100 - RvP

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
RVP2

Post by RVP2 »

Yeh that post about RVP not being good enough is a total joke. I realise that the FIFA rankings are a pile of sh*te but he is the number one striker for the best national on the planet.

Robin is a class act. I remember going away to Southampton in his early days, and him being sent off when we were 1-0 up and they were down to ten for doing something stupid. Wenger went nuts at him and crouch equilised. I swore I would never forgive him, I was so angry. He then popped up in the home game v Southampton a few months later with an absolute beauty to either draw us level or win the game (can't remember it's too far back!!). If he stays with us this season and next getting upto 125-30 goals, he will be a legend in my eyes.

Arsenal 1991

Post by Arsenal 1991 »

spid wrote:Joined: 08 May 2008
Posted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:55 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why does everyone think RVP is so good??? He's a waste of space.

Too one sided, turns like a Dutch canal boat, doesn't close down defenders, can't head the ball, does't make runs across the six yard box. He just hangs around the penalty spot waiting for breaks (from who?).

He's not a leader and definately not a captain. I don't know who he compares himself to but he would't lace Rooneys boots.

Walcott? Not even going to start on him.

I think they are part of the problem not the solution.
Are you a fucking idiot or something?

I Hate Hleb

Post by I Hate Hleb »

RVP2 wrote:Yeh that post about RVP not being good enough is a total joke. I realise that the FIFA rankings are a pile of sh*te but he is the number one striker for the best national on the planet.

Robin is a class act. I remember going away to Southampton in his early days, and him being sent off when we were 1-0 up and they were down to ten for doing something stupid. Wenger went nuts at him and crouch equilised. I swore I would never forgive him, I was so angry. He then popped up in the home game v Southampton a few months later with an absolute beauty to either draw us level or win the game (can't remember it's too far back!!). If he stays with us this season and next getting upto 125-30 goals, he will be a legend in my eyes.
So, only the 125 goals a season is needed to become a legend. :shock: :shock: :? Harsh. :oops: :lol: :lol: :wink:

RVP2

Post by RVP2 »

Ha! I personally love him. Did you see on twitter Tim Stillman (writes for Arseblog and @littledutchVA) caught his shirt (or his mate did) after the game on Tuesday, tweeted a pic of him holding it to RVP who then replied saying "nice one" or something similar. Much respect all round. Great to see a genuine gooner recognised by a player as well.

brazilianGOONER

Post by brazilianGOONER »

didn't The Dennis and thierry score their 100th very close one to the other? i think i remember something like that

Bring Back Pires

Post by Bring Back Pires »

brazilianGOONER wrote:didn't The Dennis and thierry score their 100th very close one to the other? i think i remember something like that
Yes, within 8 days of each other in January 2003.

Bergkamp scored his 100th at home to Oxford United on 04/01/03, and Henry reached that figure the next weekend away to Birmingham City on 12/01/03.

Henry also scored his 200th at St. Andrews, coincidentally.

Bring Back Pires

Post by Bring Back Pires »

RVP2 wrote:He then popped up in the home game v Southampton a few months later with an absolute beauty to either draw us level or win the game (can't remember it's too far back!!)
It was 2-2, and RVP equalised in injury time.

The match took place on 30/10/04, and was our first game after the Mike Riley 2-0 Arsenal match.

Edit: Back on topic, I hope RVP gets a DVD when he reaches the big 100. I know we take the piss out of Spuds for releasing DVDs at the drop of a hat (and rightly so), but I generally enjoy our player profile DVDs with all the goals back-to-back.

RoscommonGooner

Post by RoscommonGooner »

@ Arsenal 1991 :lol: :lol:
Bring Back Pires wrote:
Edit: Back on topic, I hope RVP gets a DVD when he reaches the big 100. I know we take the piss out of Spuds for releasing DVDs at the drop of a hat (and rightly so), but I generally enjoy our player profile DVDs with all the goals back-to-back.
I'd buy it :barscarf:

RVP2

Post by RVP2 »

Yeh 100 defo deserves a dvd. Youtube is great but quality is still pretty poor (understandably) on a lot of vids.

RVP2

Post by RVP2 »

Was just looking on amazon at Arsenal dvds. There is a box set called "Legends of Football Classic Arsenal Matches Box Set [DVD]" underneath it says "Customers buy this item with Manchester United Season Review 2010/11 [DVD] DVD £10.93"

Very helpful amazon!!

SammyDroppedHisShorts
Location: In front of the best fans on earth. The Arse and all.

Post by SammyDroppedHisShorts »

Are we gonna be seeing RvP scoring the two goals he needs tomorrow?

SammyDroppedHisShorts
Location: In front of the best fans on earth. The Arse and all.

Post by SammyDroppedHisShorts »

Thrilled to be there to witness it

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

SammyDroppedHisShorts wrote:Thrilled to be there to witness it
I still have my 'I was there when history was made' t-shirt from 1997 when Wrighty bagged his 179 goal Cliff Bastin record (like RvP, against Bolton at home).

One of my favourite memories that. Thought it'd stand for years and years... then Henry came along...

8) :lol:

Anyway, delighted for RvP!

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

I find it difficult to get excited by these personal milestones.

:?

Metalheadz Gooner

Post by Metalheadz Gooner »

Check Song's response to RVP's goal, just turns around and walks off head down.

If that had been another team the whole team would of mobbed him.

My point is, it's obvious to see we have shit team spirit in the side. I think we have the quality, it's just the never say die attitude and willingness to run through walls for each other which we lack.

Big up RVP though! :barscarf: