Gunners To Launch 'Arsenal TV'

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Gooner Chris

Gunners To Launch 'Arsenal TV'

Post by Gooner Chris »

VF:

After wasting far too much time watching the usual generic crap on tv, we are to be treated at last to a truly spectacular televisual feast; Arsenal TV.

I have, for many years, been a subscriber to Arsenal TV Online, and while the interaction and the available goals archives were superb, Arsenal TV will be much more fun.

Keithy E had previously stated at the AST meeting that the channel should be in place by December,

The Club have not developed a TV station to date because the clubs that have launched stations have lost significant money and therefore this is not something that the Board were willing to sanction. However, the situation has changed and it is hoped that by December there will be a channel launched which would be a profit making scheme. Said Edelmen

It now appears that the club have acquired the license required to launch the channel after a friend of mine who has far too much time on his hands hands found this website showing license types, licensees and the name of the channel to be launched. http://www.ofcom.org.uk/tv/ifi/tvlicens ... hly/200705

Is this merely a money making scheme planned solely to fleece yet more cash from avid Gooners? Almost certainly. Will I be subscribing to the channel? You can bet your bare arse.

Ben-gooner14

Post by Ben-gooner14 »

Is this going to be part of the usual sky full package or is it a seperate subscription like other club channels such as Man U, and Chelsea.

CraigPollard

Post by CraigPollard »

Must admit, im quite excited about the prospect of Arsenal TV, although i must admit, im also as excited about another channel that seems to have applied for a license on the list supplied on the original post of this thread.

Roll on Sky Sports HD3.

Since having my HD box i have watched more discovery channel than ever before!!! ;o)

Craig

I Hate Hleb

ARSENAL TV FOR FREE? NOT ON YOUR NELLY!!!

Post by I Hate Hleb »

BEN-GOONER14,

FIRST OF ALL WELCOME TO THE NUT HOUSE.

AS FOR YOUR QUESTION ABOUT ARSENAL TELEVISION, IT WILL DEFINATELY BE A SUBSCRIPTION PACKAGE, LIKE MAN UTD AND CHELSEA, AND NOT FREE TO AIR.

HOWEVER, I THINK I REMEMBER READING SOMEWHERE THAT ARSENAL T.V. WON'T BE A 'SKY TELEVISION' PRODUCTION, UNLIKE THE OTHER TWO. CAN'T QUITE REMEMBER WHY.

I'M SURE ALL WILL BECOME CLEARER IN DUE COURSE, WHEN THE POWERS THAT BE DEEM IT IS TIME WE KNEW (A BIT LIKE THE HENRY SAGA I SUPPOSE!).

green gooner

Post by green gooner »

Will the publicity seeking "Gooner Girl at Ashburton" get her own late night show I wonder :roll:

daz10_uk

Post by daz10_uk »

I hope the AFC TV thing will be free to air. If you look at sky channel 446 Real Madrid TV is free so maybe it will be. The commentry on these matches are so biased towards Real so i hope AFC TV will be the same as us gooners are not used to that sort of thing on the current TV channels..........

If you look at the website listed and scroll down youll see Orient have got permission for a TV channel too...... Now thats worrying :) I wont be subscribing to that one...

Goonanana

Post by Goonanana »

I would suspect that Real Madrid TV is free for the very same reason that in Madrid you can watch the Satruday 3pm games, because its a foreign channel.

Arsenal TV will definately be free and hopefully will show all of the reserve games which would be fantastic and mean we get to check up on the likes of Merida week in and week out