Barcelona are sh1t

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Barriecuda

Re: Barcelona are sh1t

Post by Barriecuda »

Quite likely the best club team ever assembled. They played a virtual unknown up front today and it made little difference. They coulda beat Milan by about four or five today. Messi is the best player of all time, without exaggeration.

The only thing that detracts from them is their self-righteous mega-c*nt attitude off the field (particularly when dealing with transfer negotiations and UEFA favoritism) and their constant diving and rolling around (the worst of which is Alves).

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

donaldo wrote:How can you not like watching the greatest club side ever.You probably think the Brazil 70 and Holland team of 74 were overated.They werent great tonight but still could have scored 6.And they didnt play with a CF tonight

Barca only know one way of playing attack attack attack.The final last year when they took apart utd was a masterclass.

Wenger tries to play like Barca but we cant even pass the ball like Swansea.

Go and watch Stoke and Liverpool Flash
Dont know why but after this post i feel the need to apologise :?

Having not been old enough to see the Brazil and Holland teams of the early 70's i cant really comment on them but i do know what i find exciting or boring. There were times tonight that 2 Barca players tapped the ball back and forth 5-10 times within a 2 yard area. WHY? The football we played in the 2004 season was breathtaking fast, direct, (in a non Wimbledon way) and super attacking but not one unneeded pass. Yeah we werent a patch on this Barca team but whatever team was playing that style of football (except sp*rs or the victims) i would have enjoyed it, this Barca style i cant enjoy it. Its like chess but even slower moving the ball about from side to fucking side - back and forth - up and down for minutes at a time until they create an opening as i said i just cant enjoy it :? ...... Still hope they stuff the Chavs though

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

They are dirty but they are superbly skillful, with great movement off the ball.

Honestly I now rate Messi up there with Pele, Cruyff, Maradonna and Brazilian Ronaldo as an all time legend.

LDB
Location: Having a cup of tea and waiting for all this to blow over

Post by LDB »

I still to this day think there was something fishy about the way Van Persie was sent off against them last year. You could play that incident a hundred times in a hundred separate matches and I would be surprised if any referee would come to the conclusion that he should be given a second yellow for that. It just would not happen, I've never known anything like it and coming as it did (just after we'd equalised and began to get a footing in the game) its all just a bit too much for me to swallow as innocent.

I'm winding myself up now but basically, let me tell you where I stand:

They're *word censored*, I don't watch any of their matches and i hope the nou camp burns to the ground.

Babatunde

Post by Babatunde »

LDB wrote:I still to this day think there was something fishy about the way Van Persie was sent off against them last year. You could play that incident a hundred times in a hundred separate matches and I would be surprised if any referee would come to the conclusion that he should be given a second yellow for that. It just would not happen, I've never known anything like it and coming as it did (just after we'd equalised and began to get a footing in the game) its all just a bit too much for me to swallow as innocent.

They're *word censored*, I don't watch any of their matches and i hope the nou camp burns to the ground.
Errrm....Arsenal produced ZERO shots on goal in that game. That's on or off target. A new CL record.
Yep, I reckon they were bricking it that we might 'get a foothold' in that game LOL....
:oops:

Barca are fantastic, and Guardiola in two years only proved he is a better manager than Wenger will ever be.
Apparently according to the AKBs, footie is all about who has most money. Strange, since Real are the richest club in the world, and Citeh are even richer than both but yet, Barca and Guardiola just keep winning time after time.
FIVE consecutive CL semi-finals that is phenomenal consistency.

Xavi. Messi. Iniesta. Alexis Sanchez.
Players you would pay top dollar to watch.

Or....
You could pay to watch the likes of Delap, Fuller, Diaby (actually he'd be injured), Chamakh and Song.

And to think it costs a Barca fan over 35% less to watch their fantastic team than it costs an Arsenal fan to watch dross competing for the 'Fourth place trophy' ha ha ha ha ha priceless....
:mrgreen:

LDB

Post by LDB »

Babatunde wrote:
LDB wrote:I still to this day think there was something fishy about the way Van Persie was sent off against them last year. You could play that incident a hundred times in a hundred separate matches and I would be surprised if any referee would come to the conclusion that he should be given a second yellow for that. It just would not happen, I've never known anything like it and coming as it did (just after we'd equalised and began to get a footing in the game) its all just a bit too much for me to swallow as innocent.

