Anyone think Henry did us a favour last summer ?

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Leigh On Eea Gooner

Anyone think Henry did us a favour last summer ?

Post by Leigh On Eea Gooner »

If my memory serves me right If T.H didn't sign the contract last summer would he have been available on a free transfer this summer ... Was there some sort of gentlemens agreement at the time to allow him to leave & choose his club if he ever wanted to leave ? Would explain the " No bidding war for him ..." & the quick sales. Did he actually help us get 16 mio quid as opposed to the Wiltord's/ edu's of this world ?

DanielD

Post by DanielD »

I doubt it. If he wanted to leave he would have done so last season, just like he has done this season.

Red Carpet

Post by Red Carpet »

Its a point worth considering, given the relationship between the manager and TH, although to sell him then for 16 quid suggests if the idea was an agreement to allow Arsenal to cash in on Henry under a longer contract then it didn't work as well as it could have.

Leigh On Eea Gooner

Post by Leigh On Eea Gooner »

I don't really understand the fee then ..According to David Dein last year we could have sold him for £ 50 mio . I'm not saying I believe that either but it doesn't appear a great deal of money .