Wengers biggest crime of today (apart from the scoreline)

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Wengerball

Wengers biggest crime of today (apart from the scoreline)

Post by Wengerball »

Its the way he has wrecked the confidence of the younger players. Poor Carl Jenkinson, who was in fact out of his depth, was one of only a few players to really put their hand up.
Sure he was rubbish at times but at least he was willing to keep going and the reward he got for that was to see the likes of Roshitty walking around and turning his back on the Arsenal for the 3rd goal- an absolutely criminal attitude.
Coquelin was no where near the worst offender in the team but that didnt stop Wenger bringing him off and with it our only real protection against a cricket score.
Bringing on Alex Oxlade Chamberlain in time for the avalanche of goals in the last half hour was a masterstroke by the GIC. What must that kid be thinking he has signed up for?
Our young players morale must be on the floor when there were players of a more senior age that should have the finger pointed firmly in their direction (a certain ginger Swiss player springs to mind).

So I can forgive Jenkinson, Coquelin and our young polish goalkeeper for their roles in todays game. At least they gave a shit and kept trying to the end.

Step up Arshavin, Rosicky, Ramsey and Djourou and face the music for this absolute afront to the Arsenal jersey and the fans you represent.

northbankbren

Post by northbankbren »

And the keeper too, heard that tony cascarino apparently compared it to "the holocaust" :shock:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011 ... ll-arsenal

He sent a group of kids out to be destroyed. Feel really sorry for Jenkisnson, Ramsy and Scez.

Dan_85

Post by Dan_85 »

Indeed, talk about a baptism of fire. But then what other choice did we have? Wenger has chosen to deplete our squad so much that these are now the guys that have to come in & do a job...

Wengerball

Post by Wengerball »

Dan_85 wrote:Indeed, talk about a baptism of fire. But then what other choice did we have? Wenger has chosen to deplete our squad so much that these are now the guys that have to come in & do a job...
I'll tell you what he could have done- he could have set us up properly in a formation that would at least preserve some dignity. What good does an 8-2 scoreline do compared to a 3-1 or 4-1?

It destroys a player before hes even started

A fuming gooner :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Glitch33

Post by Glitch33 »

He expected a makeshift team to play entertaining and attacking football and expected to win. The guy is deluded.

This should have been a damage limitation job to make sure the confidence of the team is not destroyed. Any sane person could see we were on to a hiding today (though I didn't expect to let in 8!).

This is a dereliction of duty and and the buck stops with Wenger.

Everybody can see what the problems are and he ignores them year after year.

No more feeble excuses please Arsene. Just put your hand up to your crimes and either fix it or fuck off.

The club will not get any more of my money until things change.

This Is The Daybreak

Post by This Is The Daybreak »

If the man had any tactical sense he would have played a deep defensive line and pack the midfield, try and get something on the break or at least damaged limitation, he was still trying to get them to play football like we had Pires, Henry and Bergkamp still out there

Post by 1989 »

This Is The Daybreak wrote:If the man had any tactical sense he would have played a deep defensive line and pack the midfield, try and get something on the break or at least damaged limitation, he was still trying to get them to play football like we had Pires, Henry and Bergkamp still out there
Exactly.

Not even fucking Barcelona would play such a high line at Old Trafford. It's suicide. Wenger wouldn't know tactics if it bit him right on the arse.

Post by 1989 »

And yes I feel sorry for the likes of Jenkinson, Oxlade and Coquelin who were just thrown in at the deep end with no experienced heads around them. This could very well shatter their confidence. Believe me, a result like that is hard to recover from, they'll be scarred for a long time. Thanks Wenger, you utter *word censored*.

Gunnerz4life

Post by Gunnerz4life »

Also I dont recall him getting up from his seat even once for any guidance or instructions or motivation. as our youngstars were getting hammered. He just sat there.

Post by 1989 »

Gunnerz4life wrote:Also I dont recall him getting up from his seat even once for any guidance or instructions or motivation. as our youngstars were getting hammered. He just sat there.
Did you notice how Theo and RvP didn't look him in the eye when they came off. He has lost their respect. He has lost their faith and he has lost the fans faith too.

henryking1

totally agree

Post by henryking1 »

I totally agree with all thats been posted. Simple answer to the problem, sack Wenger, bring in a English manager, spend 100 million on a c defender, an experienced midfielder and a kevin davies like striker who gives a shit and gets stuck in. We need a balance of expereince, talent but also players who really want to win that ball , and give 120 % effort every game. I didnt go to old trafford, but watched it on sky, and for all you fans who did go, i respect you so fxxxing much, even when we were losing 8 2 i could still hear the arsenal singing and it was like that all through the game. So wake up chairman, directors, share holders and give the fans some loyality like they give the club loyality. enough said.

richpye

Post by richpye »

1989 wrote:
Gunnerz4life wrote:Also I dont recall him getting up from his seat even once for any guidance or instructions or motivation. as our youngstars were getting hammered. He just sat there.
Did you notice how Theo and RvP didn't look him in the eye when they came off. He has lost their respect. He has lost their faith and he has lost the fans faith too.
This could be the players too embarrassed to look him in the eye. But I get your point

MK Gould

Post by MK Gould »

The biggest crime has been in giving people the excuse to repeatedly start new threads on exactly the same subject :shock: !

Wengerball

Post by Wengerball »

MK Gould wrote:The biggest crime has been in giving people the excuse to repeatedly start new threads on exactly the same subject :shock: !
:lol: I think its forgivable this once surely as this is a real low for our club and fans want to express themselves

thearsenal

Re: Wengers biggest crime of today (apart from the scoreline

Post by thearsenal »

Wengerball wrote:Its the way he has wrecked the confidence of the younger players. Poor Carl Jenkinson, who was in fact out of his depth, was one of only a few players to really put their hand up.
Sure he was rubbish at times but at least he was willing to keep going and the reward he got for that was to see the likes of Roshitty walking around and turning his back on the Arsenal for the 3rd goal- an absolutely criminal attitude.
Coquelin was no where near the worst offender in the team but that didnt stop Wenger bringing him off and with it our only real protection against a cricket score.
Bringing on Alex Oxlade Chamberlain in time for the avalanche of goals in the last half hour was a masterstroke by the GIC. What must that kid be thinking he has signed up for?
Our young players morale must be on the floor when there were players of a more senior age that should have the finger pointed firmly in their direction (a certain ginger Swiss player springs to mind).

So I can forgive Jenkinson, Coquelin and our young polish goalkeeper for their roles in todays game. At least they gave a shit and kept trying to the end.

Step up Arshavin, Rosicky, Ramsey and Djourou and face the music for this absolute afront to the Arsenal jersey and the fans you represent.
i think aaron ramsey has been unfairly criticised by the fans the lad is only 20 years of age and trying to step up and replace fabregas,its not his fault he doesnt have someone beside him to help him progress and teach him how to take control of a game, also walcotts failure to track back absolutley destroyed young jenkinson, he gave his all out there and even had a go at walcott for not helping him