Errrm....Arsenal produced ZERO shots on goal in that game. That's on or off target. A new CL record.
Yep, I reckon they were bricking it that we might 'get a foothold' in that game LOL....
And yet we were going through. Seriously, a second yellow for kicking the ball 0.89 seconds after the ref blows his whistle?

Explain away, padre.

STLgooner89

Post by STLgooner89 »

LDB wrote:
Babatunde wrote:

And yet we were going through. Seriously, a second yellow for kicking the ball 0.89 seconds after the ref blows his whistle?

Explain away, padre.
The thing is, we were reduced to ten men right when we started to look alright and got some confidence from a lucky goal. We would have have recorded shots on target if we finished the game with 11 men. Not saying we weren't shit in that first half, but c'mon.

LDB

Post by LDB »

STLgooner89 wrote: The thing is, we were reduced to ten men right when we started to look alright and got some confidence from a lucky goal. We would have have recorded shots on target if we finished the game with 11 men. Not saying we weren't shit in that first half, but c'mon.
Exactly, for the few minutes in-between our goal and the sending off I could already see us getting further up the pitch and getting amongst a Barca side who had previous form for letting their level drop in the final 30 minutes of matches against us. For the first 60 minutes of that game they hemmed us in with the most incredible pressing football I've ever seen, no way they were keeping that up for 90 minutes. As it turned out they didn't need to.

Also just had a look at the 4 nailed on penalties not given to the chavs against them. :roll:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PENQDQ52 ... re=related

kite

Post by kite »

LDB wrote:
Babatunde wrote:

Explain away, padre.
I agree.
BUT!
Messi scored a goal to make it 2:0 at the Emirates and the goal was disallowed and as we all know it was the wrong decision. And it wasn't even close! What if the ref would have made the right decision?
It was a wrong decision that kept Arsenal in the tie and it was a wrong decision that threw Arsenal out.

Deise Gooner

Post by Deise Gooner »

kite wrote:
LDB wrote:

Explain away, padre.
I agree.
BUT!
Messi scored a goal to make it 2:0 at the Emirates and the goal was disallowed and as we all know it was the wrong decision. And it wasn't even close! What if the ref would have made the right decision?
It was a wrong decision that kept Arsenal in the tie and it was a wrong decision that threw Arsenal out.

Nonsense the ball came back off Pedro playing Messi offside. Despite all of this we were one kick of the ball ball from knocking them out but the chance fell to Bendtner and his fluffed it big time. That is the moment you can point to and say if RVP is still on the pitch its curtains for Barca.

Supagoon

Post by Supagoon »

Barriecuda wrote:Quite likely the best club team ever assembled. They played a virtual unknown up front today and it made little difference. They coulda beat Milan by about four or five today. Messi is the best player of all time, without exaggeration.

The only thing that detracts from them is their self-righteous mega-c*nt attitude off the field (particularly when dealing with transfer negotiations and UEFA favoritism) and their constant diving and rolling around (the worst of which is Alves).
Arrogance comes with success. We were taking the piss out of the opposition when we were never really dominant, i'll never forget the pires-henry penalty.

Imagine if Barcelona didn't exist, i'd have to listen to Andy Gray for the past four years telling us that Manchester UTD are the greatest team on the planet, of course ignoring Real Madrid in the process.

Barcelona will/should stop Chelsea doing the unthinkable again.

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

Time of the month, Flash? :)

I can see your point to an extent, but it's that manipulation of the ball ( :oops: ) that frees up space so that the incisive part of the move can happen. I think perhaps your frustration is more of a deep-rooted pyschological problem brought on by endlessly slow tippy-tappy arsenal football that ends with walcott letting the ball roll under his foot and out of play.

While the Barcelona hype can be excrutiatingly painful, as supagoon has pointed out they have sorted out man u and chelsea in recent seasons, and should chelsea get through then hopefully will do a number on them again.

:barscarf:

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

Agree Flash, I f******g hate them. They get protection from refereees that allows them to play like they do, it's virtually non-contact, I hope Real win la liga and beat the barca whores in the clge final.

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

goonersid wrote:Agree Flash, I f******g hate them. They get protection from refereees that allows them to play like they do, it's virtually non-contact, I hope Real win la liga and beat the barca whores in the clge final.
Totally agree

and yes A of a C its time of the month :oops: :lol:

psychoangus

Post by psychoangus »

Probably the best club or international team ever fielded. Probably the most annoying bunch of whingers (Messi aside) on the planet.

But that's where football's going these days - Non-contact with everyone trying to win the match by either diving for penalties or getting the other side sent off.

I generally blame Klinsmann.