Sunlun Game

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
corkbarry

Re: Sunlun Game

Post by corkbarry »

The 2 games that i watched the Mackems played better football than their PL team :D

Goose

Post by Goose »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
I Hate Hleb wrote:
augie wrote:
Goose wrote:A bump in the thread and a final call for players.

We had the following volunteers and I don't think one of us is under 40 but one thing we do possess is great mental strength - what I mean by that is we are mental:
Goose
Number5
Lefty
Lefty'a mate

Franksav63 (and his tracksuit)
Goose
Leftfootlegend
Leftfootlegends mate

Steveo35

I could probably rustle up a player or 2 but we could do with some younger fellas. As I am not down with the kids does anyone else know of any youngun's (no Saville jokes please)

Need responses before Monday or it looks like we would have to challenge the mackams to a paper, scissors, stone comp.

You have lefty and his mate down twice :shock: Probably wouldn't make a decent player between the 4 of them :lol:
:coffeespit: :coffeespit: :coffeespit:
Oh yeah when I was the only one that looked like a player :roll:

Come and watch ladies, I'll show you a great first touch and tbf in the warm up I smashed about 5 30 yarders in, that's further than the rest of the team that can kick a ball put together :wink:

Anyhow any of you that want to turn up please do so, and Augie I set you up from a yard out 3 years ago and you missed, well saying that you did manage to kick the post and then sub yourself :roll: :lol:

"Oh yeah when I was the only one that looked like a player"

A dart player??? :wink:

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

Talk is cheap lads, I see a lot of bottle jobs on here, you lot are more like the real Arsenal than you think :wink:

Come on boys get up for this, dust off your boots and get out there, disappointed boys tbf, disappointed :roll: :lol:

I can bring 2 players if need be.

Number 5

Post by Number 5 »

Still up for this, but we're kinda running out of time it looks like. Would we even get a pitch at this late stage?

I'm playing against the Arsenal Ex-pro and Celebrity XI the next day so have booked Monday off to spend all day in the bath with my rubber duckie.

LeftfootlegendGooner

Number 5 wrote:Still up for this, but we're kinda running out of time it looks like. Would we even get a pitch at this late stage?

I'm playing against the Arsenal Ex-pro and Celebrity XI the next day so have booked Monday off to spend all day in the bath with my rubber duckie.
Nice one mate, I played against that side 7 years ago, was a brilliant day :barscarf:

Number 5

Post by Number 5 »

Anyone decent show up Left?

I think we've got Paul Davis and Chris Whyte confirmed. Other than that there seems to be about another 10 from a possible 50 that could turn up on the day.

Arsenal players aside, I'm really hoping Tony Hadley puts in an appearance.

Gold.

burns718

Post by burns718 »

Would we be able to get a pitch?

LeftfootlegendGooner

Number 5 wrote:Anyone decent show up Left?

I think we've got Paul Davis and Chris Whyte confirmed. Other than that there seems to be about another 10 from a possible 50 that could turn up on the day.

Arsenal players aside, I'm really hoping Tony Hadley puts in an appearance.

Gold.
I am going to dig out the program and give you the line up mate.

Goose

Post by Goose »

Looks like this is a no go which is a shame as it's a good opportunity to share a beer with a few forum members and put some faces to the names that have been hurling abuse at each other throughout the year :(

I suppose we will have to wait for the BBQ :)

As the last game I am happy to arrange, book and pay for a pitch in advance and collect subs on the day. Perhaps for next season we can put something in the fanzine to try and get a few more volunteers :rubchin:

Thanks to those that volunteered - those that didn't I hope you spill vinegar in your eyes :evil: :lol:

I Hate Hleb

Post by I Hate Hleb »

Well played Goose and the other volunteers. 8) At least the postponement means we've got our best result ever against them!! :barscarf: :lol: :lol: :wink:

Goose

Post by Goose »

I Hate Hleb wrote:Well played Goose and the other volunteers. 8) At least the postponement means we've got our best result ever against them!! :barscarf: :lol: :lol: :wink:

Indeed it does.

As a centre half it was the clean sheet that pleased me the most :barscarf:

We'll that and the mental strength we showed........

I Hate Hleb

Post by I Hate Hleb »

That's because the tactics were spot on for a change. 8) After all, if you don't leave the dressing room, they can't score!! :barscarf: :lol: :lol: :wink:

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

They are shite...we are shite....game will be shite :barscarf:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

falkirk goon wrote:They are shite...we are shite....game will now not go ahead :barscarf:
Fixed that for ya, mate! :barscarf: :wink:

I Hate Hleb

Post by I Hate Hleb »

DB10GOONER wrote:
falkirk goon wrote:They are young and good...we are old and shite....we are happy the game will now not go ahead :barscarf:
Fixed that for ya, mate! :barscarf: :wink:
Just tided things up to better reflect the reality guys. :wink: :lol: :lol: :wink: