How will not renewing ST's help bring change?

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
MM99

Re: How will not renewing ST's help bring change?

Post by MM99 »

As long as the corporate boxes and to a lesser extent the club level seats get sold out then they won't care if old john smith who's had a season ticket for 30 years has to give it up. There's plenty of other gooners that are still willing to buy 'normal' season tickets because of their love of this once great club. Continued protests and increasing vocal pressure is the way for change.

augie

Post by augie »

cdparky wrote:It's a tricky one. I wouldn't buy tickets individually for any of the cat A games bar Spurs, they are just too expensive (I'll make an excpetion for the derby as that is one game that really matters). The Europa League games will be treated with the same disdain as the FA Cup so the cup credits are largely pointless other than watching our 2nd string bumble around incompetently. So renewing I'm committing to 11 games I wouldn't bother with otherwise, strong temptation to revert to my silver card and go match by match when I want to.

I have two season tickets (mine and my sons) so can I downgrade to silver then ?

Skooner

Post by Skooner »

ST holder since 88 but have decided that I will give it up if they give Wenger another contract. So it might be this season is my last or next. My old man has had one since the early 70's and is probably giving his up at the end of this season unless they sack Wenger. I looked into selling mine to a mate last summer but couldn't find a buyer, won't even bother trying to find a buyer this time.

Will it make much of a difference? Probably not but I sit at numerous matches these days completely bored by the predictability of the whole thing. Hardly celebrated Podolski's goal at all against Bayern as knew it would lead to nothing. I've not been on a big holiday (more than a long weekend type trip) for years and these days that sounds like a much better way of spending my £1,100.

I've no doubt that if I do give it up, that first game of the following season will be a weird experience and there will be games I will be gutted to have missed but it isn't worth it for me as I have zero hope for the future. People saying it will get better... I ask when? I've wanted change since the end of the 07-08 season and thought that 5 maybe 6 years would be the tipping point but it wasn't. We are probably looking at close to a decade of under achievement and still the club believe we are on the right course and Wenger is the manager to take us forward.

I'll probably add my name to the end of the waiting list if I give it up, surely he will be gone by the time it comes back round to me!

supergeorgegraham

Post by supergeorgegraham »

As I see it our club is charging you massive money to see less quality players then 6 years ago. Now football is only about the 11 players we have on the pitch and although we have some really good players we have some real dross as well. We cant defend so we will not achieve anything while we see Man United reinvent themselves time and time again. Its time to make a financial stand to get rid of Kronke and Wenger.
We have other options in Dein and Usmanov just for starters and we need a new Manager because the one we have has lied to us for years.
I cant forgive him for the lies let alone the defence.

skizz_b

Post by skizz_b »

arsenalmorris wrote:Interesting thread, I am currently a red member but expect my season ticket next season, I go every single game home and away and have so far spent over 4k this season in tickets and travel, I am really debating if I get offered a season ticket next season turning it down, the full season is going to end up costing me about 6k this season and is it really worth it, I will finish this season and the re evaluate my situation
I did the whole home/away every game thing for a couple of years. Watching us throw the league away in 2007 (2008?) was pretty painful but after chucking away almost 11k watching us all over the place in the space of 2 and a half years I couldn't do it anymore and now pick and choose my games. still get to about 15 a year

skizz_b

Post by skizz_b »

unfortunately i dont think a boycott will ever be the answer, one man's shit is another man's treasure and we all know full well that for now at least there are plenty of idiots who would still buy season tickets that are given up.

Peeman

Post by Peeman »

augie wrote:
cdparky wrote:It's a tricky one. I wouldn't buy tickets individually for any of the cat A games bar Spurs, they are just too expensive (I'll make an excpetion for the derby as that is one game that really matters). The Europa League games will be treated with the same disdain as the FA Cup so the cup credits are largely pointless other than watching our 2nd string bumble around incompetently. So renewing I'm committing to 11 games I wouldn't bother with otherwise, strong temptation to revert to my silver card and go match by match when I want to.

I have two season tickets (mine and my sons) so can I downgrade to silver then ?
Was wondering this myself. I have three and was also wondering if it was possible to maybe give up for a year until the dictator is gone.

augie

Post by augie »

Peeman wrote:
augie wrote:

Was wondering this myself. I have three and was also wondering if it was possible to maybe give up for a year until the dictator is gone.

That one year sabbitical was actually my preferred choice - surely if they offer fans a years delay when they get the chance to buy their first season ticket, then they would allow existing season tickets the same facility ?

skizz_b

Post by skizz_b »

if they did, i doubt you'd get the same seat back, especially in lower tier

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

i think the majority of responses have supported my view, basically that giving up st is cutting of your nose to spite your face pretty much, as you will miss out when change does occur, and even if you give it up, there are plenty of mongwits who will snap them up. (i dont think the fact that tickets go on general sale a lot these days has anything to do with how many people will snap up ST's if they become available, they are completely different things).

basically as mm99 says its, vocal pressures and protests are ther ONLY way to help bring change (or at least try to as its all probably futile with wiggy)

JMascis666

Post by JMascis666 »

I am seriously considering downgrading to Silver, pick and choose my matches.

Rocky Number Seven
Location: North Bank, Turnstile D, Block 7, Row 8, Seat 225 / Essex

Post by Rocky Number Seven »

JMascis666 wrote:I am seriously considering downgrading to Silver, pick and choose my matches.
I didn't think that this was an option? I seriously want to jack mine in but don't want to just throw away all my away credits and not be able to attend any of those or have to do the mid week journeys up north to start to build them up from scratch again? The only thing keeping me at the mo is my away credits.

JMascis666

Post by JMascis666 »

Rocky Number Seven wrote:
JMascis666 wrote:I am seriously considering downgrading to Silver, pick and choose my matches.
I didn't think that this was an option? I seriously want to jack mine in but don't want to just throw away all my away credits and not be able to attend any of those or have to do the mid week journeys up north to start to build them up from scratch again? The only thing keeping me at the mo is my away credits.
Should have said my season ticket is linked to a debenture which I believe allows me to down grade.

cdparky

Post by cdparky »

augie wrote:

No idea about the downgrade. Was able to hold on to my Silver when I got my ST when we moved, been keeping it ever since to occassionally take friends along and as a means to still go if I ever give up my ST.

donaldo

Post by donaldo »

QuartzGooner wrote:Kronke keeps Wenger because Wenger makes him money.

If enough season tickets are not sold, then profit is reduced.
Kronke will take notice of that.
Especially if a mixture of Gold, Platinum and Diamond season tickets are affected.
Sums it up perfectly.I bet Kroenke couldnt believe ST's were still snapped up two years ago when the board increased prices by 6% in the worst resession in 80 years.When it comes to money everyones a winner at the club.The losers are of course the fans.Until fans realise the only way to get rid of Wenger and Kroenke is to hit the profits then this circus will continue for many years to come.The last 8 years have told us nothing that happens on the pitch will get rid of Wenger as long as the profits are high