When should the banner be unfurled

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

When should the banner be revealed

Sundeland game
74%
Chavs away
21%
Future home game
5%

Total votes: 61

franksav63
Location: Home - Whitechapel - Arsenal Block 6 - Twitter - @franksav63

Post by franksav63 »

armchair supporter wrote:
franksav63 wrote:
armchair supporter wrote:
franksav63 wrote:When the decision to reveal it is decided it shouldn't be announced on this forum beforehand due to arseholes off other forums taking note.
Thats what I dont understand.
Then how is anybody who wants to help going to know when to "defend it" as frankbutcher says?

Pleas forgive me if this is a silly question. I'm not in the clique you know. :oops:
PM on here, Twitter. there's plenty of ways of arranging it without advertising it in public.
I know but its already "out there" now?
Yes, but I think the information we give out on here should be scaled back some, you've got that idiot Iceman reporting back to the AFC forum like some kind of snitchy kid at school, when it does get unvieled we all need to meet up in a group, perhaps by block 6 at the bowl and go from there but communicate the meet up via PM or text messages.

SWLGooner
Location: Islington Town Hall, applauding the fourth place trophy.

Post by SWLGooner »

Looks like we will have 10 or so for Chelsea... That seems eminently feasible.

augie

Post by augie »

Firstly can I point out that I am no longer a Club Level snob but am a season ticket holder in the north bank lower tier 8) :barscarf: :lol:

Secondly, and this is only a suggestion, but if some of ye have the contacts in the media then why not use them in other ways ? For starters email them a copy of the email sent out by the club prohibiting the display of the banner and push the communist attitude of the club. Secondly can a load of ye meet up before hand to display the banner outside the ground maybe at the directors entrance ? Tip the media off about the gathering and again let them know that the club have stopped you bringing it in and maybe they will have a cameraman taking a few pics of ye displaying the banner outside instead.

Anyway just a suggestion or two as I said and they might be fcuk all use but for me if displaying it inside the ground is not gonna happen this weekend then something else needs to be done instead

SWLGooner
Location: Islington Town Hall, applauding the fourth place trophy.

Post by SWLGooner »

Anyone up for maybe displaying it pre SAFC please give me a shout. Maybe outside the ground somewhere? Armoury obv not on as it's the anniversary of the Bear's death, but somewhere else maybe...

SurreyGooner

Post by SurreyGooner »

SWLGooner wrote:Anyone up for maybe displaying it pre SAFC please give me a shout. Maybe outside the ground somewhere? Armoury obv not on as it's the anniversary of the Bear's death, but somewhere else maybe...
Definitely up for that. Give me a shout if needed

Dan_85

Post by Dan_85 »

augie wrote:push the communist attitude of the club.
On this point again, might be worth dropping an email to Amanda Jacks at FSF ([email protected]), she's their in-house lawyer & offers legal advice to fans on civil rights, policing, arrests etc.

Explain the situation to her, that your banner is not offensive, meets all the fire/safety requirements of the stadium yet the club are not allowing you to display it. I'd be interested in what she has to say about whether they can legally prevent you showing it. Would also make AFC sweat a bit, a public PR disaster is right up there on the list of things they really don't want.

That e-mail they sent you really is the biggest load of bullshit i've read in ages, still winds me up just thinking about it. *word censored*.

Lethal

Post by Lethal »

Definately Chelsea.Would make a much more powerful statement if we could keep it up in front of the Sky cameras for more then 20 seconds !

northbankbren

Post by northbankbren »

bottle jobs....the lot of ya.

:wink:

cameron326

Post by cameron326 »

That email from the club is a disgrace, and I think everyone should be able to agree on that regardless of how you feel about Wenger.
What next, getting kicked out for shouting or booing a player?
Being banned for commenting negatively on a certain player in a match report?
Being kicked out for not cheering loudly enough when we score a goal or joining in the One Arsene Wenger chant?

The people currently in charge are a disgrace to the history of Arsenal. Hopefully next year they'll all desert like rats from a sinking ship when attendances start falling below 50,000 (Stoke and Sunderland on have been on general sale for the past fortnight and STILL have not sold out - just see how bad it gets next season.)

cameron326

Post by cameron326 »

That email from the club is a disgrace, and I think everyone should be able to agree on that regardless of how you feel about Wenger.
What next, getting kicked out for shouting or booing a player?
Being banned for commenting negatively on a certain player in a match report?
Being kicked out for not cheering loudly enough when we score a goal or joining in the One Arsene Wenger chant?

The people currently in charge are a disgrace to the history of Arsenal. Hopefully next year they'll all desert like rats from a sinking ship when attendances start falling below 50,000 (Stoke and Sunderland on have been on general sale for the past fortnight and STILL have not sold out - just see how bad it gets next season.)

benglenton

Post by benglenton »

if i were you i'd say
get that bloody camera off my banner :lol:

benglenton

Post by benglenton »

if i were you i'd say
get that bloody camera off my banner :lol:

Red Member

Post by Red Member »

Kroenke must be loving all this.

all the focus on getting Wenger out whilst he just sits back making all the profits made from all the mugs who have given him £1,000 for their season tickets.
And of course therefore he will keep Wenger as manager as long as he wants.

Kroenke OUT
Usmanov IN

safcftm

Post by safcftm »

Have I missed something? Whats this email that people are on about? Havent seen it posted anywhere (maybe it hasnt been posted right enough!)

EDIT: just seen it, what a fucking disgrace
Last edited by safcftm on Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

rigsby

Post by rigsby »

Chelsea game would have impact and also the stewards there wont take it away. Tbh its a fucking disgrace what the club is doing with sending you an e-mail.