How long should Our Glorious Leader be given?

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

How long should it be left before Wenger is sacked?

Poll ended at Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:32 pm

He should be sacked with immediate effect.
72%
He should be given the chance to fix it in the transfer window.
15%
Judge him in May!
12%

Total votes: 65

Batflyer

Post by Batflyer »

Irish Gooner wrote:We will beat Swansea City and Shrewsbury town at home. After that I cant see where the next win is coming from. We look like a poor bottom half side.
At this point I'm not sure about that. :?

AFCasap

Post by AFCasap »

sacked now!!!!....cannot be trusted a day longer....has lied through his teeth for season after season, transfer window one after another about buying "real" quality and having no intention....plus his rubbish tactics and arselona wannabe bollocks, ok against your wba's but shit when it counts....its all failed miserably, except in his ego maniac brain...we have been very patient, for nothing!!!.....its over with this total humiliation in our 125th year, nice memory courtesy of wenger!!!!

cameron326

Post by cameron326 »

I think he should be given the rest of the season to sort it out - we owe him that much not to make him walk away in humiliation.
Then he will and should probably resign next summer, or near the end of the season.

The board need to take their share of responsibility for this debacle (the wage structure, the Nasri/Cesc fiasco, is there money available or not?, the ticket prices etc etc) preferably by resigning.

I really dont see why Wenger should go and the board get off scott free. They've all been in this together.

cameron326

Post by cameron326 »

I really cant see how our fans are so deluded to not see that the board are in this up to their necks.

Wenger may walk - by mutual consent after a few months, at the end of the season or in the summer. HE WILL NOT BE SACKED NOW.

The board are behind this whole fiasco and Wenger is their YES man.

The only thing that could make me have more contempt for the owners of Arsenal would be if they were to sack Wenger now - thereby scapegoating THEIR MAN to assage the fans anger over THEIR atrocious and deluded running of the club.

Whlist Wenger has screwed up big time with his decisions on and off the pitch, most fans would still believe that he is trying to make Arsenal a winning team the best he can with the resources available to him. (of which he's doing a very poor job of late)

CAN YOU SAY THIS ABOUT THE BOARD???

The board and their greed and shocking strategy are the cancer at our club. Wenger is just the main symptom.

storrmin571

Post by storrmin571 »

cameron326 wrote:I think he should be given the rest of the season to sort it out - we owe him that much not to make him walk away in humiliation.
Then he will and should probably resign next summer, or near the end of the season.

The board need to take their share of responsibility for this debacle (the wage structure, the Nasri/Cesc fiasco, is there money available or not?, the ticket prices etc etc) preferably by resigning.

I really dont see why Wenger should go and the board get off scott free. They've all been in this together.
They are all as bad as each other, Wenger is the manager, the person responsible for selecting the team, for training, coaching etc, choosing transfer targets, tactics. He is currently not capable of doing any of these tasks. Why give him another year? Its time for a change. Now not in May.

biglunn

Post by biglunn »

cameron326 wrote:I really cant see how our fans are so deluded to not see that the board are in this up to their necks.

Wenger may walk - by mutual consent after a few months, at the end of the season or in the summer. HE WILL NOT BE SACKED NOW.

The board are behind this whole fiasco and Wenger is their YES man.

The only thing that could make me have more contempt for the owners of Arsenal would be if they were to sack Wenger now - thereby scapegoating THEIR MAN to assage the fans anger over THEIR atrocious and deluded running of the club.

Whlist Wenger has screwed up big time with his decisions on and off the pitch, most fans would still believe that he is trying to make Arsenal a winning team the best he can with the resources available to him. (of which he's doing a very poor job of late)

CAN YOU SAY THIS ABOUT THE BOARD???

The board and their greed and shocking strategy are the cancer at our club. Wenger is just the main symptom.
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/vi ... senal.html

Never seen Wenger look so distraught, ever. But STILL he dodges the issues.

If he is under orders not to spend, why on earth does he not just say so? If what is happening at Arsenal is against what he wants to do, why has he not made that clear? Why sign a contract extension last summer?

Yes, the board may well be unwilling to spend, but if Wenger believed he needs to spend, and forced the issue, he could have done. But he doesnt.

Either way, boards fault, Arsenes stubbornness, or Arsenal being a YES man - Arsene being manager of AFC IS is damaging the club. Is it just 3 wins in 17 consecutive league games? That is disgraceful.

