THE BOARD - Kroenke, Usmanov and Finance

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
begeegs

Re: BOARD/FINANCE Thread: USMANOV/KROENKE/DEIN/HILL-WOOD etc

Post by begeegs »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... rship.html

I am loving this. So the sponsors could hit them in the pocket book. This could ultimately lead to a sacking of Wenger - I live in hope! :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

begeegs wrote:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... rship.html

I am loving this. So the sponsors could hit them in the pocket book. This could ultimately lead to a sacking of Wenger - I live in hope! :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:
:lol: :lol:

Hmm... Gazidis forgot to mention that clause when he was proudly telling us about this wonderful new sponsorship deal... must have slipped his mind :roll: :lol:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

begeegs wrote:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... rship.html

On the other hand, winning the 4th placed trophy has never been so important, so Wenger can expect a cut of the £30m - say £3m bonus and then.......hopefully.........that big new contract to 2017 :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

RNTGOONER

Post by RNTGOONER »

can i suggest that we sing same old arsenal/kronke ripping us off to the board rather than spend some fucking money or we want our arsenal back i think harder for press to spin :?: as some of this is about highest prices in world football

lowerwest

Some truth 7 years too late

Post by lowerwest »

Did i see AW actually admitting that the stadium had been a drain on finances and had certainly affected our abilites in the transfer market since 2004. Remember the days of Edelman and his responses to being asked that exact question around the time of our move to the Emirates.

A massive part of the problem since that time has been the lack of transparency and the secretive way our club is being run into the ground. Dont expect that to change under Wiggy.

markyp

Re: Some truth 7 years too late

Post by markyp »

despite the financial handcuffs our biggest problem has been Wenkers consistantly piss poor choice of players to bring to the emirates and the amount he has paid for them.we could be sitting far prettier than we are now if knobhead didnt burn our milions.on top of that he's such a nasty arrogant *word censored* he's consistently neglected to address problem positions,goalkeeper being one.

donaldo

Re: Some truth 7 years too late

Post by donaldo »

markyp wrote:despite the financial handcuffs our biggest problem has been Wenkers consistantly piss poor choice of players to bring to the emirates and the amount he has paid for them.we could be sitting far prettier than we are now if knobhead didnt burn our milions.on top of that he's such a nasty arrogant *word censored* he's consistently neglected to address problem positions,goalkeeper being one.
Spot on

He spent £36m on Santos Gervinho Park and Giroud :evil:

QuartzGooner

Re: Board/Stadium Finance: USMANOV/KROENKE/DEIN/HILL-WOOD et

Post by QuartzGooner »

Wenger admitted the stadium was a drain on finances couple of years ago when he explained his youth policy in a long interview carried by several papers.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

QuartzGooner wrote:Wenger admitted the stadium was a drain on finances couple of years ago when he explained his youth policy in a long interview carried by several papers.
To be honest it's absurd that we're even talking about Wenger and finances in this way. It's a testament of the worrying extent of his influence at board level.

He is the manager of the football team, he should have absolutely zero say about moving stadium and in-depth studying of our finances. That's what the board, and in particular the finance director are for. I don't give a fuck if he has a degree in economics, as he constantly reminds us he's been a football manager for three decades and not a financial director, therefore he is absolutely unqualified to conduct his own in-depth analysis of our finances.

Steve Burnett

Post by Steve Burnett »

The performance related sponsership seems a very good thing although, if they are to loose £xx million, will that really spur them into buying decent players?? I don't think so.
Anything that hits them in their pocket due to poor results is a good thing though.

I will love to read a AW biography post Arsenal. I'm not sure all this is his doing and I think the stadium move almost broke them.
Now Kronke is on boared, I wish to fck he would do something. Sell up (best option) or put some funds into the club.

I watched Usanov on CNBC and he at least talks about Arsenal with some passion, and you see (on the face of it) he respects the manager but would do certain things differntly (like not selling our best and most profitable players).

Arsenal is broken, lets hope someone can fix them :barscarf:

begeegs

Post by begeegs »

Steve Burnett wrote:The performance related sponsership seems a very good thing although, if they are to loose £xx million, will that really spur them into buying decent players?? I don't think so.
Anything that hits them in their pocket due to poor results is a good thing though.

I will love to read a AW biography post Arsenal. I'm not sure all this is his doing and I think the stadium move almost broke them.
Now Kronke is on boared, I wish to fck he would do something. Sell up (best option) or put some funds into the club.

I watched Usanov on CNBC and he at least talks about Arsenal with some passion, and you see (on the face of it) he respects the manager but would do certain things differntly (like not selling our best and most profitable players).

Arsenal is broken, lets hope someone can fix them :barscarf:
I have to admit that reading a Wenger biography is somewhat interesting, but I get the impression that it will read a little like Mein Kampf in that it will present a very myopic version of the goings on at Arsenal during the Wenger years. I'd rather read an impartial view of it and I doubt that we will ever get it.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Would it be called Le Bible?

begeegs

Post by begeegs »

northbank123 wrote:Would it be called Le Bible?
Maybe l'gosphel de arsene

georgeknows89

Post by georgeknows89 »

This has and continues to be flogged to death and penny will drop eventually.

Whether it is Usmanov or not , and all know I want and hope it is him, the route of all the issues ultimately lies with ownership being in SK hands or should i say being removed from them.

AW runs things the SK way and even if and when he goes , either out or 'upstairs' the model will continue to run , like any other business, under the guidance of the majority shareholder, investor, stakeholder, owner, controller, what ever you want to call him ( c*nt and absent landlord my top 2).

All the banners in the world and ante AW strategy can continue but even if it succeeded, the appointment of his successor will either be by him or expected to be a clone of him so yes we might get better players bought than some of his recent failures but the overall model and targets will remain, profit without investment- why would he need or want to do it any other way from his perspective.

The moans groans and pressure in my opinion should all concentrate on spanking the yank as relatively , the removal of AW will have far less an impact then getting SK to sell up and f*k off to where he came from-

'we don't want his sort' - most sensible and accurate statement PHW ever made

augie

Post by augie »

George my preference for usmanov is well documented but too many focus on kroenke and make excuses for wenger on the back of that :roll: Forget about the buying and selling of players and concentrate on the what we currently have and only a blind man could deny that wenger is far from maximising what we currently have - we play a formation that doesnt suit the players available, we play players out of position, we seem unable to make subs prior to the 65th-70th minute in most games, we have no fcuking tactical plan at all and most importantly the players regularly seemed unmotivated for games against "lesser oposition" :evil: :evil: Kroenke cannot be held responsible for these failings and whilst removing him from the club is a very important target, I believe that removing wenger is a more realistic short term target that will see faster improvements which will in turn lift morale 8) Mind you I do have concerns that this board will be unable to appoint a proper manager to replace wenger but that is another days work