Hidden message in Arsenal’s white kit publicity? (21/6)

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
gooner.ed
Site Admin

Hidden message in Arsenal’s white kit publicity? (21/6)

Post by gooner.ed »

and the answer is... which player is sitting nearest the exit?

Sammy Mooner

Post by Sammy Mooner »

I'd have thought there should be a question rather than an answer. How, even with the aid of 'Photoshop', did a photographer manage to take a photo of the platform from the position of the third rail?

I Hate Hleb

Re: Hidden message in Arsenal’s white kit publicity? (21/6)

Post by I Hate Hleb »

gooner.ed wrote:and the answer is... which player is sitting nearest the exit?
THE MIGHTY GOONER.ED,

DON'T WANT TO BE PEDANTIC OR ANYTHING - NO, REALLY, I DON'T. BUT THAT IS A QUESTION - NOT AN ANSWER!! :wink:

P.S. IS THERE A PRIZE?? :lol:

OH SHIT! I'VE JUST SEEN THAT SAMMY MOONER BEAT ME TO THE PUNCH! AS THE SAYING GOES...GREAT MINDS AND ALL THAT!! :wink:

U.F.G Anfield '89

Post by U.F.G Anfield '89 »

the whole proverb actually goes: Great minds think alike but fools seldom differ. (sorry sammy)
Just kidding :lol:

Eboue Can't Defend

Post by Eboue Can't Defend »

Ah, that was a bit harsh on Hleby, wasn't it U.F.G '89?

My mother used to have a saying: "If what you have to say is not more beautiful than silence - then shut the f*ck up!!"

Fair enough. I've not spoken to the bitch in years! :wink: :lol:

Pab27

Post by Pab27 »

anyone enjoy this shot more? it looks so bloody stupid

http://www.arsenal.com/images/a/awaykit ... norama.jpg

Pab27

Post by Pab27 »

i feel a caption competition coming on...

sebasvard

who's nearest the exit...

Post by sebasvard »

That answer was a bit obvious. A more telling point is that Gilberto is The Invisible Wall between evil Thierry and our talented young players, represented here by Theo and Cesc. Gilberto is the rightful heir of the captaincy and would prevent Henry coldly staring out our young guns every game 8)

ashm20

Gilberto - The perfect blend

Post by ashm20 »

Another subliminal message is that Gilberto seems to be the perfect mix of youth an experience. He sits between Henry and our young guns, a part of the older half of the photo but wearing what are clearly kids socks! Had only 3 pairs of adult socks been made up to then??

My Left Foot

Post by My Left Foot »

Another interpretation....theyre all leaving us on the next train!!!

God forbid.... :shock:

GaryThwaites

Post by GaryThwaites »

To continue the theme... you'll notice that Henry is also the only player in the panoramic shot looking down the platform for the next train out of there. I also wonder what Ade is looking for on the tube map in the background. Perhaps a station called "the back of the net" as he certainly seemed to have trouble finding it at times last season.

GaryThwaites

Post by GaryThwaites »

To continue the theme... you'll notice that Henry is also the only player in the panoramic shot looking down the platform for the next train out of there. I also wonder what Ade is looking for on the tube map in the background. Perhaps a station called "the back of the net" as he certainly seemed to have trouble finding it at times last season.