Arsenal turn down Kroenke’s offer of transfer funds (25/6)

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
gooner.ed
Site Admin

Arsenal turn down Kroenke’s offer of transfer funds (25/6)

Post by gooner.ed »

usual thread starter... think we are all waiting for announcement about the manager this week, and news of a couple of signings. the players will reconvene in 2 or 3 weeks. would be nice to have some new signings in the mix from the outset. anelka's nearly as old as th14, but he doesn't seem to have suffered from playing as much football (especially internationals), so i hope arsene makes an exception and buys experience. word is le sulk will only come if arsene's going to stick around though, so here's hoping...

DanielD

Post by DanielD »

Fuckin hell, nobody wants to join the Arsenal for the Arsenal, only for Wenger?
For the Kroenke transfer funds issue. I think that there's a possibilty that he might try to get some fans on his side for a few $.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

If Arsenal are tunring down good money, could they not have turned down the price of my season ticket and given it to me for free!?

I heard recently that Anelka could join The Arsenal now that Dein has gone. Apparently, he was so rude to Anelka and his 'advisor' brothers in the summer of 1999 that it was he who put the nail the exit coffin. Perhaps now that Dein has left, 'Le Rat' may well be coming back to us. I'd rather the news was a bit more exciting than old Nicco returning but I'll wait on the edge of my seat until Friday, when we'll probably hear that Gary Lewin has some new bandages, the club have a new DVD out and that Arsene still hasn't made up his mind!

As always with our club "Live in Hope rather than Reality."

Galasso

Post by Galasso »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:If Arsenal are tunring down good money, could they not have turned down the price of my season ticket and given it to me for free!?

I heard recently that Anelka could join The Arsenal now that Dein has gone. Apparently, he was so rude to Anelka and his 'advisor' brothers in the summer of 1999 that it was he who put the nail the exit coffin. Perhaps now that Dein has left, 'Le Rat' may well be coming back to us. I'd rather the news was a bit more exciting than old Nicco returning but I'll wait on the edge of my seat until Friday, when we'll probably hear that Gary Lewin has some new bandages, the club have a new DVD out and that Arsene still hasn't made up his mind!

:)

Gary Lewin - new bandages? Will now also be waiting on the edge of my seat until that one is wrapped up.

Eboue Can't Defend

Post by Eboue Can't Defend »

Galasso wrote:
Perryashburtongroves wrote:If Arsenal are tunring down good money, could they not have turned down the price of my season ticket and given it to me for free!?

:)

Gary Lewin - new bandages? Will now also be waiting on the edge of my seat until that one is wrapped up.
Galasso, I see your talking crepe again!! :wink: :lol: