Don't get too Excited - this is a one-time thing

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
SWLGooner
Location: Islington Town Hall, applauding the fourth place trophy.

Post by SWLGooner »

REBEL GOONER wrote:you need to find out what a bodhran is first :wink:
It's a small drum, cheers Google 8)

USMartin

Post by USMartin »

Actually Alan I was the one who "informed" ypu that I had beanned from other forums, and i did so over a year ago.

Maybe you need therapy mate because you just can't tell the truth about anything. It's a shame no one else seems to have the courage to point out the obvious that two other moderators do not believe I lied to them or to you and that if you read the actual threads the first one which you also locked had nothing at all to do with the Board, and the second had nothing to do with the Board eithere it was a debate about how and where it could or should be discussed. Only the third one had anything to do with the Board, yet you locked all three threads yourself, neither Hleb nor Rebel felt any need nor desire to do so, no clearly so they share your belief that I lied to anyone.

You want me gone fine. Nothing wrong in that, but be a mann enough to stand behind what you believe honestly not based on cowardly lies because that is easier to do.

USMartin

Post by USMartin »

Just for the record here is the topic post of the first thread

http://www.onlinegooner.com/phpbb2/view ... hp?t=27100

[quote= "USMartin"]Yes this is an exciting new feature in which USMartin will try and comment and views other Gooners are expressing in other threads in his own unique wayl

There are a lot of topics to be discussed in days to come from the weeks I was away but for the first opening of the mailbag there is not time like the present I figure. So here goes

mikeyb772001 wrote:
I really hope we win or at least draw tonight. I can’t face seeing us get embarrassed again by a big club. The players need this tonight or it will really damage them for the rest of the season. I want to be proved wrong so much its unreal but I really can’t see our players beating them tonight. The likes of Gangster c**t lip, Ginger wanker, Shrek and that cretin Evra will want this much more than us. Physically and mentally.

This could make or break us now, I think if we loose we will find it hard on Saturday with Stoke, then harder still with the Chavs.

Bring some big times back to the Arsenal, let’s go out fighting! And please if were going to get cards lets make it fucking worth it no tip tappy bookings, get the fuck stuck in and hurt some of those c**ts

I agrwith a lot said here - though I think a victory is the only really acceptible result right now - for the reasons Mikey quite rightly suggests but also because right nowe at least anything less than Victory leaves us effectively closer to fither than first - or as close to it perhaps. Remember United have played one match less so depending on their match in hand if we do not win we almost certainly drop to second. IF we do not even draw we are really behind the eight ball as we will be five behind United
tied for second (second on goal difference alone) and will only be one point ahead of fourth and five ahead of fifth.

Now if we win we go four clear of United meaning their match-in-hand can't overhaul us three ahead of City four ahead of Chelsea and seven ahead of those c**ts in fifth.

As Mikey points out if we are to win something belief will be critical to making that happen and I think it's safe to say that if we win our belief will skyrocket. Draw it may rise a bit but lose and it will plummet. But since belief alone won't win it a win here is essential for me.

As to whether we'll win it again Mikey makes some very legitimate points, but this is not the United of the past five years let alone the United of the glory days of this rivalry up to 2003. I cannot see us being unable to be this United side. They are a good side certainly but not not nearly so good as any other United side I have seen all the way back to 96 even before that. The opportunity is there today period - we can beat United if we we play to what we are capable of. If we don't a lot of questions need to be asked I suspect about a lot of things.

There is no reason we can't get the three p[oints if we are as good as we believe - none at all so let's begin a new chapter in our history today with the win we all hunger for so frickin' much.[/quote]

USMartin

Post by USMartin »

And here is the opening post of the second thread

[quote= "USMartin"]Good Morning Readers - I will be peaking into my mailbag in a bit but before I do I thought I should adress something aksed of me in my first peek in the mailbag earlier. Well I'll let the fellow ask for himself,

RossieGooner wrote:
Er, am i missing something here ?

Why start a thread to answer points people are making on other threads ?

Why dont u just answer them on the thread they are posted on originally ?

And I thought that's a good question and I was struggling for an answer till I noticed this

RossieGooner wrote:
Fair play - a thread on the board about the "Board"... hopefully this will allow the rest of us that wish to discuss players, stadium, tactics, performances, transfers, kit, tits ( ), etc - in fact ANYTHING to do with Arsenal wont result in a shitefest about the Board..... You have your own private playarea here now USM - please dont hijack (with Board related points) everywhere else that we talking Arsenal.....

Well, I'll be Rossie, you answered your own question doncha know? BTW congrats on Laura Kate's birth hpope she and Mrs Rossie are dong well
The point here is this - this is what I mean when I have stated in the past that this is an issue of trying to censor unpopular views on here by the forum members. Not a month ago ypu supported the very same thing and stated the very reasons I chose to start this after consulting with moderators - to try and be considerate of the forum as a whole and still alow those who want to address these issues to do so as well.

No offense but you seem to be complaining if I address these issues on here at all - but you are hardly alone - there is a number of people who in their own behavior are ignoring the forum rules of conduct in order to force the forum to reflect what they want to be reality about Arsenal and will go to very aggressive nasty and unseemly lengths to ensure this.

I mean if I cannot post my views in response to an issue in the appropraite thread without all sorts of nasty and personal harassment that ingores that actual issuedirected at me for doing so then surely it is not unreasonable to attempt a compromise that suits everyone. And if it is unreasonable would it not be fair to say that certain people are trying to impose their own control of editorial content on the forum as a whole?

