Euro 2012

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
flash gunner

Re: Euro 2012

Post by flash gunner »

I love boring wins :barscarf:

Come on England :barscarf:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

I don't really see any cause to change tactics for the Italy game, although England will have to close down and harry better than they have so far, Italy will punish them if they give them as much ball as Ukraine had in the first half hour.

Gotta say I really rate Hodgson, not afraid to make unpopular calls like Henderson on for Parker and Ox dropped for Sweden and Walcott not starting yesterday for the good of the team.

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

A win is a win :barscarf:

Don't understand some of the haters, last time I looked The Arsenal were an English team :oops:

Tbf we had the best chance of the first half and had Carroll been in rooneys place we would have been.

I would play Carroll with Rooney, Carroll is a very good long ball winner and bullies defenders, something that you need when playing Italian defenders.

I wasn't much interested in this competition at first (after the south africa debacle) but after seeing our boys giving their all and scrapping for a win (something Arsenal used to be great at) I have found myself fully behind the team :barscarf:

supergeorgegraham

Post by supergeorgegraham »

clockender1 wrote:
donaldo wrote:
Walnutt just interviewed on SSN.Did he touch the ball? The guy has no shame
the club & his agent has always controlled his media access very strictly - i'm guessing both are cashing in while they can.

regardless of whether RvP goes or not, Feo's definitely on the bench next year and as 'a England regular' he'll be agitating for a move...

Liverpool beckons :wink:
In Walcotts defence he never received a decent pass when he did come on. I like Walcott as he does have the ability to win games. He is much better than Arshavin and others who have worn our shirt.

Rohan

Post by Rohan »

1989 wrote:
Rohan wrote:
1989 wrote:I fancy us against us the Italians. :barscarf:
I don't know. Italy doing great. They have quick passers of ball all over the pitch. Though England grinding out great results. Their football is deteriorating with each passing game.
They have no wingers though and lack pace. Woy needs to start the Ox or Feo as they won't handle their pace. No more Milner ffs, he'll offer us nothing against them, they don't pose any threat from out wide so we don't need to give Johnson extra cover, and that is Milner's sole purpose in the team. We need to attack them from the get go. 4-4-1-1 with Gerrard and Parker in midfield, Ox and Young on the wings and Rooney just off Welbeck.

Chiellini is also out which is a major plus.
Milner is terrible. Young is in very bad form. But Roy is doing his home work for every game.

"When Milner left the pitch after 69 minutes, he had completed nine passes. "Worked hard, James Milner, as ever," said Andy Townsend. But shouldn't we expect a little more? It might be a tough gig when your number one priority is 'keep your shape' but Milner has found a teammate with just two of 13 crosses in this tournament. Ashley Young's record (1 in 11) is even worse but he earns a little respite with the cross that should have been buried by Wayne Rooney. "

Some one like Xavi probably completes 9 passes in first few minutes.
Last edited by Rohan on Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

augie wrote:
Supagoon wrote:he was offside, but my word do we have to wait for platini to lead FIFA before we see the solution.

No - now that england have gained from no technology blatter will be drafting legislation to introduce it as we speak :roll:
wow - Mystic Augie ! :
Sepp Blatter eyes goal-line technology after England win

Fifa president Sepp Blatter has renewed his call for the introduction of goal-line technology after a controversial incident in England's 1-0 win over Ukraine helped eliminate the co-hosts.

Marko Devic's shot crossed the line in the game in Donetsk but was not given.

Goal-line technology could be approved by the International Football Association Board on 5 July.
Major goal-line controversies

"After last night's match ‪#GLT‬ is no longer an alternative but a necessity," Blatter tweeted.

FIFA is a fucking Joke :banghead:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

LDB wrote:I must say I'm beginning not to hate steven gerrard
:shock:

WTF? Sorry, no. He is a diving cheating scumbag that attacks people in nightclubs when he has all his mates around him. Fucking human filth.

Similar to Robbie Keane and Roy Keane for me. Don't care what country they play for, scum is scum.

Amazing to see Septic Bladder now not even trying to hide the fact he hates England and the English FA. What a dirty fucker.

But back to the football. Well done to the Engerlish on getting the results but I'd be amazed if you gt much further. Your technical game is a lot lower than the Germans, Spanish or Italians for me. Agree with 1989 - Milner is pants. You need to go at the Italians with pace. If you try and grind it out they will outpass you.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

:shock: :cussing: You call yourself a Gooner!?? shame on you shaaaaaame on you!.

frankbutcher

Post by frankbutcher »

Come on England. :barscarf: Proud to be English. No shame in that. We back our own. Fuck everyone else.

:box:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:

WTF? Sorry, no. He is a diving cheating scumbag that attacks people in nightclubs when he has all his mates around him. Fucking human filth.

Similar to Robbie Keane and Roy Keane for me. Don't care what country they play for, scum is scum.

Amazing to see Septic Bladder now not even trying to hide the fact he hates England and the English FA. What a dirty fucker.

But back to the football. Well done to the Engerlish on getting the results but I'd be amazed if you gt much further. Your technical game is a lot lower than the Germans, Spanish or Italians for me. Agree with 1989 - Milner is pants. You need to go at the Italians with pace. If you try and grind it out they will outpass you.
1' Exactomondo! :high5:

2. And the italians will out-defend as well

rigsby

Post by rigsby »

The reason Theo talks to the press is because he's one of the few footballers who can actually speak properly and eloquently.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

rigsby wrote:The reason Theo talks to the press is because he's one of the few shyte footballers who can actually speak properly and eloquently.

fixed that for ya! :wink:

LDB
Location: Having a cup of tea and waiting for all this to blow over

Post by LDB »

DB10GOONER wrote:

Fuck me, he must be the first person to have ever attacked someone in a night club. Lets not forget our very own Jack Wilshere who broke a woman's arm shall we? Forget who they play for scum is scum :blah:

Within reason I'm not too much into the business of moralising over my footballers. Gerrard speaks well for a scouser and seems to actually care about playing for and captaining England, whether that's because his club is toilet I cant say.

And do bear in mind that I said I'm beginning not to hate him, not that I like him.

Top Londoner

Post by Top Londoner »

LDB wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

Fuck me, he must be the first person to have ever attacked someone in a night club. Lets not forget our very own Jack Wilshere who broke a woman's arm shall we? Forget who they play for scum is scum :blah:

Within reason I'm not too much into the business of moralising over my footballers. Gerrard speaks well for a scouser and seems to actually care about playing for and captaining England, whether that's because his club is toilet I cant say.

And do bear in mind that I said I'm beginning not to hate him, not that I like him.
Cheryl Cole likes a toilet ruck apparently.

Top Londoner

Post by Top Londoner »

F.A. fined £4038 for "attempted pitch invasion by English fans."

No one likes us, we don't care.

What about the racism charges and fines against other countries then?

Fucking joke.

:banghead: