Are DD and Kronke making their move

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
delgooner

Are DD and Kronke making their move

Post by delgooner »

After reading all the papers this week and weekend, about all the players not signing their contracts and wanting to leave and La Boss not happy cos of DD's departure Im wondering if DD and Kronke have created this situation so that they can perhaps make a move for a takeover and force the old regime out during the summer so that there is no in-fighting going on when the new season begins. Has anybody heard anything. The papers are plugging for DD. Be interesting to know what you all think.

green gooner

Post by green gooner »

I hope your theory is correct as I honestly now believe the club needs a fresh approach.

Slum today reports that a number of interested Arabs are about to pounce. That would put DD out of the frame, or would it.........

Trevheff

Post by Trevheff »

Following David Dein's departure I understand that the remaining Board members all signed a water tight agreement that none of them would sell their shares for 12 months. So even if Kroenke got hold of DD's shares I don't think he'll be able to obtain enough to mount a takeover for at least a year.

Anyone know different?

Galasso

Post by Galasso »

That is apparently the case. But why 12 months, what is the point?

At the moment we are saddled with £250m+ of debt. If there was a takeover along the lines of ManU then the buyer would borrow against the club to take it over and we would still end up owing the same to Banks, finance and equity groups as we do now.

It comes down to who do we think is best to preserve The Arsenal. Who do we trust? What kind of structure would be in place? Where does Arsene Wenger fit in?

It is unfortunate that we are not real members of the club, ie have voting rights (and yes I know that we are listed on AIM but you have to have a fair packet tucked away to make any real difference!)

The most important thing for our stability is to keep Arsene Wenger.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

green gooner wrote:I hope your theory is correct as I honestly now believe the club needs a fresh approach.

We may well need a fresh approach if there are no signings of experienced, quality, senior players this summer but I don't think Silent Stan and DD are the way to go.

Just look at the state of affairs at ManUre re the Glazers. Take a look at this article on Eastlower (originally linked from Arseblog) to see what I mean;

http://eastlower.co.uk/?p=349

hope I linked that right... :? [/url]

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Yep, linked it right!! 8)

Should have added; make sure you read the Telegraph article by Jim White. There's a link in the Eastlower write up.

Looks like ManUre are getting a mighty fine old school ass raping off their new owners.

Which is nice. :lol:

green gooner

Post by green gooner »

Great article for sure! However, as much as I hate, hate, hate Fergie's outfit, they did win the Prem last season. Look how far we finished behind because when our big guns were out, we had no top class cover.

As much as I believe in the young guns long term, can we as a club afford to wait too long before we mount a serious bid for trophies?

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

green gooner wrote:Great article for sure! However, as much as I hate, hate, hate Fergie's outfit, they did win the Prem last season.
Granted. As much as I despise them too, I don't want to take anything away from the crunts because I believe the strongest and best team always wins the league (you can't fluke 38 games!!) but I think them winning the league so easily is more indicative of just how poor the chasing pack - us, chav$ki, the mousers - were last season, rather than a justification of the Glazer take over.

We are in the dreaded "transition period", the chav$' grinding, long ball rubbish has finally been found out by oppo defences and the mousers are just no where near good enough to seriously challenge for the title (Benitez is a great "cup manager" but he is too naive tactically to win the PL).

Unless we step up a gear next year ManUre will win the league almost by default again, soley because the rest are not good enough to put up a real challenge. Sad but true... :(

MK Gould

Post by MK Gould »

Very good sobering article.

The fact is that so many of these deals are going through at the moment, but there are only so many trophies to win. So the business plan can't be to make money by winning things - as this cannot be guaranteed. It can only revolve around screwing more money out of sponsorship, shirt sales, pre-season tours, TV &.....THE FANS! I'm fast coming to the conclusion that, long term, the Glazers, Kroneke, etc can only be bad news.

PS a Liverpool season ticket holder just wandered over for a chat & told me that their forums are rife with fans pressing the panic button because they aren't spending money! And thats having already been taken over & before they've even dug the foundations for their new ground!

Galasso

Post by Galasso »

There was an article on the BBC yesterday saying that ManU, whose season tickets are currently only valid for league games, will be adding on cup ties for the coming season (so they will be similar in nature to ours.)which means of course a significant hike in the season ticket price.

There has been much outpouring of anger and frustration from ManU fans, even leading them to set up one of their famous angry people websites.

I think this has cheered me up.....Yes, I can confirm I am officially cheered up. :D :D

green gooner

Post by green gooner »

I have cause to believe that a high ranking delegation from Arsenal will travel to Iceland next week in order to meet Stan on neutral ground.