Marseille away - Match and Travel Thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Just to add the match was boring with few chances, we looked defensively solid and ended 1-0 to us, very rare to see in modern day Arsenal. Give me that any day over an 'exciting' 5-4 Sunday League type game.

Babatunde

Post by Babatunde »

kiwomya wrote:
Babatunde wrote:
brazilianGOONER wrote:
Babatunde wrote: Arteta is a Spanish Denilson (oooh but check his stats!)
:lol: :lol: :lol:

i can't understand how people wanted usmartin out of this forum because of the shit he wrote but they're ok with babatunde :lol: :lol:
Oh what. I should be banned because I think Arteta is rubbisPiss off you nobend....God you chat shit...

It's my right to think Arteta is shite. He offers nothing going forward, passes sideways endlessly, his set-piece delivery (the thing he is supposed to be good at) has been shocking. He truly is Europa League level, that's why he spent years at Everton and no one serious wanted him! If you can't hack that opinion, feel free to use those hands of yours to go fuck yourself.

:shock:
Yawn. Here we go again. A player can only be deemed good if others want to sign him.
Yeah Arteta musta slipped under the radar of teams desperate for a midfield maestro (e.g. Man United), after all it's not as if he's been in our league for long or anything. Ha ha youn clown.

Arteta is a good enough sub for a club like Arsenal or a starter for FA Cup matches. He wouldn't get a game at Man United, Chelski, Liverpool or Spuds FFS....Now now, Arsene's wearing those suspenders, time to get back in the bedroom....
:roll:

Gooner Gus

Post by Gooner Gus »

Red Member wrote:Babatunde

thats strange

are you aware that both Chelsea and Man Utd went to Marseille last season and both failed to win :roll:

and this is the same Marseille side that in their last CL game beat Dortmund, curently 3rd in the Bundesliga 3-0
The same Marseille that are currently 15th with 1 win out of 10 in the league. And the same Arsenal the beat Barcalona last season.

your stats are always stupid and pointless. you could go on forever with your ways of proving a silly point.

dont get me wrong im over the moon with the result but dont try and cover up the fact we were still very poor. CL away or not, its still the same show as being at home to swansea and sunderland, just admittedly looked a little tighter at the back, and a bit of luck for a change.

let people have their views, positive or not

donaldo

Post by donaldo »

thats strange

are you aware that both Chelsea and Man Utd went to Marseille last season and both failed to win :roll:

and this is the same Marseille side that in their last CL game beat Dortmund, curently 3rd in the Bundesliga 3-0
What the fuck does that mean.We beat Barcelona but they doesnt make us better than them.Stop looking at individual results and look at the whole picture

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

donaldo wrote:

thats strange

What the fuck does that mean.We beat Barcelona but they doesnt make us better than them.Stop looking at individual results and look at the whole picture
It's ok mate...by thos guy's logic, Norwich are better than us, due to their vastly superior perfomance at Old Trafford, and they scored more goals against Swansea.

Shit, it's all true :cry: :cry:

Babatunde

Post by Babatunde »

arseofacrow wrote:
donaldo wrote:

thats strange

It's ok mate...by thos guy's logic, Norwich are better than us, due to their vastly superior perfomance at Old Trafford, and they scored more goals against Swansea.

Shit, it's all true :cry: :cry:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Red Member

Post by Red Member »

Im quite happy looking at the big picture too

we are top of our CL group :D

Babatunde

Post by Babatunde »

Red Member wrote:Im quite happy looking at the big picture too

we are top of our CL group :D
Ferme ta chatte enfoire.

franksav63
Location: Home - Whitechapel - Arsenal Block 6 - Twitter - @franksav63

Post by franksav63 »

A good win, but let's not kid ourselves here, I don't care whether Marseille won their last game 3-0 against Dortmund and managed to stay unbeaten against the Chavs and Manure in recent seasons, they are utter shit and if we had drawn that game last night it would have been a travesty as they were there for the taking for all of the second half.

Against stronger teams we will be punished and we can count ourselves lucky that recently we've had a string of games in succession against shittier sides than us.

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

There were some positives to be taken from last night, but it shouldn't be under estimated just how poor Marseille are.
9 points from 10 games in the french league, they are a team not only worse than us on paper but also actually performing worse than us on the pitch.
Still it allowed Wenger to regurgitate some of his old phrases, about the team getting stronger bla bla bla, now when did I hear that before? :? Oh I remember I've been listening to it for the last 6 years :roll:

Babatunde

Post by Babatunde »

Sid....good thing as Pleb Member points out that we are on such an outstanding run. Arsene and Gazidis will be keen for that to be pointed out ad nauseum at next Thursday's AGM....

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

Babatunde wrote:Sid....good thing as Pleb Member points out that we are on such an outstanding run. Arsene and Gazidis will be keen for that to be pointed out ad nauseum at next Thursday's AGM....
Surprised he hasn't decided it would be a good time to take questions, given he bottled out of the last opportunity, when he was under pressure.

LyusN1

Post by LyusN1 »

Just remembered my French exchange student from when I was 12 was from Marseille. It may have taken ten years but I now somehow feel like I got you back. Take that, Morgane.

You awful, rude, nasty twat. :barscarf: :oops:

Deise Gooner

Post by Deise Gooner »

What was with the huge Come On You Irons West Ham banner in their end :?

Dan_85

Post by Dan_85 »

Deise Gooner wrote:What was with the huge Come On You Irons West Ham banner in their end :?
Obviously an attempt to wind up/piss us off. I'm guessing they didn't bother to do their research on the NLD :lol:

Cracking atmosphere though.