Red Army

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

The days when the Highbury pitch was a bog and they put sand on it. I have many happy memories of John Lukic diving around in his green top amid a penalty box full of sand.

I also loved Nutty Nige's goal against Wimbledon just before Anfield 89. 'Right foot, that's unusual for him!'

Kevin Campbell going mental and scoring loads in the 1991 run-in, Steve Walsh's great own-goal for Leicester on Boxing Day 1997 and of course that dirty Brian McClair's last-minute penalty miss in the FA Cup tie in 1987 I can remember one of the Sunday rags ran a spot-the-ball competition the following day and it said; "That's right, it's high in the North Bank rafters!

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

The days when the Highbury pitch was a bog and they put sand on it. I have many happy memories of John Lukic diving around in his green top amid a penalty box full of sand.

I also loved Nutty Nige's goal against Wimbledon just before Anfield 89. 'Right foot, that's unusual for him!'

Kevin Campbell going mental and scoring loads in the 1991 run-in, Steve Walsh's great own-goal for Leicester on Boxing Day 1997 and of course that dirty Brian McClair's last-minute penalty miss in the FA Cup tie in 1987 I can remember one of the Sunday rags ran a spot-the-ball competition the following day and it said; "That's right, it's high in the North Bank rafters!

U.F.G Anfield '89

Post by U.F.G Anfield '89 »

mclair missing in front of the northbank, anyone remember what Winterburn said to him afterwards? "you're shit you are!"