Gareth Bale - Confirmed Diver

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
psychoangus

Gareth Bale - Confirmed Diver

Post by psychoangus »

Interesting definition of the foul rule:

"I don't dive. It's just the speed at which I'm running and, if someone tries to clobber me, I'm not going to let them, am I? I'm not taking a stud in my shin for the sake of it, so I jump out of the way. It's still a foul. They've still illegally stopped me running and not touched the ball. The intent is there, so you don't need the contact."

Only if they've gone in studs up or two-footed, otherwise you just fucking dived.

It's c*nts like this that make lose interest in football more and more each season.

I Hate Hleb

Re: Gareth Bale - Confirmed Diver

Post by I Hate Hleb »

psychoangus wrote:Interesting definition of the foul rule:

"I don't dive. It's just the speed at which I'm running and, if someone tries to clobber me, I'm not going to let them, am I? I'm not taking a stud in my shin for the sake of it, so I jump out of the way. It's still a foul. They've still illegally stopped me running and not touched the ball. The intent is there, so you don't need the contact."

Only if they've gone in studs up or two-footed, otherwise you just ******* dived.

It's c*nts like this that make lose interest in football more and more each season.
Isn't that the reason for wearing shin-pads? :? :rubchin: :rubchin: :roll:

psychoangus

Post by psychoangus »

Basically he's re-written the rules.

He says that if a defender comes in with a challenge, you can jump the challenge and still claim a foul on the presumption that there would've been contact had you left your foot there.

It's total b*llocks and this warping of the rules needs to be addressed by the FA f*cking harshly.

Every high profile game has some sort of match-defining dodgy penalty appeal somewhere in the game and 9 out of 10 times they're given.

Video replays on penalty decisions are my vote, it needs to happen.

North-Bank-1987

Post by North-Bank-1987 »

If theres no contact, as a forward you have 2 options........ Stay on your feet, be a man and try and take an oportunity. Alternativly dive on the floor like a pussy, try and con the ref, and make yourself look like a fool for millions to see.
:idea:
Why don't they they start issuing atomatic 3 match ban if your caught trying to decieve a ref? Look at Drogba v Napoli pretended to have a face injury, opening his eyes whilst on the floor......... Now you don't have to be a phychiatrist to know that he's a cheating c**t that was faking it, I will seriously give him a slap if ever i walk past him :wink:

psychoangus

Post by psychoangus »

Most of the time if they stayed on their feet they'd find themselves round the keeper with an open net.

Fu*cking tossers.

Bendtners Drinking Buddy

Post by Bendtners Drinking Buddy »

But he is the best player in the premiership by a long way remember

:lol:

I fecking love him, his dive fired up Arsenal to smash the shit out of Tottenham, how ironic if that moment proves to be the moment that turned both clubs seasons......given the rubbish we have had to endure from the media, from them, their scummy pathetic fans.......it will be very, very sweet if we can do it.

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

"I jump out the way, but the intent is there".

8) good lord, if that came out of Suarez or Drogba's mouth there'd be media uproar. fcuk him I say

Bendtners Drinking Buddy

Post by Bendtners Drinking Buddy »

Henry Norris 1913 wrote:"I jump out the way, but the intent is there".

8) good lord, if that came out of Suarez or Drogba's mouth there'd be media uproar. **** him I say
See drogba go down midweek? with the open of the eyes just to check? The "silly Sausage" :wink: should be banned for three games, almost as bad as rivaldo in 2002...ITV of course loved the "cheeky chappy"

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

Bendtners Drinking Buddy wrote:
Henry Norris 1913 wrote:"I jump out the way, but the intent is there".

8) good lord, if that came out of Suarez or Drogba's mouth there'd be media uproar. **** him I say
See drogba go down midweek? with the open of the eyes just to check? The "silly Sausage" :wink: should be banned for three games, almost as bad as rivaldo in 2002...ITV of course loved the "cheeky chappy"
oh, drogba's antics, a lovable scamp :lol:

ok, if it came out of an Arsenal players' mouth

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Cheating diving :censored: and if he played for Arsenal or was foreign he would be hounded by the British press/Sky/Talkshite etc

diggerdan

Post by diggerdan »

Funny how since the Media "witch hunt" following Eduardo's fall against Celtic a few years ago ..the media now skate around this issue as good old Brits now dive .. including the prolific spring board champ Rooney ! the darling of the media !

there is only one answer trail by video and if no contact (weather a foul has been given or not and inside outside the area) .. 1 game ban for 1st offence ... 3 game ban for 2nd offence... 9 game ban for third offence... season ban for 4th offence ..life ban for 5th offence...

result no more diving

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

diggerdan wrote:Funny how since the Media "witch hunt" following Eduardo's fall against Celtic a few years ago ..the media now skate around this issue as good old Brits now dive .. including the prolific spring board champ Rooney ! the darling of the media !

there is only one answer trail by video and if no contact (weather a foul has been given or not and inside outside the area) .. 1 game ban for 1st offence ... 3 game ban for 2nd offence... 9 game ban for third offence... season ban for 4th offence ..life ban for 5th offence...

result no more diving
I would like the ref to be able to review the match before sending in his match report and if he decides that player B has dived and basically conned him and cheated for a penalty (or to get an opponent sent off etc - Barton !) then the Ref should be able to "send him off" after the match which would incurr say a 5 game ban for Ist offence and higher for any subsequent incidents to try and get rid of the acting and cheating that is nowadays prevalent in the game.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Stupid, Scum twat. What has this pr1ck ever achieved in the game? Shut the fuck up, you're a nobody.

nexum5me

Post by nexum5me »

it really fucks me off that rooney has carte blanche to dive whenever he likes with no media comeback at all! he's probably dived for more pens than drogba, pires (who dived for at most 2 but is seen almost the benchmark for foreign cheats) and even klinsmann put together.

in fact while i'm on the subject of pires, in the VERY NEXT GAME after that pompey dive, we drew 1-1 with aston villa, and their goal cam curtesy of a very blatant dive for a pen to level the scores... so basically exactly the same situation. did the media care? did they fuck. it just goes to show that i can't even remember the name of the player who did it yet i bet everyone you ask will know who dived against portsmouth to give arsenal their pen.

grr!

RioGooner

Post by RioGooner »

What a pathetic claim to just say you are too fast and has to jump beforehand, divers should be getting long bans, but the FA isn't really interested in punishing british players...