Jack Wilshere

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
goonersid

Re: Jack Wilshere: Over-Rated Talent?

Post by goonersid »

I Hate Hleb wrote:I agree with Mark and Lefty and have thus made an alteration of the thread title that keeps the essence of what the 'infidel' goonersid was trying to say, but without the implied insult. 8)
Fucking disgraceful piece of censorship, and how is it an insult to suggest he is over rated?
I didn't fancy us against the Chavs when he was available, but reckon we now have a much better chance, with the "powder puff weakest link" absent.

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

goonersid wrote:
I Hate Hleb wrote:I agree with Mark and Lefty and have thus made an alteration of the thread title that keeps the essence of what the 'infidel' goonersid was trying to say, but without the implied insult. 8)
Fucking disgraceful piece of censorship, and how is it an insult to suggest he is over rated?
I didn't fancy us against the Chavs when he was available, but reckon we now have a much better chance, with the "powder puff weakest link" absent.
I like jack for the passion he clearly has for the club, but im starting to question his overall abilities. He gets the ball and just runs like a headless chicken. How Cazorla, Rosicky, etc cant get in the team before him, il never know.

I Hate Hleb

Post by I Hate Hleb »

goonersid wrote:
Censorship? :shock: :coffeespit: You say that you're only suggesting that he is over-rated. The new thread title still posed this question but in a way less unpalatable to other gooners on here. So why the indignation? :? The only reason for you to be upset is if you deliberately made the thread title a provocative one. Otherwise, where is the harm? :rubchin: None of your posts have been edited and you've made your point of view on Jack Wilshere more than clear - often bumping this thread even when there were more appropriate places to put a post.

Anyway, feel free to complain to the appropriate people if you wish.

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

I Hate Hleb wrote:
goonersid wrote:
Censorship? :shock: :coffeespit: You say that you're only suggesting that he is over-rated. The new thread title still posed this question but in a way less unpalatable to other gooners on here. So why the indignation? :? The only reason for you to be upset is if you deliberately made the thread title a provocative one. Otherwise, where is the harm? :rubchin: None of your posts have been edited and you've made your point of view on Jack Wilshere more than clear - often bumping this thread even when there were more appropriate places to put a post.

Anyway, feel free to complain to the appropriate people if you wish.
By the new title, are you suggesting that Owen was over rated? if so maybe he was, but he still could do the business against top level opponents, I remember a cup final where he won it single handedly. Or maybe the hidden message in your title is more cryptic :? Or has Owen had the cheek to question the saviour of English football's ability.
As for being deliberately provocative :? I can't see how :? as I do think he is the most over rated player in the epl (by the english media and many on here)Open your eyes, he does virtually fuck all other than fall over, run around a lot and give the ball away, but hey he is a real gooner, pity he can't walk the fucking walk, and makes the headlines for just about everything other than playing well.
As for bumping the thread :roll: I don't see how there can be a more suitable place to post a thread on this over rated players performances and behaviour, than on a thread questioning just that.
Fact is Hlebby, you are a watery :censored: when it comes to any sort of controversy, I won't bother to complain though, what would be the fucking point. :roll:

I Hate Hleb

Re: Michael Owen's "Jack Wiltshire" Thread

Post by I Hate Hleb »

First of all the facts: I didn't change the title to the current one - that was Quartz - so your curious rant about Michael Owen is not only invalid, but beside the point of what is being discussed. :oops: And even if it had been me, what the hell has Owen's past record and the fact he scored against us got to do with anything? :? :oops: :roll:

Secondly: if you think Wilshere has played bad in a particular match, that match thread is the relevant one to put the comment in to, not dragging up a thread that has slipped down the page only to use it as an excuse to hammer home your original viewpoint. Similarly, if you think that Wilshere is wrong to appeal an FA punishment and there isn't a thread discussing it, start one and state your reasons why. That is a totally separate matter to whether or not you think Wilshere is over-rated by the English media, gooners or even God himself!! :banghead:

And although I've known and pleasured a lot of moist pussies, what the feck is a 'watery *word censored*'? Is that supposed to be some sort of insult questioning my integrity? :rubchin: Or is it the size of my balls? Because I can assure you that you'd be wrong on both counts!! :roll: If you think that I done this or indeed any other act to 'avoid controversy' then you obviously haven't been paying attention to my persona on here over the past few years. :roll: No, I had a genuine distain for the chosen thread title, and so did other gooners on here, so I changed it but without losing the point you wanted to make. As already explained, the subsequent change was not down to me.

