Wenger to take on Dein’s role in 12 months time? (14/6)

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
gooner.ed
Site Admin

Wenger to take on Dein’s role in 12 months time? (14/6)

Post by gooner.ed »

usual thread starter... interesting idea. but i really think arsene will either continue as he is or leave altogether. and if it were to happen, coach would have to be an arsene protege - probably one of his ex-players that wants to become a coach. think adams would be unlikely due to the perceived fall out with arsenal. remi garde? real glamour eh? no name coach of substance would accept working under arsene would they? it would be like man utd when matt busby called time

steele7

Post by steele7 »

that story sums up EXACTLY what I was thinking yesterday.

Al

Post by Al »

I hope it's the move that Wenger makes when it is time for him to give up the manager's job, whether that's next year or some other time. I'd hate to see him just walk away from the club.

If there was a transition period, it would allow us to bring in a less experienced manager, such as Tony Adams, or promote from within (Pat Rice, Steve Bould,...). AW could retain some day to day involvement for maybe one season, while gromming his understudy, before moving more fully upstairs.

Some managers have found it difficult to work with the ex-manager as Director of Football, but maybe the arrangement could work with someone like Tony Adams, who has played under AW and where there appears to be a lot of mutual respect.

SPUDMASHER

Post by SPUDMASHER »

I cannot see this happening in the near future, although I do think that he may 'go upstairs' at some point. I think that the reasons AW has not rushed to appoint a new director of football are obvious:-
Firstly, AW never rushes to do anything. If he is appointing A N Other then he will do so when he is ready and not until, and secondly, he is waiting for what I suspect will be the return of Big Dave D in the not too distant future.
:idea:

Sammy Mooner

Post by Sammy Mooner »

I reckon Wenger would make an even better Chairman. Maybe Arsene hasn't appointed anyone yet because he knows that DD is going to make a spectacular return. They are after all still mates so you can bet your arse the still keep in touch.

Hill Wood has less than 1% of the shares and is a nominal Chairman at best, Fiszman is now a tax exile in Switzerland, Lady Nina is a new girl who doesn't know a thing about football and there is no-one else on the board with any idea about the beautiful game. Without Dein we are a rudderless ship and if Wenger goes we don't even have a pilot to steer the f*cking ship! :( :( :(