Gooner Wembley mash-up special guests a rugby league team

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
northbank123

Re: Gooner Wembley mash-up special guests a rugby league tea

Post by northbank123 »

rodders999 wrote:Injured me hole, his priority is the virtual trophy, those players are being rested under the pretense of being "injured". The focus is on West Ham Tuesday night. Gauranteed all will make a miracolous recovery for that :roll:
Absolutely, seem to remember he did the same against Spurs because he knew if he rested players and we got turned over he would get lambasted. It's never been in doubt that he views 4th as far more important than the FA Cup, but it still sickens me that he views a fucking FA Cup semi-final as an inconvenience to a battle with Everton for 4th and will jeopardise a golden opportunity to win our first trophy in twelve centuries so that he can continue starring in Groundhog Day.

officepest
Location: Lacking a little bit of sharpness in the final third.

Post by officepest »

northbank123 wrote:
rodders999 wrote:Injured me hole, his priority is the virtual trophy, those players are being rested under the pretense of being "injured". The focus is on West Ham Tuesday night. Gauranteed all will make a miracolous recovery for that :roll:
Absolutely, seem to remember he did the same against Spurs because he knew if he rested players and we got turned over he would get lambasted. It's never been in doubt that he views 4th as far more important than the FA Cup, but it still sickens me that he views a fucking FA Cup semi-final as an inconvenience to a battle with Everton for 4th and will jeopardise a golden opportunity to win our first trophy in twelve centuries so that he can continue starring in Groundhog Day.
The man is a dishonest, selfish coward. Considering what he's won for the club I feel sad just typing that, but as long as he wins the virtual trophy he has £7m p/a guaranteed for life.

RayC

Post by RayC »

Yeah they're championship side but who said our reserve players would even get a start in their side. Without our top 12 or 13 players were not much better than a championship side ourselves the way we're playing at the moment. Remember they've beaten $chitty twice in a yeay. Please give Plodolski a rest & give a kid a run. 1 - 0 please. At least we may have a half decent side for the final IF we make it. :barscarf: :barscarf:

Glitch33

Post by Glitch33 »

Prepared for a loss on Saturday, followed by another on Tuesday. :cry:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Ryanswannell

Post by Ryanswannell »

Am I missing something? I know we are all a bit fucked off at the moment, but it seems you may be getting angry at nothing for the sake of getting angry :rubchin: .

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

After every defeat we hear this shit ,how we will bounce back and want to do it for the fans,its bullshit ,its up there with mental strength and i have great belief in the team.Normally its wilshere who.appears on twitter with something similar.

Thats why im annoyed its useless words from useless pricks.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Giroud more interested in the fann**s than the fans. allegedly.

green gooner

Post by green gooner »

Bradywasking wrote:
Giroud more interested in the fann**s than the fans. allegedly.
I can condemn him for many things, but not for that, allegedly :lol:

Herd

Post by Herd »

If we play a weakened side that at least has some fresh legs in it we should be OK .
What has struck me in games against the victims ,chavs and the bitters in the league and the currants in the cl ,we looked a yard or two off the pace .

I do feel we should go for it with the OX and Gnarby wide let Sagna and Monreal stay in position for a change and get balls in behind them and cross to the postal giraffe !

I fear Ramsey getting played from the off as he will break down after 20 mins and we will lose shape !

Flappy perform,ance might also be key

Its up for Grabs !

jacko-arsnl2

Post by jacko-arsnl2 »

Ryanswannell wrote:
Am I missing something? I know we are all a bit fucked off at the moment, but it seems you may be getting angry at nothing for the sake of getting angry :rubchin: .
You telling me that Jedward haircut doesn't get you angry

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Last night I had a dream of 60,000 Gooners at Wembley belting out THERE'S ONLY ONE ARSENE WENGER

Lets hope it comes true tomorrow

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

I think I speak for the majority when I voice my displeasure at this game being an evening kick-off and being so close to our vital VT game in the week. Much rather have an early kick-off so the players can not turn up and stew over the defeat for the whole weekend.

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

northbank123 wrote:I think I speak for the majority when I voice my displeasure at this game being an evening kick-off and being so close to our vital VT game in the week. Much rather have an early kick-off so the players can not turn up and stew over the defeat for the whole weekend.
Saturday evening footy rocks, go get pissed in the afternoon and beleeeeeive. :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

augie

Post by augie »

Do not believe for one second that we will lose this and if we score early we will wallop them by either 3-1 or 4-1 8)

For me the only concern I have for tomorrows game is playing flaps in the goals - no doubt that he has done well when called upon recently but for me he is always just one fcuk up away from a total meltdown and I will be amazed if he goes the rest of this season without making that fcuk up. I was actually one of the last on here to turn against flaps (because I believed that he had/has real potential) but his tendency to make almighty fcuk ups eventually wore me down :( I know that many still blame him for the chavs goal in our last cup semi at Wembley but I will still argue that the pitch was the main reason for that goal as a proper pitch would have seen that ball go through to him as opposed to the irregular bounce when left him in nowhere land :roll:

The nearer the game comes, the more focused I am on it - because of the circumstances in and around the club at the mo, I am not looking forward to the game as much as I would usually look forward to an fa cup semi. I suppose it was summed up best earlier in this thread when somebody said that it is a win win scenario for us........win the game and we in the final and have a real chance at winning the thing, but lose and it will turn the atmosphere towards wenker into a real nuclear situation of which I don't believe that he could recover.

Anyway they are a championship side and wont trouble us tomorrow