The Wenger Quote Thread.

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

SteveO 35 wrote:I have a couple of quotes for you instead Mr Wenger. Try these from James Olley's match report in tonight's London Evening Standard:

"Only QPR and Bolton have been beaten more often on their travels this season"

"....while the 25 goals Arsenal have conceded in 11 away games is the worst defensive record in the division"

Heres a few more interesting things

arsenal lost after leading for the 3rd time this season in the PL.Only wba have lost as many after being ahead.

Exactly 9 years ago arsenal led the PL and swansea were bottom of division 3,englands4th tier :oops:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Percy Dalton wrote:Wenger - Arshavin still an efficient player

"If you look at his numbers you are always surprised at how good he is. Sometimes the visual impression you get from a game has been frustrating, but he is very efficient. "

:roll:
Thank you, Percy. 8) If ever a quote has absolutely justified my hatred of arseholes that quote stats, then this is the one.

Arshavin. Efficient? EFFICIENT?? Fuck me, that's like saying Jordan is intelligent. Or NOT a pox-riddled cum guzzling mong slag with a cúnt that you could smell from two miles away. :evil:

Dan_85

Post by Dan_85 »

Red Member is Wenger! From today's press conference...
Arsenal.com @Arsenal 2m
Wenger: "The game of that week was not Man Utd, but Udinese to qualify for the Champions League." - http://www.arsenal.com/digest
:coffeespit:

brazilianGOONER

Post by brazilianGOONER »

Wenger: "We have a big, good squad and when everyone's available, we can compete with everyone."
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

augie

Post by augie »

Dan_85 wrote:Red Member is Wenger! From today's press conference...
Arsenal.com @Arsenal 2m
Wenger: "The game of that week was not Man Utd, but Udinese to qualify for the Champions League." - http://www.arsenal.com/digest

He said that ?? Seriously ?? :shock: :shock: I know that he is a deluded old *word censored* and he has some out with some bullshit statements in his time but that is in a different galaxy altogether :oops: :oops: :oops:
God we really need somebody with real football knowledge running the club who would react with real disgust and shock over a remark like that dismissing the biggest defeat in the clubs history as irrelevent :evil: :evil: :evil:

worthing_gooner

Post by worthing_gooner »

Arsenal.com @Arsenal 2m
This is what really makes me fucking angry. A lot of people spent a lot of money and took a lot of time to travel up to OT to support the team that day. To write it off as basically unimportant which is what Wenger is doing there is unacceptable. It may not be important to Wenger, but for the normal fans who have to go to work and face the flack and embarrassment the next day it is fucking important.

You could send a conference side ot OT and they wouldn't lose 8-2. It's embarrasing. This season for the first time ever, I'm embarrassed to be an arsenal fan.

Dan_85

Post by Dan_85 »

augie wrote:
Arsenal.com @Arsenal 2m

He said that ?? Seriously ?? :shock: :shock: I know that he is a deluded old c**t and he has some out with some bullshit statements in his time but that is in a different galaxy altogether :oops: :oops: :oops:
God we really need somebody with real football knowledge running the club who would react with real disgust and shock over a remark like that dismissing the biggest defeat in the clubs history as irrelevent :evil: :evil: :evil:
Can you imagine the manager of any other top club flippantly dismissing your biggest defeat in over a century as irrelevant because we got past the CL qualifying round a few days earlier?! Unbelievable.

brazilianGOONER

it's unbelievable really. the man is doing everything he can to make me lose all the respect i have towards him :(

Boomer

Post by Boomer »

He started that quote with this:
Wenger: "Big scores have no meaning. If you beat a team with a big score in the same league it is accidental."
Which totally explains why we're only scrapping wins and Utd dicked us 8-2! There I was thinking it was because we're shit! :roll:

:banghead: :banghead: :roll: :roll: :evil: :evil:

selsdon

Post by selsdon »

"I have seen the 8-2 again - you have to face reality but it was under special circumstances," said Wenger.

"Nobody is too keen to dwell on that result. We want to look forward and show what we are really made of.

"That's why these kinds of games are an opportunity to show we have moved on.

"It was an accident on the day but we are now in a position where we want to get points and it is important that we keep the belief high.

"We must focus on giving absolutely everything on Sunday and that we win our game.

"When we have everybody available we are a strong force in this league. That's why it is important that we fight hard not to drop many points and show that when we have everybody back.

"We are playing at the moment without Wilshere, Arteta, Diaby Vermaelen, Sagna - we just have too many regular players out.

"For us, more than buying players, it is important to get our players back."

Seven fuckin years of this shit

brazilianGOONER

selsdon wrote: "We are playing at the moment without Wilshere, Arteta, Diaby Vermaelen, Sagna - we just have too many regular players out.
:coffeespit: :coffeespit: :coffeespit: :coffeespit:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

brazilianGOONER wrote:it's unbelievable really. the man is doing everything he can to make me lose all the respect i have towards him :(
You still have some?

selsdon

Post by selsdon »

"I've been a manager for 30 years and have made 50,000 substitutions. I don't have to justify every one"

A total and utter :awnker:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

selsdon

Post by selsdon »

"We have produced more players in the last 15 years than all of the top clubs in Europe put together"

Stop being a *word censored* Arsene fuck sake.