Emirates Cup 2013/Galatasary and Trouble at Overseas Games

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
SamiS

Re: Emirates Cup 2013/Galatasary and Trouble at Overseas Gam

Post by SamiS »

Gala
Napoli
Porto

mediocre teams...

with gala and napoli herd must be ejaculating with joy...

Hooligan wankers...

UlsterGooner

Post by UlsterGooner »

Has this come from someone from inside the club

Paolo_Gooner

Post by Paolo_Gooner »

Napoli is 100% official

Herd

Post by Herd »

SamiS wrote:Gala
Napoli
Porto
mediocre teams...
with gala and napoli herd must be ejaculating with joy...
Hooligan wankers...
You have some obsession to ***** a hooligan ? Are u a Chelsea fan,they had a Gay fest some years ago ,got raided with TV cameras .C18 in bed with each other ,UUUUURGH !

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

Paolo_Gooner wrote:Napoli is 100% official
welcome to the forum.
8)

highburyJD

Post by highburyJD »

would absolutely love to draw Napoli in the CL...

Eng1n33r

Post by Eng1n33r »

Hi all,

This is my first post, I was following the threads for a while without being a member, but I felt the need to reply.

I'm a Galatasaray fan, have been an active part of ultrAslan since it is founded officially by that name (If I'm not mistaken around 1999). I was part of the uA-Uni group earlier. Then after moving to Europe, I joined uA-Avrupa (Europe) group. I have been to countless home-away games.

What I'm doing here, I live in London, and favour Arsenal in EPL.

First, I must say, few months back, I was in Manchester United-GS game in Manchester, so do more than 10.000 Galatasaray fans. Thanks to our beloved club, they didn't allocate any ticket to fans in UK and Europe, and sold all away team tickets for fans travelling from Turkey, so myself and 20 of my friends, we sat in Man Utd. sections with GS scarfs and jerseys. Easily 1/3 of the North section we sat were actually GS fans. We were in front of Old Trafford before and after the game, celebrated and enjoyed the atmosphere with Man Utd. fans, nothing ever happened.

Anyway, I'm horrified to read some of the comments. It seems some people here do even think 2 people died in Copenhagen. They need to learn the facts first. These 2 people were Leeds fans (I know most of you know), but the main reason they were killed (with no justification from my side at all), was because they insulted Turkish flag, rub it in their arse and showed it to local people. Let me tell you one thing, if they weren't Leeds fans, and they were GS fans, they would be beaten to death or probably stabbed as well. If you don't know the culture, it is hard to judge, flag is the most important thing in Turkish culture, it is forbidden to put the flag to the ground, wear it, or insult it, as it represents the honour of Turks. So, it is a different story there. They also teared apart Turkish lira, which is also an insult as we have our founder Ataturk on the money, and due respect it is treated well. Bottom line is, they weren't killed for being a Leeds fan, they were killed for making the highest insult as possible, they are killed by a random person (who had multiple convictions, typical criminal) who happened to be GS fan (as Fenerbahce or Besiktas fans, wouldn't be around as it was a GS day out, and it was in Taksim square which is our base). He wasn't even a member of ultrAslan (by the way even if he was it doesn't change anything, ultrAslan is huge, with hundreds of thousands of active members all over the world, hard to find any larger organised fan organisation in the world). If anyone else had done the same things, might be a GS fan, could have been killed the same way. Again, no justification, but motive is not hooliganism there. I was in Istanbul when things happened by the way. They are dead, but they weren't the Saints either.

Regarding Copenhagen, of course you are seeing one side of the story, which is fair and fine, I wasn't there (couldn't afford as a student). Street fights have happened, 2 Gooners and 1 GS fan has been stabbed. When you read the Turkish newspapers, you see many Turkish journalists, people from GS team management, women has been beaten and injured as well. Some of the people attacked make £millions, you can't really say they were there to fight etc. So, there are 2 sides of the story.

All in all, I will say, Galatasaray fans do no hold grudge to any team other than Fenerbahce and Besiktas. We know we are hated by Leeds and Arsenal fans, be it I can't change that, but come on guys, there after so many years, still being stuck on a street fight, get over it. Stop acting with revenge.

I will be there in Emirates cup, will enjoy it, will probably come with friends Arsenal and Porto fans. I would suggest you the same. Even ultrAslan comes, so what? It is not a homogenic organisation, there are scums and there are CEO, CIOs of companies, journalists, all part of it. Tribunes are ultimate place of equality, you don't care who you are cheering and jumping with. If one, happens to be duschbag that doesn't mean, all is the same.

Do not take things happening in Galatasaray-Fenerbahce or Galatasaray-Besiktas games as a reference. Especially between GS-FB tension is so high, it doesn't matter if it is a wheelchair basketball, or rowing, or a under-16 games. If they wear the colours, that's enough reason to hate. It is different.

