Rubbish Football Chants

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

Re: Rubbish Football Chants

Post by 1989 »

"Who are ya?" :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

jamjc64

Post by jamjc64 »

Be Jesus said Paddy

Unless you can explain the origin off it and meaning to me.

Oh and One Arsene Wenger ( thank fook for that )

1886 Cannon

Post by 1886 Cannon »

That goalkeeper, goal kick crap. Ooooooooo You're shit! Aaaahhh! Think the scum may have started that too.

Clash

Post by Clash »

''Is there a fire drill?'' Who thinks, I know what will be funny, lets taunt the opposition with this? Funny the first time maybe but ....

''We gonna win 4-3'' (for a team losing 3-0). Is this self deprecating humour supposed to make these fans seem endearing? Or is it a tired load of predictable crap now?

And as others have said ... anything to Sloop John B. Especially the inane ''he scores when he wants''

This for me is the worst thing about chants these days ... the same old tunes getting used over and over again. There are plenty of different tunes from the past to be used but fans everywhere revert to the same ones. I'd have thought with the internet and people being able to get their ideas out there more easily than ever that the variety and creativity of singing would have increased massively ... but the opposite has happened.

We had a Glaswegian teacher at School (a Celtic fan) in the mid 80s He used to travel back up to Celtic games every weekend from London and would teach us new chants almost every week.

His favourite in 1986 was to the Banana Boat Song (Day O) ''Diego, Diego ... England are out and their on their way home '' :lol:

jacko-arsnl2

Post by jacko-arsnl2 »

"1 nill and you fucked it up"
i dont see how you can sign so proudly about being 1-0 down against teams like wigan or villa then win 2-1 at home.

ClockEndNick

Post by ClockEndNick »

--
Last edited by ClockEndNick on Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top Londoner

Post by Top Londoner »

"We're the east stand Highbury"

Always got shitty looks in the upper, except for a few others.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

What about those fucking losers from yesterday "We'll play 'ow we want......we're Stoke Cit-eh, we'll play 'ow we want"

Actually celebrating the fact that their team is renowned throughout the country for producing the most one dimensional, Neanderthal football imaginable. Lets all sing about the fact everyone knows we're a bunch of *word censored*...

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

SteveO 35 wrote:What about those fucking losers from yesterday "We'll play 'ow we want......we're Stoke Cit-eh, we'll play 'ow we want"

Actually celebrating the fact that their team is renowned throughout the country for producing the most one dimensional, Neanderthal football imaginable. Lets all sing about the fact everyone knows we're a bunch of *word censored*...
Each to their own Steve...each to their own...people find their own level in life and Stoke have found a team and manager in their own image and that of their support. Anyone that can taunt and boo a kid who had his leg deliberately smashed at their ground are the lowest of life.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Bradywasking wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:What about those fucking losers from yesterday "We'll play 'ow we want......we're Stoke Cit-eh, we'll play 'ow we want"

Each to their own Steve...each to their own...people find their own level in life and Stoke have found a team and manager in their own image and that of their support. Anyone that can taunt and boo a kid who had his leg deliberately smashed at their ground are the lowest of life.
Birmingham sunk to those depths and look what happened there......we can only live in hope

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

Too many rubbish ones to mention..

So here's a few more from the archives:

Salad for Lampard..clap, clap, clap, clap, clap...Salad for Lampard

Ohhhhhh...Lampard is a fat tud
He wears a fat tud's hat
and when he saw the Burger King
He said "I'm having that", ohhhhh...

To the Sweeney tune:

Flamini, Flamini..der der der etc...

Towards Grobellar at Southampton (to the tune "Give peace a chance"):

"All we are saying - BRUCIE -,
Is give us a goal..."

:barscarf:

Lee1

Post by Lee1 »

That Man Utd Van Persie one....can bring myself to type it. Fucking boooo!!!!

Ben Diesel

Post by Ben Diesel »

Take me home, united road...

Makes me want to tear off my own head whenever I hear it.

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

I thought you had enough of the faux rivalry with stoke? :rubchin:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Henry Norris 1913 wrote:

I thought you had enough of the faux rivalry with stoke? :rubchin:
And a fan posting on the internet how pathetic one of their songs is somehow manages to extend the spat between the two teams managers does it. Bright lad