Arsenal.com are telling us to .....

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Peeman

Arsenal.com are telling us to .....

Post by Peeman »

Check out their "Arsenal Christmas Tactics" when it comes to gifts :oops: :oops: :oops:

This coming from a club who have played 4-5-1 since I can't remember now at this stage. A manager who so insisted playing this exact formation he played the likes of "Super" Nic, Diaby, Ramsey etc on the "wing". A manager who had a sequence of games that included Barcelona, Stoke, Orient, Birmingham and Manure - and u've guessed it did not change anything or try and set up differently against the obvious difference in opposition.

To quote Louis Walsh the manager of the decade has lost his "mojo". He lost it a good while ago and he aint gettin it back and for me doesnt look like he's even trying to get it back. He's gonna do a Cloughie but instead of being old big head, he's old skinny head (go eat a burger u old fucker)

franksav63
Location: Home - Whitechapel - Arsenal Block 6 - Twitter - @franksav63

Re: Arsenal.com are telling us to .....

Post by franksav63 »

Peeman wrote:Check out their "Arsenal Christmas Tactics" when it comes to gifts :oops: :oops: :oops:

This coming from a club who have played 4-5-1 since I can't remember now at this stage. A manager who so insisted playing this exact formation he played the likes of "Super" Nic, Diaby, Ramsey etc on the "wing". A manager who had a sequence of games that included Barcelona, Stoke, Orient, Birmingham and Manure - and u've guessed it did not change anything or try and set up differently against the obvious difference in opposition.

To quote Louis Walsh the manager of the decade has lost his "mojo". He lost it a good while ago and he aint gettin it back and for me doesnt look like he's even trying to get it back. He's gonna do a Cloughie but instead of being old big head, he's old skinny head (go eat a burger u old fucker)
I wonder what these are written on? A postage stamp that's been cut in half and then cut in half again and they'd probably still be plenty of space left. just like the holes in our sorry looking defence. :roll:

REB

Post by REB »

pravda.com

the voice of the AKB :evil:

N1Goon

Post by N1Goon »

Have any of you lot heard the Monday phone in on Pravda? Anyone who dares speak out negatively against the Dark Lord gets cut off early or told they have a dodgy line and 'will have to be let go'.

90% of the 'fans' on the phone-in are foreign anyway, what do they care. :lol:

Dan_85

Post by Dan_85 »

N1Goon wrote:Have any of you lot heard the Monday phone in on Pravda? Anyone who dares speak out negatively against the Dark Lord gets cut off early or told they have a dodgy line and 'will have to be let go'.

90% of the 'fans' on the phone-in are foreign anyway, what do they care. :lol:
We have a special topic somewhere for this weekly 2 hours of comedy gold!

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Peeman wrote:Check out their "Arsenal Christmas Tactics" when it comes to gifts :oops: :oops: :oops:

I presume the Christmas gifts tactics involve months of speculation about what you're going to buy, looking in all the windows but leaving it until the last minute when realising that all of the best stuff has gone so you're left with the bargain buckets to shop around in a last minute panic paying out for some discounted, cheaply made shite that nobody else wanted to buy.

You then dress it up in fancy packaging to disguise the quality before giving it to your loved one, who then puts all of her best stuff on EBay and makes a tidy profit

Christmas shopping Arsenal style

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

SteveO 35 wrote:

I presume the Christmas gifts tactics involve months of speculation about what you're going to buy, looking in all the windows but leaving it until the last minute when realising that all of the best stuff has gone so you're left with the bargain buckets to shop around in a last minute panic paying out for some discounted, cheaply made shite that nobody else wanted to buy.

You then dress it up in fancy packaging to disguise the quality before giving it to your loved one, who then puts all of her best stuff on EBay and makes a tidy profit

Christmas shopping Arsenal style
Or possible buying a bottle of relatively cheap wine this year, holding on to it for a decade so that it finally matures and improves in quality and value and then selling it on at a healthy profit in 2019 and replacing it with a bottle of £2.99 wine to give to your loved ones?

N1Goon

Post by N1Goon »

Wouldn't mind a bit of that 2004 Feyenoord Vintage right about now :lol:

Meanwhile in Diaby land...

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

I'll use Arsene Christmas tactics..................

Buy an average present, then change my mind 70 mins later and substitute it for a shittier present, then insist that I believe in my present and say that it's quality. 8)

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

TeeCee wrote:I'll use Arsene Christmas tactics..................

Buy an average present, then change my mind 70 mins later and substitute it for a shittier present, then insist that I believe in my present and say that it's quality. 8)
When Christmas is finished mate, there's always the January sales where you can pick up all the leftover dross that nobody wanted. As for the shit you bought previously you could always try selling it on EBay, although it might take you 3 years of trying before you finally give up and end up chucking it away for nothing

Topside Northbank

Post by Topside Northbank »

To make it a real Xmas to remember start telling all your loved ones that you are going to buy them 'super quality' presents.

See their faces on Xmas morning as they open a load of old tat & inform them 'i looked but nothing of quality was available' finish off with 'we are running a self sustainable household' should make your cheese sandwich go down well for dinner! :banghead: