sp*rs (a) match thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
northbank123

Re: sp*rs (a) match thread

Post by northbank123 »

donaldo wrote:Man City,Liverpool,Chelsea ,Bayern and Spuds what have they all got in common? All 2-0 down :banghead:
You clearly didn't get the memo - it's actually okay because we then had a 5-minute period in each of those games where we stopped getting battered and created one or two chances.

I will say this too - all those games we were chasing a late goal to get something out of the game and we never ever looked like scoring. It's embarrassing how we just lumped the ball forward aimlessly for 15 minutes today - and didn't even nearly create one chance from it.

Rosie_titters

Post by Rosie_titters »

northbank123 wrote:
donaldo wrote:Man City,Liverpool,Chelsea ,Bayern and Spuds what have they all got in common? All 2-0 down :banghead:
You clearly didn't get the memo - it's actually okay because we then had a 5-minute period in each of those games where we stopped getting battered and created one or two chances.

I will say this too - all those games we were chasing a late goal to get something out of the game and we never ever looked like scoring. It's embarrassing how we just lumped the ball forward aimlessly for 15 minutes today - and didn't even nearly create one chance from it.

we get so fucking desperate, we land up playing Giroud and Mertesacker up front in the last 20 minutes - and to think we take the piss out of Stoke.

Its Up 4 Grabs Now

Post by Its Up 4 Grabs Now »

Granted I'm still half cut but anyone still believing Wenger can take us forward at this point has to be a delusional tosspot wanker surely. They were looking for that same 3rd man through-ball right from the off yet Wenger probably didn't even relaise what was happening even at 2-0 down. He can bang on about 30 years in management all fucking year long but today a guy basically half his age outwitted him with the most connect-the-dot bollocks tactics imaginable. Shove your 30 years up your arse until you choke on the last 8 you wanker.

£50m a year extra on wages & there we are resorting to pumping balls forward to fucking Mertesavker. Genius! What the fuck was that from the kick off at the start of the 2nd half? Why oh fucking why are we trying to step up against the likes of Monkeyfuck & Lennon making late runs from midfield. Fucking suicide. I wasn;t even a defender as a kid yet I remember being taught to positon yourself so as to see the angles at about 10 years old. Yet there Vermaelen is side-on to the ball like a retarded lemming. Fuck off. I guess all of that is purely down to Chelsea & citeh's pots of gold eh?!

I'm no great Ramsey fan & was dreading his inevitable inclusion at Podolski's expesnse but anyone on his back today hasn't got a clue. CM, left wing, RB... he was sent all over the shop & gave his all in every position. And he was far from the worst performer in any of them either.

What the fuck was Walcott doing all game? I'm all for him coming inside off the wing but he always comes in so early we end up with a huge empty void on the right & everything breaks down. The scum always play a high line, if he timed his runs right he could have been played in behind at will. How has no one grabbed hold of him yet & rammed it down his fucking throat.

This isn't even a good scum team yet there 7 points in the distance. No fucking way are we overturning that this year. FUCK. OFF

begeegs

Post by begeegs »

Wengerballs

Post by Wengerballs »

I'm totally ambivalent about this result. One the one hand I'm gutted to lose to the scum and be 7 points behind them (no St Totteringham's day this season?) but on the other I'm actually secretly delighted, because the more we lose the sooner the end to the Normandy invasion. And losing to the scum and finishing behind them should see the banners out and the chants for the end to the Phrench flounce....it should be the cue for revolt by all true gooners.

markyp

Post by markyp »

begeegs wrote:Absolutely love this...

http://metro.co.uk/2013/03/03/arsenal-f ... t-3523974/
would be funny if we had won but make us look like a sadder bunch of cnuts than we already are imho :oops:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Rosie_titters wrote:
northbank123 wrote:

we get so fucking desperate, we land up playing Giroud and Mertesacker up front in the last 20 minutes - and to think we take the piss out of Stoke.
Worst thing is that Mertesacker hasn't won a clean header in his entire career. The two goals he has scored have been free headers, and the one today was never going in until it hit Bale. We'd be better off sending Vermaelen up front although we'd then be reliant on Ole Lead Boots to mop up at the back.

We were largely the better team on balance and were very comfortable in possession until it got to the final ball in when nobody was offering. But instead of upping the tempo and committing more central midfielders to attack balls in we shoved the beanpole up front where he didn't win a single header and bypassed all the footballers who may have made something happen.

I would have probably got MOTM if my job was marking a statue and winning headers when I got a ten-yard run to attack the ball because we'd humped the ball and it wasn't even reaching the area.

donaldo

Post by donaldo »

Tweet from the editor of the Gooner :

"We were the better team for 92 of the 97 minutes"

I give up

Eboue-Why?

