Wenger must commit now, or go.

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
fridge

Wenger must commit now, or go.

Post by fridge »

Arsene Wenger has left the club in no mans land for this season.

TH stated he asked Wenger for his commitment but couldn't get, hense his decision.

With Fabregas next out of the door, who in there right mind is going to sign for Arsenal now knowing the manager is 95% not going to be there the next season.

Tough decisions, like when Rioch was sacked, have to be made now, not at the end of next season, when Wenger has left us high and dry!

DDignam

Post by DDignam »

totally agree

Rad

Post by Rad »

Wenger has done the same for every contract he has had at the club. It is his prerogative to sign when he wishes to. Until all the facts are on the table no one will know why Henry left.

I don't think Henry should have laid the blame at Wenger's door or the board's in his statement. He left because he made the choice to. I could do the same next week and say I'm giving up my season ticket and supporting another team because Henry left! BUT I'M NOT! Let's have a bit of truth around here eh!

DanielD

Post by DanielD »

I don't think Henry should have laid the blame at Wenger's door or the board's in his statement. He left because he made the choice to. I could do the same next week and say I'm giving up my season ticket and supporting another team because Henry left! BUT I'M NOT! Let's have a bit of truth around here eh!
It's not the same.The difference between us and Henry is that we are fans, he is not.
I (and i think a lot of other fans) thought thierry was a lover of the club like any other fan, guess i was wrong, he is just another player that chases glory.

tenementfunster5

Post by tenementfunster5 »

I'm sure it is not about the glory. Thierry had the chance to leave last season and decided to stay. The difference now is that he has lost faith in the club at the highest level. Henry had a special relationship with mr Dein and Tel felt his loss more than most.

Chopper

Post by Chopper »

Spot on ten!

Gunnerz4life

Post by Gunnerz4life »

tenementfunster5 wrote:I'm sure it is not about the glory. Thierry had the chance to leave last season and decided to stay. The difference now is that he has lost faith in the club at the highest level. Henry had a special relationship with mr Dein and Tel felt his loss more than most.
I dont think a player should be influenced by who is in the board and who is not, he should not have a say in that (that makes me wonder whether he was too influential at the club than he probably should have been, Henry that is), so i dont really find Dein leaving a good enough excuse.