years and - in partnership with his good friend Wenger - the architect of our success.

What do we know of the current Board? Well, Chairman Hill Wood now has only 1% of the shares and was once quoted as saying Dein was throwing his money away by buying shares in the club (hardly inspiring!).

Endleman isn't a gooner but a businessman/accountant who could just as easily leave the club should a better offer come along. Danny Fitzman is now a tax exile in order to save a few quid. And the rest of them?

Let me make it clear, I'm not in favour of the Kroenke take-over for obvious reasons (it will leave the club even further in debt, being amongst them). However, in dealing with Dein the way they have, the Board have potentially opened up a Pandoras Box the likes of which we may well live to regret.

I only hope they know what they are doing. The last thing this club needs is Henry, Cesc and - worst of all - Wenger leaving because of a battle of Boardroom egos.

Can someone please reassure me that it will be alright in the end? Please? Someone?

Chunky The Gooner

Post by Chunky The Gooner »

I think this will carry on every summer ala PV4 until one summer it will happen. The interview didnt look too great to me but saying that I dont think Henry will go. Not after the season he has just had. Not his best and he will admit he was not right last season due to injuires mainly but I think something else was missing too.

jr27

Post by jr27 »

This whole episode is annoying and I am getting extremely fed up with it! People read into what he has or hasnt said far too much (by people I am mainly refering to the media). He has another 4(?) years to run, if he didn't want to sign last year he wouldn't have!! I personally think Henry will stay, I hope he does. If he doesnt so be it, the club will move on!

I would never begrudge Henry if he decides to leave. I would be dissappointed, but he has been loyal to the club for a long time now, and has always been true to his word (which for footballers these days is rare).

Henry has done so much for the club, and the club has done so much for Henry. At the end of the day he will make the right decision, whether he stays or leaves, but the papers are making a story out of nothing

I Hate Hleb

THIERRY MUST STAY!

Post by I Hate Hleb »

I AGREE ALMOST ENTIRELY WITH JR27. HOWEVER, DIDN'T PATRICK SIGN A NEW CONTRACT THE YEAR BEFORE HE LEFT?

I KNOW THAT IT WAS ULTIMATELY WENGER'S DECISION TO LET PV4 LEAVE, BUT WHO IS TO SAY THAT SOMETHING SIMILAR WON'T HAPPEN WITH THIERRY?

SOMEONE FROM THE CLUB HAVE GOT TO COME OUT VERY SOON - PREFERABLE WENGER - TO SAY THAT THIERRY ISN'T GOING ANYWHERE, REGARDLESS OF WHAT INTEREST WE MAY RECIEVE FROM BARCELONA, MILAN ETC.. ONLY THEN WILL MOST ARSENAL FANS BE ABLE TO RELAX A BIT.