The What Was The Point of Viviano Signing Thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Herd

Re: Viviano Signs

Post by Herd »

augie wrote:I still point back to the signing of viviano as being the most nonsensical signing wenker has made in the past decade :roll: People mocked the signing of inamoto and suggested that it was a marketing move but at least there was some plan behind it........why the fcuk did we sign this guy ? :?
Inamoto was signed by Dein not Wenger .
Yaya Sonagol was signed by Wenger

augie

Post by augie »

Herd wrote:
augie wrote:I still point back to the signing of viviano as being the most nonsensical signing wenker has made in the past decade :roll: People mocked the signing of inamoto and suggested that it was a marketing move but at least there was some plan behind it........why the fcuk did we sign this guy ? :?
Inamoto was signed by Dein not Wenger .
Yaya Sonagol was signed by Wenger

Yeah but le postman has played more than viviano this season and he has been inj for all bar two weeks since he joined :roll:

augie

Post by augie »

g88ner wrote:
Eh? more nonsensical than Park? :shock: :o

We signed a 3rd choice 'keeper on loan. I can't say that concerns me too much.

Now Park there's a weird signing! :oops: :lol: ... bloody hell, we needed a striker and Wenger signed this guy! :o told us all he was top quality, then told us he had an adaption period, then loaned him out, then let him rot in the reserves. He's still only ever made one sub appearance in the league, hasn't he? bonkers!!! :-P

I agree and I am not going to start defending his signings (god forbid :wink: ) but again you could say with some level of confidence that park was signed as a marketing tool for our Asian market - that's not me agreeing with that philosophy either but merely recognising it's probable existence

Signing a 3rd choice keeper and ignoring him is no big deal and I accept that but signing a 3rd choice keeper on loan and not playing him at all is pointless - how is he going to prove himself good enough for permanent deal without competitive action ? Flaps is by all accounts top drawer in training but in matches he makes frequent rash decisions so training alone cannot show if viviano is good enough. Unless he signs a new deal, flaps will be out of here in 6 months time so why play him ahead of viviano in the lge cup ?

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

augie wrote:
g88ner wrote:

Now Park there's a weird signing! :oops: :lol: ... bloody hell, we needed a striker and Wenger signed this guy! :o told us all he was top quality, then told us he had an adaption period, then loaned him out, then let him rot in the reserves. He's still only ever made one sub appearance in the league, hasn't he? bonkers!!! :-P

I agree and I am not going to start defending his signings (god forbid :wink: ) but again you could say with some level of confidence that park was signed as a marketing tool for our Asian market - that's not me agreeing with that philosophy either but merely recognising it's probable existence

Signing a 3rd choice keeper and ignoring him is no big deal and I accept that but signing a 3rd choice keeper on loan and not playing him at all is pointless - how is he going to prove himself good enough for permanent deal without competitive action ? Flaps is by all accounts top drawer in training but in matches he makes frequent rash decisions so training alone cannot show if viviano is good enough. Unless he signs a new deal, flaps will be out of here in 6 months time so why play him ahead of viviano in the lge cup ?
Go on mate, PLEASE defend the signing of Park :D - you could be right about a marketing tool, but I reckon we've pissed off half of South Korea by signing their captain and basically prevented him from being a footballer in a world cup year! :o :lol:

As for Viviano - it's only November so who knows? he may well do a Stuart Taylor or Manninger and seriously contribute to our title winning season :D - Flappy may be 2nd choice, but with his injury record, I wouldn't count on him to take his chance if Chesney gets injured.

brazilianGOONER

Post by brazilianGOONER »

g88ner wrote:Flappy may be 2nd choice, but with his injury record, I wouldn't count on him to take his chance if Chesney gets injured.
neither would I.

even if he takes his chance, there's a big chance he'll drop it on some striker's feet :lol: :lol:

Herd

Post by Herd »

It rather depends how much we are paying him .
5/10 k a week No worries
10/15 K mmmm

15/20 worrying

Wenger minimum wage is currently 30 k Yaya is on it so is jenkinson and I say wtf !

Post by 1989 »

g88ner wrote:
augie wrote:
g88ner wrote:

Go on mate, PLEASE defend the signing of Park :D - you could be right about a marketing tool, but I reckon we've pissed off half of South Korea by signing their captain and basically prevented him from being a footballer in a world cup year! :o :lol:
People from Park's country will especially resent Wenger for effectively ruining his Korea.

I'll get my coat.

Swifty

Post by Swifty »

1989 wrote:People from Park's country will especially resent Wenger for effectively ruining his Korea.

I'll get my coat.
champagne comedy right there!

Red Gunner

Post by Red Gunner »

1989 wrote:People from Park's country will especially resent Wenger for effectively ruining his Korea.

I'll get my coat.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAryFIuRxmQ

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Seriously though. Has anyone ever actually seen this guy? :rubchin: I'm thinking this is some sort of complex money laundering operation...

:D

p206ab

Post by p206ab »

DB10GOONER wrote:Seriously though. Has anyone ever actually seen this guy? :rubchin: I'm thinking this is some sort of complex money laundering operation...

He played for U21 against Sunderland, the score was Arsenal 1 - 5 Sunderland.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/priceyd101/11177394913/

I think we are better off with Flappy.

Red Gunner

Post by Red Gunner »

DB10GOONER wrote:Seriously though. Has anyone ever actually seen this guy? :rubchin: I'm thinking this is some sort of complex money laundering operation...

The plot thickens...

DB10GOONER

Re:

Post by DB10GOONER »

Red Gunner wrote:

The plot thickens...
:shock:

Oh.

My.

God.

SteveO 35

Re:

Post by SteveO 35 »

Red Gunner wrote:

The plot thickens...
In Dolly the Sheep style I think Red Member has been in a lab somewhere cloning his favourite keeper !

Watch out for Denilson and Djourou clones coming our way soon :D

singwordssosad

Post by singwordssosad »

I quite like him tbh, it was always a shame Alex was sold on.