Percy Dalton

Post by Percy Dalton »

How long should he be given?

Just long enough to stop his feet touching the floor is my answer!

:roll:

augie

Post by augie »

The fact that he hasnt gone already this morning has shredded my small hope that he would be gone from our club today :cry: Maybe when the club lose their pot of gold top 4 finish they will finally do the necessary :roll: :oops: :x

I Hate Hleb

Post by I Hate Hleb »

Is he still here? :shock: :shock: :roll:

Bring Back Pires

Post by Bring Back Pires »

augie wrote:The fact that he hasnt gone already this morning has shredded my small hope that he would be gone from our club today :cry: Maybe when the club lose their pot of gold top 4 finish they will finally do the necessary :roll: :oops: :x
Yep, the board would've thrown their end of season party on Wednesday night after the CL qualification, and will be sitting on a beach in the Bahamas for another year at least.

Monkeymaw

Post by Monkeymaw »

cameron326 wrote:I think he should be given the rest of the season to sort it out - we owe him that much not to make him walk away in humiliation.
T
Well we walked away from the ground in humiliation yesterday.
I think Arsene has now lost not only the respect of the fans but also the respect of the players he has invested in. Fellow managers and the press had lost the respect years ago.
Whe need the unbelievable belief back.

UTU

Post by UTU »

Sacked and the Uzbek to take over. 8)

There is something rotten at our club and it is pure greed, an ambition to make money first and not giving a damn what happens on the football picth :banghead:

A complete change is needed from the top to the bottom. The Arsenal have become a fucking joke, Never in over 30 years of followig The Arsenal have I seen us,

Concede 8 Goals

Concede 4 Goals while being 4-0 up

Lose at home to the scum when we are 2-0 nil up :banghead:

FUCK THE BOARD AND FUCK WENGER WITH HIS DELUDED NONSENSE

Jumpers For Goalposts

Post by Jumpers For Goalposts »

UTU wrote:Sacked and the Uzbek to take over. 8)

There is something rotten at our club and it is pure greed, an ambition to make money first and not giving a damn what happens on the football picth :banghead:

A complete change is needed from the top to the bottom. The Arsenal have become a fucking joke, Never in over 30 years of followig The Arsenal have I seen us,

Concede 8 Goals

Concede 4 Goals while being 4-0 up

Lose at home to the scum when we are 2-0 nil up :banghead:

FUCK THE BOARD AND FUCK WENGER WITH HIS DELUDED NONSENSE
The bit I've highlighted sums up our problem. Wenger should have gone long before now because our problems are there for all to see but he chooses to ignore them. I've been getting piss-taking (and sometimes sympathetic) texts from Everton / Spurs / Charlton fans but it's become impossible to defend Wenger.

He really is like the bloke re-arranging the deckchairs on The Titanic.

BUT - as UTU points out - we need change everywhere. If Wenger goes we're still stuck with our useless self-serving board. Kroenke takes over and says f**k all / Hill-Wood repeatedly insults us / Gazidis is as much use as an umbrella in a hurricane. How are that lot gonna get us back in contention with Man Utd and Barca????

Our problems go much deeper than conceding 8 goals at Old Trafford :banghead: :banghead:

henryking1

sack wenger

Post by henryking1 »

I believe its time to part company with A W. If it was down to me i would appoint David O, leary as manager, with Tont Adams as assistant and Martin Keown , David Seamen, and Steve Bould on coaching staff, Spend the 60 mill from cesc and nasri on 2 English centre backs, 1 being Cahill, 1 expereined ball winning midfielder who wants to play for Arsenal and a strong nuisance of a striker ( someone like kevin davies ) who gets stuck in and feeds the scrap balls to rvp and gervinhio. We need some hard talking , strong willed, pasionate ,ball winning , players who clinch their shirt with pride, with tony adams on touchline screaming at them.

topcat

Post by topcat »

augie wrote:I refuse to believe that anybody would vote anything for anything other than immediate sacking so there appears to be a few guys on a piss take here :roll:

Btw can the boyfriends/husbands/fathers/lovers of them two women holding up the "arsene we trust" banner please not allow them to attend any more Arsenal matches ? Please find them some ironing, washing cooking or whatever to do that will disguise their lack of understanding of football and keep them doing something more in tune with their "talents" :roll:
I'm pretty sure tony sensible saunders is going to pick up on a sexist comment here.

:)

just joking of course. :wink: