Tottenham fans injured in Rome/Lyon

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Herd

Re: Tottenham fans injured in clashes in Rome

Post by Herd »

Italians and in particular the Romans have a history of stabbing people going back as far as 77 when they carved up the grievers when they played there in the final .Far from banning them Lazio actually gives their mob their own turnstile which is operated by the ultras ,lets them in for free and buses them to away grounds for free too ,or at least they used to.
Nothing is ever done against them yet the fans from English clubs who are very largely well behaved nowadays get shit every time they go anywhere.
Having said this the red sea pedestrians super firm did march to the ground before the match yesterday and where met by a mixed bag of firms with lazio including leeds,west ham,and PSG so I think there might be a right wing fascist element at work !
How Leeds could do this after 2 of their own where killed on foreign soil is beyond me .
The attack on the bar though has the same mo of an entirely different mob ,the Vile Roma scum .
They have a habit of picking their moments scouting around town ,for family types and small numbers ,they then appear from nowhere with helmets on and tooled to the teeth they set about innocents and beat them senseless !
Since it happened outside uefa will do nothing !

Top Londoner

Post by Top Londoner »

:shock:
Well, the club should have to answer to this.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Yet more monkey chants towards Spurs players and anti-semitic chants towards the fans. Really is fucking shameful, will UEFA increase their fine from £32,500 in the first leg? Lazio are simply not fit to host European matches in the modern day and age. UEFA should use suspended bans because it's the only punishment other than an actual ban that will make people sit up and take account and also ties their hands in the future.

cusamano

Post by cusamano »

outrageous! :(

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

MK Gould wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
MK Gould wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:Alot of this harks back to the England team's fans "impact" in Europe too. Most Europeans don't differentiate between England fans and English fans. You've basically all been tarred with the same brush. Unfortunately your reputation precedes you.

It's shocking what English clubs have been banned for, yet the Italians, Serbs, Turks clubs etc STILL get away with it, and often quite worse (use of knives etc).

Strange leftfielder this one, but I remember the Landsdowne riot. That day in a Dublin pub Engerlish fans had been boisterous and a bit rowdy. And then some Gooners and Mancs kicked off. Against each other. :lol: :roll:
I would imagine that most Europeans don't differentiate between England fans and English fans and English speaking Irish fans supporting English clubs.... We're all in this together bud :barscarf: !!!
:lol:

True, MK. More than once was in a tight situation abroard because of our Arsenal jersey's and when we made it clear we were Oirish the locals were cool as fuck with us, "no hard feelings, we only want the English" etc. Even saved one or two pommies by letting them pretend they were Oirish too! :lol:

But to be honest with the exception of Copenhagen we would just avoid the shit by drinking in the "nice" (read "expensive" and "tourist") areas. :wink:
Sure we're all Oirish, to be sure, to be sure.....especially if we get Juve or PSG in the knock outs :lol: !! See you in the pub!

If in doubt, pretend to be a Mick! Everyone loves the Micks! :wink:

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

Herd wrote:Italians and in particular the Romans have a history of stabbing people going back as far as 77 when they carved up the grievers when they played there in the final .Far from banning them Lazio actually gives their mob their own turnstile which is operated by the ultras ,lets them in for free and buses them to away grounds for free too ,or at least they used to.
Nothing is ever done against them yet the fans from English clubs who are very largely well behaved nowadays get shit every time they go anywhere.
Having said this the red sea pedestrians super firm did march to the ground before the match yesterday and where met by a mixed bag of firms with lazio including leeds,west ham,and PSG so I think there might be a right wing fascist element at work !
How Leeds could do this after 2 of their own where killed on foreign soil is beyond me .
The attack on the bar though has the same mo of an entirely different mob ,the Vile Roma scum .
They have a habit of picking their moments scouting around town ,for family types and small numbers ,they then appear from nowhere with helmets on and tooled to the teeth they set about innocents and beat them senseless !
You forgot "there was claret everywhere"

:D :wink:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

arseofacrow wrote:
Herd wrote:Italians and in particular the Romans have a history of stabbing people going back as far as 77 when they carved up the grievers when they played there in the final .Far from banning them Lazio actually gives their mob their own turnstile which is operated by the ultras ,lets them in for free and buses them to away grounds for free too ,or at least they used to.
You forgot "there was claret everywhere"

:D :wink:
:lol: :lol:

and pwopa naugh'y

Tomáš

Post by Tomáš »

In German newspaper also http://www.spiegel.de/sport/fussball/ue ... 68840.html
check the picture section

officepest
Location: Lacking a little bit of sharpness in the final third.

Post by officepest »

DB10GOONER wrote:If in doubt, pretend to be a Mick! Everyone loves the Micks! :wink:
'Cough cough' Frank Butcher :wink:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

officepest wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:If in doubt, pretend to be a Mick! Everyone loves the Micks! :wink:
'Cough cough' Frank Butcher :wink:

Old Rosie

Post by Old Rosie »

Lesson to learn here is when Playing Lazio were a Gazza mask and all will be ok!

8)

nexum5me

Post by nexum5me »

Top Londoner wrote:Image

:shock:
Well, the club should have to answer to this.
apart from the fact that it's obviously trying to provoke the "jewish" fans, what's actually wrong with this banner?

I Hate Hleb

Post by I Hate Hleb »

Well to start with it's not theirs to give away!! :-P :lol: :lol: :wink:

DarylAFC

Post by DarylAFC »

northbank123 wrote:Yet more monkey chants towards Spurs players and anti-semitic chants towards the fans. Really is fucking shameful, will UEFA increase their fine from £32,500 in the first leg? Lazio are simply not fit to host European matches in the modern day and age. UEFA should use suspended bans because it's the only punishment other than an actual ban that will make people sit up and take account and also ties their hands in the future.
Watching the NLD in my local, I made monkey noises at the TV and everyone assumed it was aimed at Adebayor! It was actually aimed at Bale, oh how we laughed :lol:

Maybe our Italian friends were merely on my wavelength 8)