Who gives a sh*t about, a friendly game, or even a CL group game. We will come and watch. Nothing will happen unless people are attacked or provoked.

highburyJD

Post by highburyJD »

Thanks for posting, there are always two sides to these things
I'm sure posters here are telling the truth about bad times in Copenhagen
but it was a long time ago and I'm sure there will be faults on both sides
I hold no grudge against Gala, hope its a great day out

Eng1n33r

Post by Eng1n33r »

These are day tickets and we will get to watch both games at one go, right?

Dan_85

Post by Dan_85 »

AFC Press Release;
Emirates Cup returns for summer 2013

Arsenal PLC is delighted to announce that the Emirates Cup 2013 will be held on Saturday, August 3 and Sunday, August 4.

Joining the Gunners at Emirates Stadium for this summer’s pre-season money-maker will be Portuguese "giants" FC Porto, Serie A’s Napoli and Turkish scumbags Galatasaray.

The Club’s annual pre-season fund-raiser was postponed last season due to London’s hosting of the Olympic Games, but returns for a sixth time this summer.

The Emirates Cup 2013 kicks off at 2pm on Saturday, August 3 with former Gunner, shit dancer and AKB/Twitter-mong cult hero Emmanuel Eboue’s Galatasaray taking on FC Porto. Arsenal then face last season’s Coppa Italia winners Napoli at 4.20pm.

On Sunday, August 4, Napoli host FC Porto (2pm) before the Gunners bring the tournament to a close against Galatasaray (4.20pm).

Teams will be awarded three points for a win, one point for a draw and one for original dance routines. Teams will lose one point for every opposition fan stabbed.

The competition also rewards attacking play, with teams being awarded one point for each goal they score. In addition, shots on target will be taken into account and will be used to decide the tournament winners if teams are level on points and goal difference, the Emirates Cup trophy will be sold to the highest bidder on Sunday, August 4.

Arsenal chief executive Ivan Gazidis said: “We are delighted to be welcoming the Emirates Cup back to north London this summer after, missing an opportunity to milk fans & tourists last year.

"We are welcoming three high-quality sides, reducing our chances of winning it, and plenty of scumbag fans to this year’s competition and we don't really if true Arsenal fans have a problem with this. Most importantly, I’m sure we’ll make lots of money over the two days.

“Emirates has been the proud sponsor of the tournament since the inaugural competition in 2007 and we are very pleased to bank their money again for the Emirates Cup 2013.”

"The competition is always a great opportunity for the Arsenal fans to spend lots of money on overpriced shit in The Armoury and we’re looking forward to boosting our bank balance once again."

Full ticket information and all possible ways for you to give us your money will be available on Arsenal.com in due course.
:popcorn:

Chippy

Post by Chippy »

Dan_85 wrote:AFC Press Release;
Emirates Cup returns for summer 2013

Arsenal PLC is delighted to announce that the Emirates Cup 2013 will be held on Saturday, August 3 and Sunday, August 4.

Joining the Gunners at Emirates Stadium for this summer’s pre-season money-maker will be Portuguese "giants" FC Porto, Serie A’s Napoli and Turkish scumbags Galatasaray.

The Club’s annual pre-season fund-raiser was postponed last season due to London’s hosting of the Olympic Games, but returns for a sixth time this summer.

The Emirates Cup 2013 kicks off at 2pm on Saturday, August 3 with former Gunner, shit dancer and AKB/Twitter-mong cult hero Emmanuel Eboue’s Galatasaray taking on FC Porto. Arsenal then face last season’s Coppa Italia winners Napoli at 4.20pm.

On Sunday, August 4, Napoli host FC Porto (2pm) before the Gunners bring the tournament to a close against Galatasaray (4.20pm).

Teams will be awarded three points for a win, one point for a draw and one for original dance routines. Teams will lose one point for every opposition fan stabbed.

The competition also rewards attacking play, with teams being awarded one point for each goal they score. In addition, shots on target will be taken into account and will be used to decide the tournament winners if teams are level on points and goal difference, the Emirates Cup trophy will be sold to the highest bidder on Sunday, August 4.

Arsenal chief executive Ivan Gazidis said: “We are delighted to be welcoming the Emirates Cup back to north London this summer after, missing an opportunity to milk fans & tourists last year.

"We are welcoming three high-quality sides, reducing our chances of winning it, and plenty of scumbag fans to this year’s competition and we don't really if true Arsenal fans have a problem with this. Most importantly, I’m sure we’ll make lots of money over the two days.

“Emirates has been the proud sponsor of the tournament since the inaugural competition in 2007 and we are very pleased to bank their money again for the Emirates Cup 2013.”

"The competition is always a great opportunity for the Arsenal fans to spend lots of money on overpriced shit in The Armoury and we’re looking forward to boosting our bank balance once again."

Full ticket information and all possible ways for you to give us your money will be available on Arsenal.com in due course.
:popcorn:
:coffeespit: :coffeespit:

ClockEndNick

Post by ClockEndNick »

--
Last edited by ClockEndNick on Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

mattyb

Post by mattyb »

Eng1n33r wrote:These are day tickets and we will get to watch both games at one go, right?

Yes tickets are for the day or you can buy for both days ...

highburyJD

Post by highburyJD »

I'm well up for it, with no big tournaments I'll have fitba withdrawal symptoms