Finally, as for the 'no point in complaining' line, there is always a point in complaining, providing your reasons are heartfelt and based in fact. So if you feel I've stepped out of line I urge you to go ahead and complain. Alternatively, you could stop taking yourself (and indeed this place) so seriously. :roll:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

All a bit of a storm in a teacup gents.

Although to add to the storm and put my two pence in :lol: I didn't really see a problem with the title. Although many posters disagreed strongly with it, a lot of people certainly felt there was a lot of merit behind the suggestion even if they didn't necessarily agree that Wilshere was the most overrated player around.

Didn't seem overly antagonistic to me (title seemed to fairly reflect a genuine viewpoint) and to be fair evoked some quite interesting posts with a range of views and people finding themselves on opposing sides to what they normally would be.

With that reasoning seems a bit needless to change it merely because a number of people disagree but can't say it particularly offends me.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Can we liven this debate up a bit by calling each other turncoat wankers

ALL TURNCOAT WANKERS.......WE'RE ALL A BUNCH OF TURNCOAT WANKERS

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

armchair

Re: Jack Wilshere: Over-Rated?

Post by armchair »

Just to throw my two bobs worth in...

Theres no excuse for changing a members thread title unless its against forum rules. End of.

To change a members thread title without first consulting that member is an abuse of mod powers.

I for one did not like the title of this thread and feel the current title is more appropriate, however I find it amazing that mods can change other members thread titles as and when they see fit.

I propose that the thread title be changed to its original asap.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Yeah it was the same when i started a wonderful entertaining and informative thread about alleged players coming in out of our club in a certain gap in the close season 8) ,and the day after the aforementioned gap in the close season was closed,so too was my wonderful entertaining and informative thread,and then another thread on the same lines was opened by a mod. :wink:

Im just saying.

brazilianGOONER

Post by brazilianGOONER »

"fucking disgraceful piece of censorship"

:coffeespit:

sid you should live in brazil in the military regime years mate :lol:

Theoperator

Post by Theoperator »

armchair supporter wrote:Just to throw my two bobs worth in...

Theres no excuse for changing a members thread title unless its against forum rules. End of.

To change a members thread title without first consulting that member is an abuse of mod powers.

I for one did not like the title of this thread and feel the current title is more appropriate, however I find it amazing that mods can change other members thread titles as and when they see fit.

I think you are missing the point mate, many of us were unhappy at the thread title, theres a few references to that through the thread.

What the mods do here it seems is join threads up to stop the board getting junked up with 3 reply threads. AVB sacke joining up with the Scum thread is a recent one for example.

The Bendtner thread got renamed after someone asked for it to change- its surely more about efficiency/ overall mood at the time than "Censorship" The original titles are there to be seen its not wiped from memory :?

Mods have a hard time on forums, its (I imagine) unpaid work and as ever you are damned if you do and damned (sometimes by the same people :lol: :lol: :roll: ) if you dont

I Hate Hleb

Post by I Hate Hleb »

Thank you for your defence of mods Theo but you are wrong mate -we get paid loads of money for doing fuck all. :barscarf: Upsetting the regulars and spoiling threads is just an unintended but welcome bonus. 8) :wink: :lol: :lol: :wink:

armchair

Post by armchair »

Theoperator wrote:
armchair supporter wrote:Just to throw my two bobs worth in...

I think you are missing the point mate, many of us were unhappy at the thread title, theres a few references to that through the thread.

What the mods do here it seems is join threads up to stop the board getting junked up with 3 reply threads. AVB sacke joining up with the Scum thread is a recent one for example.

The Bendtner thread got renamed after someone asked for it to change- its surely more about efficiency/ overall mood at the time than "Censorship" The original titles are there to be seen its not wiped from memory :?

Mods have a hard time on forums, its (I imagine) unpaid work and as ever you are damned if you do and damned (sometimes by the same people :lol: :lol: :roll: ) if you dont
Dont think so. Think you're missing the point.
So fuck if other members didnt like the title? Happens all the time.
I dont like some thread titles and lots of posts. Does not give mods the right to arbitrarily change another members post/thread title unless it breaks forum rules.

Can someone tell me where sids thread title was breaking forum rules?

We've had IHH change it. Then Quartz changed it.
Members threads are not playthings for mods to fuck about with. This forum belongs to all of us and it may sound trivial but I would be very pissed off if mods started fucking about with my thread titles just because they didn't like it or because another member didnt like it.
By all means change thread titles if they break forum rules or merge multiple threads on the same subject.
Otherwise leave them to fuck alone. They are not yours to mess with

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

Yes.

armchair

Post by armchair »

clockender1 wrote:Yes.
Unfortunately I have to agree. But hopeful that he'll be a truly great player for us......

Or City maybe. :oops: