The 'R' word

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
SammyDroppedHisShorts
Location: In front of the best fans on earth. The Arse and all.

The 'R' word

Post by SammyDroppedHisShorts »

RELEGATION

YES RELEGATION

THE WORD IS A WORD WE ARE NOT USED TO WHEN TALKING OF ARSENAL....

BUT RELEGATION FOLKS IS A SERIOUS ISSUE...

Its the 125th birthday of our wonderful institution that is called Arsenal football club.

We have seen top flight football every year since 1919 and boast a proud history.

We have had hard times, no cups of note during the 60s
No title challenges from 53-70
No FA Cup wins from 50-71 and 79-93
Long periods of wilderness and some top flight battles notably during the mid 70s

But seriously never ever in my time as a gooner have i felt so low.....this is atrocious..

I had hardly anyone text me when we lost 8-2
I have today received 20 plus texts laughing at me from QPR, Chelsea, Spurs, Liverpool, Man Utd and even a Plymouth mate of mine....all taking the piss...

I go to work on Monday knowing every kid in my skool is gonna take the piss along with my teaching colleagues.

I had to sit and watch like all Gooners the worst crock of shit i have seen in blue and white amass THREE shots on goal and score four....

ONLY THIS CIRRENT ARSENAL TEAM CAN DO THIS....NO OTHER TEAM DOES IT

Since February and that joke final we have been basically appalling.....

WE ARE RELEGATION FODDER.....AND DONT COUNT AGAINST IT HAPPENING.

benglenton

Post by benglenton »

best "R" word can be
Refoundation
its time i think

Mr FINSBURY PARK GOONER

Post by Mr FINSBURY PARK GOONER »

I bet every single thing you have that we wont get relegated. Everything.

Your not going to take me up on this offer because you know deep deep down that were not.

frankbutcher

Post by frankbutcher »

Mr FINSBURY PARK GOONER wrote:I bet every single thing you have that we wont get relegated. Everything.

Your not going to take me up on this offer because you know deep deep down that were not.
Put your money where your mouth is.

worthing_gooner

Post by worthing_gooner »

Mr FINSBURY PARK GOONER wrote:I bet every single thing you have that we wont get relegated. Everything.

I wouldn't bet against it. We've conceded the highest goals total in the first five games of the league since Derby - and they were relegated. We've only won, what? four games since the final? That's definitely relegation form and I see nothing to suggest we can drag ourselves out of this mess.

Irish Gooner

Post by Irish Gooner »

For any newbies on here, Sammy is one of if not the most positive Gooner around here.

So when you see this, you know we are in the shit.... :cry:

SammyDroppedHisShorts

I know deep down we wont be relegated but

Cloughie had a Forest side too good to go down......

You cannot go to places like Blackburn, play one of the worst teams in Premiership history and lose 4 goals to 3 shots.....

Mr FINSBURY PARK GOONER

Post by Mr FINSBURY PARK GOONER »

frankbutcher wrote:

Ill happly take your money too.

tel

Post by tel »

We won't be relegated even if we are crap.

The only R word I want to hear involving our club is resignation.

armchair

Post by armchair »

We are in deep shit this season.

Maybe not relegation fodder (hopefully) but bottom half of the table
This is relegation form allright. A new manager would sort it.

SammyDroppedHisShorts

Irish

I will be eternally positive about this football club.

But what i see now is really not good viewing.
The fact we have conceded almost as many goals away in two matches as we did in the entire 90-91 league season and the 2003-04 league season says it all

we cannot defend and if you dont defend you dont win....

We score goals..only the top three have scored more....but the defence we have is just about the worst i have ever seen and it wont improve....even when the January window opens Wenger will sign....NO ONE

augie

Post by augie »

If we get relegated can we bring out a special jersey to commemorate the occasion ?? Please ? :roll: :oops: :oops:

frankbutcher

Post by frankbutcher »

Mr FINSBURY PARK GOONER wrote:
frankbutcher wrote:

Ill happly take your money too.
For being such a prick, I'll ofer you the opportunity to take the bet I offered to someone on here last week.....

£50 Arsenal don't finish in the top 6. I pay out if we finish top 6 and vice-versa.

Do you fancy it?

antgel

Post by antgel »

At the start of the season up until OT, it really crossed my mind. Why not? We were exactly one of the "too good to go down" type teams who look okay on paper but have no backbone.

But then I thought the signings weren't bad, overall, and I could see us battling for fourth.

Then there was today, however unlucky the OGs were, it was still a poor reaction to pressure.

So, on balance, I can't see us going down, but we are so fragile, anywhere from 5th to 16th is on the cards. Relegation? No. But flirting isn't unthinkable if we don't sort out the defence damn quickly.

SammyDroppedHisShorts

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger after his side's 4-3 defeat by Blackburn:

"We had so many chances in the game and on top of that we scored two own goals so it is unbelievable to understand, but we have to take it on the chin. At the moment defensively we are fragile because our confidence is gone due what happened at Old Trafford."