Post by Eboue-Why? »

There was a moment in the first half when I thought we'd all got our wish. When we went 2 down and those handjobs started singing they wanted Wenger to stay and our fans started singing back, I thought they were singing 'Arsene Wenger, you know what to do' i.e. resign. Should have known better really.

Anyway, as for the game, well if you keep that lump of French crap on the pitch for 90 mins without realising just how little he gives you up top, or play your potential game changer on the left wing, or you take Jenkinson off (assuming he wasn't injured) and put Ramsey there instead......need I continue?
Whenever the camera went to him today, I genuinely thought I had developed Tourettes. Why can't he accept that he just hasn't got it anymore? Why can't he do the honourable thing?
He as nothing left to give. Just go, please

Top Londoner

Post by Top Londoner »

Actually not as disappointed as I would normally be. The game went to plan really. Tippy, tappy possession football for half an hour, then fuck up - twice.
Jenkinson was good and I'm happy for him, and Wenger lived up to his reputation. :oops:
I watched three sunday league games in the local park beforehand and I discovered some lovely ales in my new boozer in my new town. I had some banter with some toilet supporting Tractor boys and devoured a fucking cracking roast dinner.

FUCK OFF ARSENSE. The sunday league defending put our lot to shame.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

donaldo wrote:Tweet from the editor of the Gooner :

I give up
Exactly - there are always excuses for those who wish to find them.

2nd goal should have been a foul.
We were by far the better team.
We're missing key players with injury.

At the end of the day they were fucking poor and still looked more likely to score than us - the only chances we had fell to Ramsey and Giroud who both shat their pants for long enough to allow defenders to recover and then dragged their efforts.

augie

Post by augie »

donaldo wrote:Tweet from the editor of the Gooner :

I give up

As in our editor ?? :shock:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Eboue-Why? wrote:There was a moment in the first half when I thought we'd all got our wish. When we went 2 down and those handjobs started singing they wanted Wenger to stay and our fans started singing back, I thought they were singing 'Arsene Wenger, you know what to do' i.e. resign. Should have known better really.

Anyway, as for the game, well if you keep that lump of French crap on the pitch for 90 mins without realising just how little he gives you up top, or play your potential game changer on the left wing, or you take Jenkinson off (assuming he wasn't injured) and put Ramsey there instead......need I continue?
Whenever the camera went to him today, I genuinely thought I had developed Tourettes. Why can't he accept that he just hasn't got it anymore? Why can't he do the honourable thing?
What?? Are you sure? You mean the 'good shift' that never existed to start with was missing again today? Surely not. Its not his fault he's not RvP.....ahh diddums. Pay no attention to the nasty men Olivier.....you're having a great first season....where's the 5 year contract extension and 80k per week contract.

HE DOES ABSOLUTELY FUCK ALL WEEK AFTER WEEK AND IS THE FINAL FUCKING SIGN THAT WENGER HAS LOST THE FUCKING PLOT.

What part of signing a useless piece of shit from Ligue 1 in Gervinho sees you want to repeat the trick the following year when you sell one of Europe's finest and replace him with a bloke equally as bad

My only fucking hope is that Wenger has entered the videos of Giroud and Gervinho into You've Been Framed's clip of the week competition and fucks off safe in the knowledge that he has won a trophy of some sorts (and £200)

clockend90

Post by clockend90 »

Giroud was absolutely shocking today.

every move he was involved in he fucked it up.
he should have been bought off early on..

Vermaerlen was even worse. a complete liabilty this year and has cost us so many points

Eboue-Why?

Post by Eboue-Why? »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Eboue-Why? wrote:There was a moment in the first half when I thought we'd all got our wish. When we went 2 down and those handjobs started singing they wanted Wenger to stay and our fans started singing back, I thought they were singing 'Arsene Wenger, you know what to do' i.e. resign. Should have known better really.

What?? Are you sure? You mean the 'good shift' that never existed to start with was missing again today? Surely not. Its not his fault he's not RvP.....ahh diddums. Pay no attention to the nasty men Olivier.....you're having a great first season....where's the 5 year contract extension and 80k per week contract.

HE DOES ABSOLUTELY FUCK ALL WEEK AFTER WEEK AND IS THE FINAL FUCKING SIGN THAT WENGER HAS LOST THE FUCKING PLOT.

What part of signing a useless piece of shit from Ligue 1 in Gervinho sees you want to repeat the trick the following year when you sell one of Europe's finest and replace him with a bloke equally as bad

My only fucking hope is that Wenger has entered the videos of Giroud and Gervinho into You've Been Framed's clip of the week competition and fucks off safe in the knowledge that he has won a trophy of some sorts (and £200)
Steve, I'm seriously concerned for you matey. Take deep breaths in....and out....and in.....
We don't want to lose you at such a young healthy age :wink: