Reyes, will he be any good for us now?

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DanielD

Reyes, will he be any good for us now?

Post by DanielD »

Reyes just keep saying he wants to "to stay at Madrid", but let's just say he will come back to the team, will he be any good?
He might give us more goals than Rosicky and Hleb, but do we want players who dosen't want to play for us?

One more point. Reyes was the main reason (2 goals and an assist) of Real Madrid winning their last match in the thriller againt Mallorca and you get the sense they'll want to keep him. should we ask for an exchange deal or just double figures bid?

T.S

Post by T.S »

No to players not wanting to play for us and I doubt we'll get a bid over £8million from anyone.

demzy

Post by demzy »

Reyes is a good player and i like him, but as far im concerned who ever doesnt wanna play for us (whether its reyes, henry or whoever) then they shouldnt.
Most likely to be cash for him, but i would love to see a swap with robinho. young, exciting player who wenger wanted before he became a galactico.

Gunnerz4life

Post by Gunnerz4life »

An unhappy player is as good as no player. Money will be the best option cause i dont think Real has any player that would interest us. And Robinho is overrated.

DanielD

Post by DanielD »

I fancy Robinho to be brilliant for us, if he'll be able to settle to the english game, he might just be the scoring machine we so desperatly need on the wing.

Chopper

Post by Chopper »

The good thing about his goals is it may add an extra bit on to his fee.

Robinho is good but, Baptista looked useful before he came and look how that turned out! Could work but am just a bit cautious.

There are many in spain i would like to see us sign but Robinho is not near the top although would welcome him if he came.

Rad

Post by Rad »

No, "because the shops close at 5 o'clock" !

the_gooner89

Post by the_gooner89 »

As he doesnt want to play for us, No there wouldnt be any point f him coming back, and i know and am 100% sure he wont be returning.But I do think reyes had the pace and flair that suits arsenal going forward. i think he would be amazing on the left for us with babel on the right. What do you think?

Rik

Rad

Post by Rad »

I think he's got what it takes but his relationship with Henry was diabolical ( and I can't say it was Reyes' fault). Henry seemed to show him total disdain. I don't know if it was anything to do with the Aragones racist issue or not, but those two did not hit it off. If he was to come back(which I think is almost impossible) then Henry would be an unhappy bunny (again).

green gooner

Post by green gooner »

Le Sulk unhappy :?: surely not :!:

Reyes can feck off the whinging wee poof :x

Drone

He is a chick.

Post by Drone »

He si good but he is a chicken, how can someone say so bad words about a team that teach him how to play football. PS (Only Arsenal way of playing si for me Football). Money or trade him with Torrez from A>M> and maybe ad some money.
About Robinho, he is good for Spain, but Englan he is week as was Baptista, the way he plays is slow and has not anough power to adapt are game, remember how easy Eboue stoped him last year. PS (Even if Ebue can't defend). Torrez may be the golden good from Reyes, if A.M. agree.

tenementfunster5

Post by tenementfunster5 »

I never thought Reyes was as bad as people made out. He got alot of bad press in my opinion. There were times when he looked massively outmuscled but when he was on it he was mustard. Think Charlton at home when TH scored his backheel. I wouldn't be too unhappy to see him back as long as Wenger could get his head right. (Not an easy task one suspects)

U.F.G Anfield '89

Post by U.F.G Anfield '89 »

I always liked reyes and when he was on his game he was a really exceptional player, but he never settled in at arsenal and i think that he would be better off at madrid. I personally think we should just get good money for him. Personally I wish him well at Real, after all he was responsible for making that bucktoothed tw*t ronaldinho weep like a little girl.

tenementfunster5

Post by tenementfunster5 »

Apparently there are 3 clubs looking at Reyes so hopefully they'll start a bidding war and we'll get a decent sum of money.