Arsenal v Olympiakos

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

Re: Arsenal v Olympiakos

Post by 1989 »

SammyDroppedHisShorts wrote:Someone famous will die tomorrow Ramsey scored
Wenger? :D

REB

Post by REB »

poor old giroud was very unlucky :cry: well played ramsey and a win is a win but we were terrible for much of this game, our centre backs are becoming a real worry again :banghead:

armchair

Post by armchair »

1989 wrote:Jenko man of the match again, what a full back
Agreed. :D

armchair

Post by armchair »

Gotta say. That was the best I've seen Gervinho play for us.

Babatunde

Post by Babatunde »

Watched the last 10 minutes.
Dear Lord this Arsenal team is even more shite than I realised. Playing with Gervinho as the main number 9 up front, because your £13 mil dud number 9 is so shit you'd rather play Ivorian Tony Daley :shock:
This reminds me of when Wenger played Arshavin as a number 9 for a whole year, just so he could get Chamakh on a free as he waited :oops: it's a bloody joke what a shocking manager Wenger is.
This team is actually poorer than last season's rubbish mark my words. In nets it's the same old story, two rubbish choices in Chesney, a legend in his own mind and Mannone. The midfield is ghastly it is scary how much time the opposition have on the ball, lack of desire, no pressing, no cohesion with the middle two and the width offers nothing.
The defence has been done to death, as Arsenal are playing 2 DCMs as centre-backs: Koscielny is not a defender, and Vermaelen has regressed so much it's unreal. Gibbs offers nothing going forward, kinda makes you wonder why he keeps doing it?
Wenger's incompetence in that summer transfer window will come back to haunt, this team has so far struggled, big-time, to see off an Olympiakos side decimated by injury and a shocking Montpellier side gave them a torrid time. Pathetic.

Meanwhile, I saw a Dortmund team with a wage bill over £100 million lower than Arsenal's go to Citeh and give them a footballing lesson, a run-around. Unlucky to draw that. Their young manager makes tactical subs, and actually develops youth, whilst winning titles and competing with much richer teams like Bayern.

Yet, our gormless fans ask 'how can we compete' :roll:

Post by 1989 »

Giroud's movement is superb. That's why he gets so many chances and to be fair he's been terribly unlucky.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Babatunde wrote:Watched the last 10 minutes.
Dear Lord this Arsenal team is even more shite than I realised. Playing with Gervinho as the main number 9 up front, because your £13 mil dud number 9 is so shit you'd rather play Ivorian Tony Daley :shock:
This reminds me of when Wenger played Arshavin as a number 9 for a whole year, just so he could get Chamakh on a free as he waited :oops: it's a bloody joke what a shocking manager Wenger is.
This team is actually poorer than last season's rubbish mark my words. In nets it's the same old story, two rubbish choices in Chesney, a legend in his own mind and Mannone. The midfield is ghastly it is scary how much time the opposition have on the ball, lack of desire, no pressing, no cohesion with the middle two and the width offers nothing.
The defence has been done to death, as Arsenal are playing 2 DCMs as centre-backs: Koscielny is not a defender, and Vermaelen has regressed so much it's unreal. Gibbs offers nothing going forward, kinda makes you wonder why he keeps doing it?
Wenger's incompetence in that summer transfer window will come back to haunt, this team has so far struggled, big-time, to see off an Olympiakos side decimated by injury and a shocking Montpellier side gave them a torrid time. Pathetic.

Meanwhile, I saw a Dortmund team with a wage bill over £100 million lower than Arsenal's go to Citeh and give them a footballing lesson, a run-around. Unlucky to draw that. Their young manager makes tactical subs, and actually develops youth, whilst winning titles and competing with much richer teams like Bayern.

:blah: yawn

swimmer1

Post by swimmer1 »

FFs please change the record

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

You got all that from the last 10 mins? :o - good thing you didn't watch the first half, that's all I can say... :shock: :-P :wink:

Post by 1989 »

Not much of a fan are ya?
And why were you watching Man City when Arsenal were playing?

Babatunde

Post by Babatunde »

1989 wrote:
Hahaha. Always makes me laugh when kids who started watching Arsenal games in 1989 try to tell me what a real fan is.
Mwah ha ha ha. Brilliant... :roll:

Babatunde

Post by Babatunde »

1989 wrote:Giroud's movement is superb. That's why he gets so many chances and to be fair he's been terribly unlucky.
I could say the same about Jeffers actually. Ade Akinbiyi also often got himself in great positions to score. If Giroud played for any other team, you'd admit he was shit (he is). The reason the best strikers are the best, is because they're top class.
Missing from 2 yards out, failing to hit the target when rolled in 6 yards out and failing to spot a wide open team-mate steaming through the middle is not 'unlucky'.
It's a lack of quality. Simple. Still. Keep kidding yourself that it's 'luck'... :roll:

SammyDroppedHisShorts
Location: In front of the best fans on earth. The Arse and all.

Post by SammyDroppedHisShorts »

Gaddafi
Bin Laden
Whitney Houston
Steve Jobs

All died the day after a Ramsey goal.....

Oops

Babatunde

Post by Babatunde »

1989 wrote:
Oh and I was watching Citeh because I am a football fan. I like watching quality players play, and watching tactical battles between managers. Not 7 headless chickens running around and pre-planned 70th minute changes zzzzz :roll:

Cockerill's chin
Location: Found the transfer fund... in Bendtner/Diaby/Denilson's pockets

Post by Cockerill's chin »

Arsenal won and Baba gets angry. How long are the mods going to put up with this boring bitter spud? I thought Giroud's movement was excellent in the minutes he had. Pleased with our full backs but have some concerns over the way TV and Kos have played together. We are in a strong position in the group. Enjoy Europa Baba and I hope your Arry gets a club soon.