Wenger and Dein playing politics with our club conspiracy

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
WestlowerRob

Wenger and Dein playing politics with our club conspiracy

Post by WestlowerRob »

David dein and Arsene have helped transform Arsenal FC. But what seems clear to me is they are now intent on destabilizing the current board regardless of its affect on the current team and fans.

Wengers noises about committing to the rest of the season have the same implications as TH saying he was an arsenal player "for now" and he knows it. We all know Arsene could of kept TH if he wanted to. Arsene could have brought in quality to help retain TH if he had wanted to. I accept the Boards recent comments that money HAS been available for Wenger (wenger has not contradicted those comments).

It is not a coincidence that days after Wenger made it clear he would not be spending big (tipping our kids for glory) that TH leaves

It would be ridiculous to think that AW and DD are not in close touch with each other.

DD and AW want the Board to lose all credibility with the fans so Dein and Kroenke come in on a white charger with promises of spending to save the club from mediocrity.

Remember if Kroenke buys our club and spends, he transfers the loan he took out to the club, he is just risk taking at our expense. The last club who recklessly speculated were Leeds Utd.

I support the current Board. They are fans and historically fans on the Board (albeit rich ones) have meant AFC has been stable and successful over the decades, not in a 5 year flash. I have not read anything to persuade me that an american investor would (apart from recklessly incurring further huge debts) in the long term be better.

augie

Post by augie »

:x If you wish to check your facts, kroenke does not borrow big when investing in a sporting club, has never done it and has stated that he will not do it now. This is a statement that has been welcomed by The Arsenal Supporters Trust who also had been sceptical about the mans intentions. What has this board done in recent years that warrents your undivided support ? I mean it is well known that DD has been the driving force on this board for over 20 years so what exactly have the rest of them done ? It was Dein that appointed George Graham all those years ago (when we were a mid table team) and helped him break Liverpool's dominance. It was Dein that brought Wenger to this club when all the media hacks ran the headline "Arsene who ?" and I think everybody can see how the last 11 years have worked out. Now I know that this working relationship has been mutually beneficial in that the club and manager are high profile names across the world but do not think for 1 minute this allows you to take a pop at wenger or dein over this. We may all not like the idea of foreigh takeovers but the sad fact is that we are now being outdone in the transfer market by small teams like sp*rs and soon to be joined by villa and man city for starters. This club needs transfer funds in a big way and if this board can provide the necessary cash and convince arsene wenger that the future of the club is rosy, then great. Otherwise its time to introduce outside sources of investment or step aside to let somebody else take this great club of ours forward. We've already lost the best managing director in football and i don't want to see us lose the best manager as well

WestlowerRob

We agree we do not want to lose wenger

Post by WestlowerRob »

and David Dein made sure we were in the top two/four clubs when we could have been one of the also rans. But

1. People blame the Board for not spending but they have said money has and is available for wenger and wenger has never disputed this (I dont think he would stay quiet on the point do you?)

2. Do you really think that if Arsene wanted to spend and wanted Henry to stay that the Board would have overuled him? I dont think so.

3. My understanding is that whatever Kroenke borrowed to buy the majority interest at arsenal, he could transfer the debt to the club. Please excuse my ignorance if I am wrong, I would love to be told I am wrong!

4. I understand TH leaving and Wenger umming and ahhhing about his contract but it would be nice if they genuinely took the fans into account and genuinely felt more about being part of Arsenal when making these decisions. They didnt work for David Dein FC. If you worked for a cause you empathised with you would not change job just because one of the senior staff left.