Tevez Loan?

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
RaM

Tevez Loan?

Post by RaM »

Some of the most rrecent reports on Tevez say he's considering us or united. However, all of those articles also state that we are only willing to make a one year loan deal for 9 million.

Does anyone else feel a loan is a little....weak?poor?unsatisfactory?

I think that, especially if he is the going to be the only striker we bring in to replace Henry, then we should at least buy him.

A loan just doesn't seem worth it, and surely he'd prefer a long term deal at man u than a loan with us, even if we are the better club?

REB

Post by REB »

dont think le prof will pay over odds 4 anyone,, he,s a good player but not worth the money thats been reportd in papers,,still feel wengers got something lined up,,

jakey boy

Post by jakey boy »

Tell me if I misunderstood your post, we might pay £9m to loan him for a year? What an awful deal, tragic idea

Chopper

Post by Chopper »

Apparently the mancs want to take him on the one year loan, not seen we are considering it too.

I don't think a loan is a bad thing, gives us chance to see how he settles into our team. Not sure about paying £9m to loan him or do you mean loan him for a season with option to buy for £9m at the end of it?

Chopper

Post by Chopper »

Apparently the mancs want to take him on the one year loan, not seen we are considering it too.

I don't think a loan is a bad thing, gives us chance to see how he settles into our team. Not sure about paying £9m to loan him or do you mean loan him for a season with option to buy for £9m at the end of it?

green gooner

Post by green gooner »

Tevez has openly courted the notion of going to Real Madrid, even if he did come to Arsenal I believe he would always look to Spain for his future. He would just use the Gunners as a springboard to a move to his dream club.

Don't get me wrong, I think he is a fine player and i'm sure he would be a hit for us, but I just can't see him staying for eight years or however long. Wenger could make him ten times the player he is today but then Real would only be more interested in him.

Now that Arsene is back from Butlins I hope we will get a better idea of what the future holds for us all.

Gunnerz4life

Post by Gunnerz4life »

I dont see Tevez agreeing to a loan move when his future might be secured if he joining the Manure or more likely Real.