Has it sunk in yet???

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
BIG RADDY

Has it sunk in yet???

Post by BIG RADDY »

Waking up this morning it has finally sunk in that Monsieur Henry will no longer be with us.
It's been a big shock considering he was supposed to finish his career with us, having signed a 4 year deal only last year (so much for contracts)
With Titi I never found him never to have that fire in his belly like former players Wrighty,Smudge,Super Mac and Radford.
The only memory that will stay with me is being at the Bernabeu seeing him score against the not so almighty Real Madrid.
He did however score against Manure this season but that was about all.
I found it a big mistake to make him skipper, probably to get him to put pen to paper but what a waste of time that was.
Looking at the picture in my hall today of the Invincibles, only 3 years old and out of the 20 players in the picture there are only 5 left.
So time does move on and I'm sure that in a couple of seasons we'll be chanting another superstars name from the stands of Ashburton Grove.
Thanks for the memories Titi

DanielD

Post by DanielD »

I spy only 4 of them, freddie, mad Jens, Bert and Kolo. Of course i'm excluding cesc and hoyte (they made little impact in the carling cup).

http://www.arsenal.se/Bilder/wallpapers/w_1001_14.jpg

gus ceasar is a legend

Post by gus ceasar is a legend »

Like Ive said elsewhere I aint felt the same about TH14 since the champions league final!

Hes gone! We move on and get bigger and better!

gus ceasar is a legend

Post by gus ceasar is a legend »

Sorry to go on but what was all this bollocks he was spouting "Im not on any departure boards"?

He has admitted he told Wenger he wanted to go in May!

Sorry if I seem angry and bitter but he lied!

delgooner

Post by delgooner »

Yep its sunk in with me. And the more of all this crap in the media keeps coming the more I think that La Boss, crafty old fox that he is has been playing it very shrewd. TH has gone, thank you for the wonderful football you played and the way you did it. But I think La Boss knew that TH was not gonna get back to his top form, so I think maybe 16 mill was a good deal in La Boss's point of view, remember we had him on contract so it was up to La Boss whether he stayed or not. Anyway I think Barca know that he's not going to perform for them like he did for us but its good PR for them and they'll get their money back on the shirts alone, just like Real Madrid with Beckham. So yes its sunk in that TH is not gonna be there anymore and I was hoping to see him at the Emirates on July 29th when I am there. But alas as I think of Arsenal as Arsenal and not Henry of Arsenal, Im sure La Boss aint going nowhere and we will see some buying of someone famous or never heard of. Remember La Boss got Henry when he was having a hard time in Italy. Good Luck to TH, there's only one thing I didnt like was the comments he made about La Boss. What goes on between players and the manager should be left there in the office not put in that pile of shite people call the SUN not that many of their readers can read. If they had put a big pair of tits in the article instead of TH now that would have got the readers interested.
AMEN!

nuttygoonerpaul

Post by nuttygoonerpaul »

i was more upset when brady left , than i am of henry leaving

solwaysharks

Post by solwaysharks »

still coming to terms with it,may have to take some stick at work tomorrow,,,what happens if he fails the medical :D

proudtosaythatname

Post by proudtosaythatname »

Good point - especially as many of us have accepted he's gone and moved on - quite remarkable really in just over 24 hours. For me, having like-minded Gooners to communicate with on this website has helped. Thank goodness for the Internet and Gooner Online.

solwaysharks

Post by solwaysharks »

if he fails :D will we accept him back,knowing full well he didnt want to be at the emirates,i hope we get b$$ca in the champions league