Infamous Flamini wanted by Birmingham

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DanielD

Infamous Flamini wanted by Birmingham

Post by DanielD »

Note: The site this is taken from is Tribal football so it's not so sure:

Arsenal midfielder Mathieu Flamini is in the sights of Birmingham City boss Steve Bruce.
The Frenchman can force the issue with Arsenal thanks to a new FIFA rule which allows a player to buy out the last 12 months of their contract. He clashed with boss Arsene Wenger last season when refusing to play at left-back and has been frustrated at frequently being out of the team.

Legal adviser Alexandra Missirli said: "Mathieu is in talks with several clubs and will soon be making his decision."

DB10GOONER

Re: Infamous Flamini wanted by Birmingham

Post by DB10GOONER »

Bye bye FlimFlam.
:wink:
I won't miss him to be honest. He was pretty poor technique-wise. An honest trier though, and he had a good run on the way to the CL final. But he was just not good enough really. :(

I wish him well. :)

T.S

Post by T.S »

Who?

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

tonysaunders wrote:Who?
FlimFlam. You must remember. Poor technique, poor passer, bit iffy in the tackle, fancied himself as a midfielder but was barely able to run up and down the wing from a left back position? :wink:

You must remember him. Think Gilles Grimandi without the guts and heart.

Actually, f*ck that, I retract that - we should never insult the Grimster by comparing him to FlimFlam. :oops:

"Oi, Davids! I'm coming for you, you horrible little spud dwarf! You will not be scoring here today! Choppy chop chop - you crunt!" :lol: 8) :lol:

Jaysus, bit of a flash back to that "tackle". 8)

Hmmmm... magic.

T.S

Post by T.S »

I was being facetious, my friend :wink:

Galasso

Post by Galasso »

DB10GOONER wrote:
tonysaunders wrote:Who?
FlimFlam. You must remember. Poor technique, poor passer, bit iffy in the tackle, fancied himself as a midfielder but was barely able to run up and down the wing from a left back position? :wink:

You must remember him. Think Gilles Grimandi without the guts and heart.

Actually, f*ck that, I retract that - we should never insult the Grimster by comparing him to FlimFlam. :oops:
Are you being serious? If yes, please forgive me..

If not...

We are taliking about the Flamini who played his heart and soul out for this club at left back, do everything he could to help the club reach the Champions League Final and keep us in contention in the top four. He performed with distinction and honour, and has since shown no small amount of dignity...something somw of our other players could learn from....Not least the man who took his place in The European Cup Final.

This is a young man from another country not playing regularly for the team, but came in to this position and performed admirably.

For me, if he leaves, he leaves with my best wishes. I do not rate him as a midfielder, but I don't believe he is the worst either. I believe we owe him not to put him in the category of the Eddie McGoldrick's of this world.

Our vitriol surely has more worthy contenders. :evil:

I Hate Hleb

I'D LIKE TO TEACH THE WORLD TO SING, IN PERFECT HARMONY!

Post by I Hate Hleb »

GALASSO,

SURELY THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN: 'ARE YOU SERIOUS? IF NOT, PLEASE FORGIVE ME. IF SO ......'

NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND? :? (YOU SEE TONY SAUNDERS, IT'S NOT JUST YOUNGSTERS I'M WILLING TO TEACH!!). :roll: :wink:

I THINK DB10 GOONER WAS JUST CONTINUING THE GOOD COMEDY TRADITIONS THAT HAVE BEEN PREVALENT ON THIS WEBSITE. AS WELL AS SERIOUS TOPICAL DEBATE, WE LIKE TO HAVE A LAUGH SOMETIMES! YOU SHOULD KNOW THAT BY NOW WITH SOME OF THE GREAT COMIC POSTS YOU HAVE CONTRIBUTED. :lol:

SORRY, WHAT? YOU WERE BEING SERIOUS? OOPS!! :lol: :wink:
Last edited by I Hate Hleb on Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Galasso

Post by Galasso »

The what is serious with the who now??

Ouch, my head hurts...of course you are spot on :wink:

It's the time of the month. It tampers with my ability to post coherent sentences on this forum

FLAMINI (AT LEFT BACK) RULES :!:

T.S

Re: I'D LIKE TO TEACH THE WORLD TO SING, IN PERFECT HARMONY!

Post by T.S »

I Hate Hleb wrote:
YOU SEE TONY SAUNDERS, IT'S NOT JUST YOUNGSTERS I'M WILL TO TEACH!!). :roll: :wink:
OK...

Eboue Can't Defend

Post by Eboue Can't Defend »

Galasso wrote:It's the time of the month. It tampers with my ability to post coherent sentences on this forum:!:
Good old Galasso, ALWAYS ULTRA in his comments. I don't quite remember who gave this particular theme its WINGS (I think it was me on another thread :oops: ), but it's turned into an ABSORBING subject, none-the-less. :roll:

Initially, I wasn't sure whether or not to offer a prize for the best pun - it was going to be a TENA - but thought better of it after consulting my psychiatrist. :x

In DR.WHITES' opinion, it would not be good BODYFORM to behave like that. His recommendation is that I LILLETS the whole idea come to a natural end. :shock: :cry:

Bleeding obvious, really! :wink: :lol:

Galasso

Post by Galasso »

:) :)

I try to discharge my duties in fair manner.

But I think Dr.Whites has a point. If this goes on, then everyrone on the forum is likely to become tired of it. Others will find the whole thing irritating, perhaps driving them to tears?

I have to go now - my breasts hurt :oops:

Eboue Can't Defend

Post by Eboue Can't Defend »

Galasso,

Talk about milking it!! :wink:

Chopper

Post by Chopper »

Can't believe I missed such an intelligent thread.

That will teach me for chasing some bird down the road who was rollerskating with her dogs!

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Where to start!!

Yeah, I was being a bit "comic". I respect FlimFlam as a trier and a decent bloke, but he was pretty poor as a player. I wish the man well.

Raging I missed the female hygene pun thread - some top stuff there. Almost on par with the recent Breast-gate punning debacle that we all enjoyed so much. :wink: :lol: 8)

Absolutely raging I missed this one, losing me rag I am! :wink:

(I hope you use the word "rag" for tampons in England or that last desperate pun will mean nothing - er until you read this...) :roll: :?

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

tonysaunders wrote:I was being facetious, my friend :wink:
So was I! :wink: