16m aint bad when u consider....

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
columoz

16m aint bad when u consider....

Post by columoz »

16m aint bad when you consider we are doing away with 6.5m in wages a year thats the best part of 20m for the next 3 years!hey just trying to be positive

DDignam

Post by DDignam »

I was having this chat with my mate last night, 20m less teh £100 a week for the 16 year old who replaces henry,. quids in

tenementfunster5

Post by tenementfunster5 »

We always get the wrong end of the deal financially. Vieira was a £20M player and we undersold. Cashley was touted to be worth £22M and we let him go for £5M and Gallas, meaning Gallas is worth £17M?

And now Thierry for £16M. That is a total joke. The man is one of the greatest footballers to have ever stepped on the field and we let him leave at a 50% mark down. That is why we will be seen as a selling club and an easy target.

Wait for the Fabregas stories next pre season.

Chopper

Post by Chopper »

Already bracing myself for them ten, in fact think we could have two months until the close of the transfer window this summer as we are inevitably going to be labelled 'a club in crisis' for a while.

Herd

Post by Herd »

tenementfunster5 wrote:We always get the wrong end of the deal financially. Vieira was a £20M player and we undersold. Cashley was touted to be worth £22M and we let him go for £5M and Gallas, meaning Gallas is worth £17M?

And now Thierry for £16M. That is a total joke. The man is one of the greatest footballers to have ever stepped on the field and we let him leave at a 50% mark down. That is why we will be seen as a selling club and an easy target.

Wait for the Fabregas stories next pre season.
I was thinking this myself,it makes Henry worth the same as Daren Bent ??????????????

I know in the past when we bought players we alledgedly inflated the price so that some kickbacks can be gleaned Dennis Berkamps trwansfer bieng the most obvious one I saw ,(available for £4.5 million ,we paid £7.5) so maybe we do it on outgoing business too !

Otherwise are u saying Shevchenko was twice as good as Henry ??? I hardly think so !

Going going BUNG !

gus ceasar is a legend

Post by gus ceasar is a legend »

The deal can actually be worth up to 20million depending on how much silverware they win.

Trevheff

Post by Trevheff »

The dumpest part of the Vieira deal was agreeing for Juve to pay us the £15 mill over 3 years. Please tell me we haven't agreed something as stupid with Henry??

donaldo

Post by donaldo »

£16 nillion is bad when a wanker like Owen Hargreaves was sold for £18million.we sold PV4 on the cheap and have done the same with Henry. We are the Oxfam of football. Buy a Fabregas get a RVP free.