ONE-MAN TEAM

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Babatunde

ONE-MAN TEAM

Post by Babatunde »

Yet again, another game where RVP does not score, and yet against Arsenal are toothless. Who can honestly argue against the one-man team label Arsenal have now been tagged with?

Some of the 'performances' today were a downright disgrace. It was back to arrogant Arsenal. That's the problem at this club, win a few matches and some fans start whacking off, thinking it's jubilee time. Because a few plaudits have come the team's way of late, it was cigar and slippers again. The lack of workrate tonight was an absolute fucking Disgrace.

I will yet again, challenge Anybody to tell me what the point of that £10 million waste of space Mikel Arteta was. Danny Murphy created more in his time on the pitch, it's a joke. The one thing Arteta apparently can do - set-pieces - were pathetic. I said it before and will say it again: Arsenal lack a conductor, and we were given a cash till assistant.

Alex Thong? Oh wow, nice skillz against Dortmund so now he doesn't have to defen, tackle or do anything. Take the month off mate. Aaron Ramsey, another guy who has done fuck all ALL season bar score a goal at Marseille. Utter tosh. Where has he been? Hid at Old Trafford, hides every time the pressure is on. Won't even mention Diaby and the standard 'try beat 6 men when there's a teamate free'.

Can't be arsed to go on, except to say, all the jokers who were creaming themselves because of an 'Arsenal revival' (lol) have been given another reminder, as Spuds pull further away. That's what happens. A few fans get giddy and the players think 'job done' and Wenger thinks 'pressure off'. And then it's back to arrogant performances like that.

It took 87 minutes for Arsenal to start pressing tonight. 87 minutes. Pathetic.

mcdowell42

Re: ONE-MAN TEAM

Post by mcdowell42 »

Babatunde wrote:Yet again, another game where RVP does not score, and yet against Arsenal are toothless. Who can honestly argue against the one-man team label Arsenal have now been tagged with?

Some of the 'performances' today were a downright disgrace. It was back to arrogant Arsenal. That's the problem at this club, win a few matches and some fans start whacking off, thinking it's jubilee time. Because a few plaudits have come the team's way of late, it was cigar and slippers again. The lack of workrate tonight was an absolute fucking Disgrace.

I will yet again, challenge Anybody to tell me what the point of that £10 million waste of space Mikel Arteta was. Danny Murphy created more in his time on the pitch, it's a joke. The one thing Arteta apparently can do - set-pieces - were pathetic. I said it before and will say it again: Arsenal lack a conductor, and we were given a cash till assistant.

Alex Thong? Oh wow, nice skillz against Dortmund so now he doesn't have to defen, tackle or do anything. Take the month off mate. Aaron Ramsey, another guy who has done fuck all ALL season bar score a goal at Marseille. Utter tosh. Where has he been? Hid at Old Trafford, hides every time the pressure is on. Won't even mention Diaby and the standard 'try beat 6 men when there's a teamate free'.

Can't be arsed to go on, except to say, all the jokers who were creaming themselves because of an 'Arsenal revival' (lol) have been given another reminder, as Spuds pull further away. That's what happens. A few fans get giddy and the players think 'job done' and Wenger thinks 'pressure off'. And then it's back to arrogant performances like that.

It took 87 minutes for Arsenal to start pressing tonight. 87 minutes. Pathetic.

Is that a promise

Natural Born Gooner

Post by Natural Born Gooner »

:sleep_keyboard:

Babatunde

Post by Babatunde »

Every time you're made to look a pleb McDowell, your anus starts to contritely come out with more shite. Apparently no one could criticise Arsenal if they win. Well we didn't win tonight, and our attitude was appalling. So shut the f*** up, and let me vent. Tonight, you get to take your Arsene duvet and hide under the staircase...

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Babatunde wrote:Every time you're made to look a pleb McDowell, your anus starts to contritely come out with more shite. Apparently no one could criticise Arsenal if they win. Well we didn't win tonight, and our attitude was appalling. So shut the f*** up, and let me vent. Tonight, you get to take your Arsene duvet and hide under the staircase...
Getting that duvet off santa for xmas .Cant wait.I hope i havent touched a nerve baba you seem highly strung.On a serious note people are entitled to criticise and yes today was a dire terrible performance arteta and arshavin were disgraceful,but you got to roll with the punches im pretty sure we will have alot more games this season which will be worse.Im not stupid enough to think this squad is strong enough its quite clear it isnt and i think its time for wenger to move on but you must know thats clearly not going to happen.

PS I live in a bungalow(no stairs) :lol:

Rosie_titters

Post by Rosie_titters »

there are zappers and sappers in this world

Babs your deffo a sapper, :lol: i pity if you have any kids, i bet there in for a great christmas

:lol:

Watson

Post by Watson »

:popcorn:

worthing_gooner

Post by worthing_gooner »

We're not a one man team, we're an average team with one world class player.

Barriecuda

Post by Barriecuda »

I can't take you seriously when you say Aaron Ramsey has been poor this season.

Rosie_titters

Post by Rosie_titters »

worthing_gooner wrote:We're not a one man team, we're an average team with one world class player.
two world class players - vermaelen is class and would get in any PL team

worthing_gooner

Post by worthing_gooner »

Rosie_titters wrote:
worthing_gooner wrote:We're not a one man team, we're an average team with one world class player.
Yeah fair enough. Two players carrying an average team.

Rosie_titters

Post by Rosie_titters »

worthing_gooner wrote:
Rosie_titters wrote:
Yeah fair enough. Two players carrying an average team.

yep can't argue with that, hopefully 3 when Jack comes back

Gunnersaurus

Post by Gunnersaurus »

Can someone sum up this post in 4 sentences? Been to work and then to the game and the brain can't take an essay.

Gunnersaurus

Post by Gunnersaurus »

Barriecuda wrote:I can't take you seriously when you say Aaron Ramsey has been poor this season.
He has.

Barriecuda

Post by Barriecuda »

Gunnersaurus wrote:
Barriecuda wrote:I can't take you seriously when you say Aaron Ramsey has been poor this season.
He has.
Are you both high? The kid is what, 19, and has been slotted into a starting role on a top club. He's been making great passes, finding space, and starting half our counter attacks going almost box to box. He had a composed finish against Marseille and has looked energetic in almost every game this year, with the exception of a couple notable bad games against Sp*rs and United early on. He missed a couple today and now he's "been poor this season". Get off of it.