Oh, and again congratulations on Laura Kate's birth.[/quote]

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

Only the third one had anything to do with the Board, yet you locked all three threads yourself

because they turn into 10 page bitchfests where you talk a lot of crap before verbally abusing anyone who dares disagree with you. can't you just take this to pm? no you make a thread so everyone can see. your looking for attention marty . Its just a fucking football forum, no need to get bureaucratic on everything

EDIT- what a surprise a triple post, not satisfied with the attention your getting from us you've started talking to yourself :wink:

MutleyGooner

Post by MutleyGooner »

Fucking hell this is an interesting thread

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

MutleyGooner wrote:Fucking hell this is an interesting thread
what did they do to you in asia?

:shock: :wink:

USMartin

Post by USMartin »

Alan and anyone who read the two previous posts can see neither was in fact about the Board in any way shape or form. Yet Alan insists falsely that they were, and that would in fact have to be true for his claims about me to be accurate.

Go Ahead Alan show me where those are Board threads since that in fact is your evidence. Show us all. Clearly the first thread had nothing at all to do with the Board and was closed because - as the second thread addresses - the same people who were complaining about thread hijacking were complaining about me using seperate threads of my own to post the same views they took exception to and then a debate about the whole posting issue ensued and that was closed. The third thread was clearly about the Board and addressed it directly. So that is three threads aand only one about the Board.

So even if you took upon yourself solely to interpret things as you did and neither of the other two moderators I consulted ahead of this project along with you did there still is only one thread about the Board. So how even using your interpretation of reality one that is incosistent not only with mine but two other moderators apprently as they did not take any acting against any of the threads nor did they conlude I had broken my word or lied about anything, do you come to that conclusion when in fact there was only one such thread about the Board?

Better still Why is it that at the time this happened you felt no need or desire to call me a liar as if what you are saying is true I was in fact lying at that time, yet you never once confronted me about lying to you or more to the poiint to forum adminstrators or moderators once. Indeed the first metion of my lyins when Tony Saunders sought to work out some sort of compromise with me six months or so after all of this. It doesn't take me six months to decide anything let alone I have been lied to by someone I was decent enough to trust Funny how it would take you rthat long.

Face it you haven't got the balls to just call for me being banned so you had to invesnt justification for it and you did. You lied about my conduct. Now be a big boy - a man even - and admit this. it won't stop you wanting me banned or maybe even getting me banned, especially now but it will make you look a lot better in the end than you do now.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Whose ALAN :?

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

mcdowell42 wrote:Whose ALAN :?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9I1iZN2xQ4

Watch from about 50seconds for the next minute

He really has it in for alan doesnt he? :shock:

USMartin

Post by USMartin »

DB10GOONER wrote:
safcftm wrote:Personally I thought the idea of having a "board thread" was a decent one as it was getting to the point where every Arsenal related topic was becoming a discussion on the board no matter how tenuous the link and it was very much going over old ground. I write some pretty lengthy posts myself, but when there are multiple several paragraphed posts on several threads all about the board, people get to the point where they think "yes, we know your opinion on the board FFS". Maybe it should have been agreed that comment briefly on the board is fine but that overly lengthy posts about them should be confined to a specific board discussion thread
And therein is the problem. Martin could not contain his 10,000 word rants about the board to that one (stickied) thread. He was still posting huge repetitive 10,000 word posts about the board on other threads as well as having a sticky for that purpose. The idea did not work because Martin broke the agreement that justified the idea being tried.
There was no stickied thread until about three months ago Alan. The threads you refer to are all from last December - January

http://www.onlinegooner.com/phpbb2/view ... hp?t=31107

The stickied thread was opened on 29 July 2011. The threads you cite as proof I lied about my actions were opened 12 ,14,and 16 December in 2010. Maybe you should just split the difference and say you incorrectly interpreted my request and iots meaning as two other moderators who were sent the same request seem unwilling to back you any more than to back me and if I were in fact lying it would and should be easy for them to back you on this. At least then we could say there was just a big misunderstanding which would benefit you far more at this point, Alan.

USMartin

Post by USMartin »

I Hate Hleb wrote:
LDB wrote:Maybe this is all some elaborate attempt to create a world record in how many people who pretty much agree with you can you completely alienate? ....
George W. Bush is the current record holder, apparently. :lol: :lol: :wink:
He will be the eternal record holder for that.... :

jamjc64

Post by jamjc64 »

im tired and confussed. Time to move on everyone.

The season starts tomorrow :barscarf:

HashKads

Post by HashKads »

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

USMartin wrote:Alan and anyone who read the two previous posts can see neither was in fact about the Board in any way shape or form. Yet Alan insists falsely that they were, and that would in fact have to be true for his claims about me to be accurate.
Fuck me, Martin - the two threads that you say weren't about the board were probably locked because they were shameless vanity threads :?

'USMartin's mailbag' - what did you expect? of course it got locked! :lol:

Shit threads sometimes get locked.... so do vanity threads that have no interest value to anyone but the author... and yes, sometimes repetitive threads about all sorts of subjects get locked too.

You're not immune to that. You've had plenty of threads that haven't been locked as well, so lets not get too precious about it mate.

As I've said on many, many occasions... stop the feuding and move on. It's no wonder people think you need help, as you come across as an obsessive, moaning man-child... so you hardly come across as a well adjusted human being, do you?? surely you can see that... can't you?! :shock: :? :lol: :?

Just chill the fuck out! - you can't be enjoying this, surely? :?