Thierry comment to Arsenal.com

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DanielD

Thierry comment to Arsenal.com

Post by DanielD »

Thierry you have left Arsenal, can you tell the supporters your reasons for going?

“I have said it so many times. Before Mr Dein left, for whatever reason, I went to the boss and said I don’t want to leave. There had been a lot of speculation about me and I assured him that I did not want to leave. But after Mr Dein left that unsettled the team and the boss. Especially as at the moment he has not committed himself to the club. He said he will see out his contract but you cannot be sure if he is going to go or stay [at the end of next season]. Hopefully he is going to stay but I need to be certain and reassured of that. Everybody knows I am 30. The boss being unsettled, Mr Dein going, it did unsettle me a bit. After that I had thoughts of leaving the club.

“It is a difficult day for me to come here at Emirates Stadium and talk about this. But I want to come here explain why to the fans. I want to be certain of where the club was going and reassured in a way. I wasn’t and I have chosen to go?â€

Gunnerz4life

Post by Gunnerz4life »

Kind of an expected statement wasnt it?

we_are_the_arsenal

Post by we_are_the_arsenal »

He really does love the club, I thank him and wish him well.

Chopper

Post by Chopper »

Don't be cynical, if he hadn't said that we would criticise so don't criticise when he says what we want to hear.

He said what we hoped he'd say and more. It's what any of us would say if we found ourselves in his situation (although we wouldn't leave!). Would we feel so strongly for a foreign club if we were in his situation? I believe he is more of a fan still than some of the 'prawn sandwich brigade' we get at the ground each game.

I started the day angry I feel i'm finishing it happier, think that statement brings a bit of closure now lets look to the future.....how's Babel getting on so far tonight?

we_are_the_arsenal

Babel scored a goal, set one uo, earned a penalty but missed. He has had a great game.

Chopper

Post by Chopper »

Sounds good.

DDignam

Post by DDignam »

hes always been a good bloke and expected sucha stetement, dont think he will get stick in teh future, just the cut proce he went for is teh lump in teh throat, teh reality of possible not replacing

I Hate Hleb

BABEL IS PROVING TO BE MORE THAN JUST NOISE!!

Post by I Hate Hleb »

SCORED ONE; SET ONE UP; HAD A SHOT CLEARED OFF THE LINE AND MISSED A PENALTY, TO BOOT!

HAD A QUIET FIRST HALF BUT HAS SPRUNG INTO LIFE IN THE SECOND 45 MINUTES AND HAS HELPED WIN THE GAME FOR HOLLAND (REMIND YOU OF ANYONE?).

STILL NO-WHERE NEAR THE FINISHED ARTICLE, BUT YOU CAN SEE HE HAS MOST OF THE TOOLS AT HIS DISPOSAL. JUST NEEDS TO LEARN HOW AND WHEN TO USE THEM TO MAXIMUM ADVANTAGE.

FOR THE REPORTED TRANSFER FIGURE OF £6 MILLION, I WOULD BUY HIM. AND THAT EDGAR DAVIDS LOOK-ALIKE!! BUT WE STILL NEED SOME EXPERIENCED PLAYERS AS WELL.

I Hate Hleb

Post by I Hate Hleb »

we_are_the_arsenal wrote:Babel scored a goal, set one uo, earned a penalty but missed. He has had a great game.
BEAT ME TO IT - YOU B*****D!!

ALTHOUGH, YOU MUST ADMIT - MINE IS MORE COMPREHENSIVE!!!

we_are_the_arsenal

I Hate Hleb wrote:
we_are_the_arsenal wrote:Babel scored a goal, set one uo, earned a penalty but missed. He has had a great game.
BEAT ME TO IT - YOU B*****D!!

ALTHOUGH, YOU MUST ADMIT - MINE IS MORE COMPREHENSIVE!!!
lol true, and the forum thanks you for that.

Drone

Players come and go, but the team Stays

Post by Drone »

When i start watching football i dident know who he is, and i start looking footbal after the war here at Kosovo, before i was busy with geting liberated. So i support Arsenal since 1999, he was good but there were also other good players, and here are other good players as well.
Hope Reyes comes back, we sign Babel, and Bendtner gets his foot busy with goals next season.
Wish him vell at Barca, you guys can callit as you want but where i came from we die for the given word, and he gived the word for his last contract in his cariere, dident he. Anyway there is not Balkans there is Civilization.

Gooner Chris

Post by Gooner Chris »

I want to keep my box here and I want to come back and watch some games, if they let me in!
Maybe one day Thierry.

Gunnerz4life

Post by Gunnerz4life »

Chopper wrote:Don't be cynical.
Gonna take a while mate.

I Hate Hleb

HEN-PECKED?

Post by I Hate Hleb »

I WANT TO START THIS OFF BY STATING THAT I AM NOT A CYNICAL PERSON. I PREFER TO TAKE PEOPLE AT THEIR WORD AND GIVE THEM THE BENEFIT OF THE DOUBT - SOMETIMES TO THE DETRIMENT OF AND AT GREAT EXPENSE TO MYSELF.

HOWEVER, AFTER SEEING THIERRY'S INTERVIEW ON ARSENAL.COM, I'M NOT SURE IF I FEEL BETTER OR EVEN MORE BITTER.

UNLIKE MOST OF THIERRY'S CRITICS, I DIDN'T FEEL HE WAS PHYSICALLY PAST IT YET (YOU GUYS FORGOTTEN THE GOAL AGAINST BLACKBURN WHERE HE RAN HALF THE LENGTH OF THE FIELD, PLAYED A 1-2 WITH CESC, THEN DROVE THE BALL IN?).

I BELIEVE WE COULD STILL HAVE GOT AT LEAST ANOTHER 3 GOOD/GREAT SEASONS OUT OF HIM. BLIMEY, WHATEVER HAPPENED TO THE ADAGE THAT A PLAYER ONLY STARTS REACHING HIS PEAK WHEN HE GETS TO HIS LATE TWENTIES?

HOWEVER, IF HE STILL HAD A PINNING TO GO TO BARCELONA AND REGRETTED SIGNING THE NEW CONTRACT, WHY DIDN'T HE JUST COME OUT AND SAY SO? I WOULD HAVE RESPECTED HIM EVEN MORE IF THIERRY HAD DONE THAT AND BEEN HONEST WITH US.

THIERRY WAS A FANTASTIC PLAYER AND WILL GO DOWN AS AN ARSENAL LEGEND - THERE CAN BE NO DOUBT ABOUT IT. BUT THE EXCUSES HE IS USING TO EXPLAIN WHY HE HAS LEFT IS REALLY WINDING ME UP. WHY THE NEED FOR THE BULLSHIT?

AND THE SUPPOSED TEARS HE SHED OVER LEAVING ARSENAL WHILST DOING THE INTERVIEW? SORRY, BUT AT THE RISK OF SOUNDING EXACTLY LIKE THE CYNICS I DESPISE, IN MY OPINION, 100% CROCODILE!!!

I FUCKING HATE MYSELF FOR HAVING WRITTEN THIS ABOUT ONE OF MY ALL-TIME FAVOURITES, BUT THESE ARE MY TRUE FEELINGS 48 HOURS AFTER THE TERRIBLE DEED WAS DONE. MAYBE I'LL FEEL BETTER TOMORROW AND IT WON'T SEEM AS BAD. MAYBE.