Give me Nicolas Anelka (24/6)

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
gooner.ed
Site Admin

Give me Nicolas Anelka (24/6)

Post by gooner.ed »

usual thread starter... have to say it would make me laugh if le sulk did return. after all the stick he has taken from arsenal fans, the sea change in their opinion of the man would be hilarious. it would also expose that football fans can be as fickle towards players as they perceive players are to clubs. i can say hand on heart that i have never wasted an ounce of my energy hating anelka. what's the point? i admit to laughing at some of ashley cole's outpourings but i cannot even bring myself to waste energy hating him. he's just a clown, good for amusement purposes. anelka is quality and a damned sight less injury prone than th14 seems to have become, so fine by me if he does return.

bathgooner

Post by bathgooner »

I fully agree. Nic was a petulant boy influenced by his brothers and has now learnt that moving around does not always take you to a better place. He has unfinished business at Arsenal. He will never be a media darling like TH14 but will fit instantly into our style and will certainly take some of those spurned opportunities we wasted all last season.

gus ceasar is a legend

Post by gus ceasar is a legend »

He is class and just what is needed!

Be a missed oppurtunity if we didn't snatch him from Bolton!

Geoff Strong

Post by Geoff Strong »

Anelka's the one I would like to see plus Tevez.

proudtosaythatname

Post by proudtosaythatname »

We've even got the 'Super Nic' song ready-made!

donaldo

Post by donaldo »

Before Cashley shit on us Anelka was the most hated player ever.A money grabbing c**t. Every game he came back to Arsenal he was booed.Now you want to welcome him back with open arms and say all is fogiven.What next do you want Cashley back.Talk about two-faced.

GoonerBen

Post by GoonerBen »

Anelka is definately a money grabbing *word censored*, however he would terrorise the premiership with our midfield providing him with the chances that bolton's donkeys dont 20 goals a season no problem, however do we really want him, having acted like such a *word censored*? hell never be a gooner through and through but hes a class striker

Trevheff

Post by Trevheff »

20 goals plus a season? I'd have him back, but I'd find it difficult to sing his name. Polite applause maybe.

RocastleRock

Nic money grabbing miserable git anelka

Post by RocastleRock »

Anelka my Arse.. Dont Deserve any second chances in my book.. Would not be welcomed back.

daz10_uk

Post by daz10_uk »

I totally disagree. i think Anelka is a waste of time he is bad for team spirit as he seems to rub everyone up the wrong way. Have we forgotten the way he never stays anywhere for me than 2 years? Do we need someone like that......... Going to the french papers slagging the club/team off all the time.... I was at Wembley for the cup final in '98 where he roasted Howey (i think) for the 2nd goal but cant forget also the bullshit that comes with this idiot.

Please please please dont bring Anelka back

donaldo

Post by donaldo »

The signing of DaSilva seems to have knocked the signing of Anelka on the head.Now all the "we forgive you Nicholas come back and join us" merchants can go back to hating him like they did before.